Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Need To Put This Somewhere

Shannon, this has certainly been a challenging chapter. It sounds like you feel better and that your husband is a bit better. You remain in my prayers and thoughts.

Peace

mary

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks

It's 8pm here. I had a really good long nap. A nice shower. And we are headed back up to for the weekend to the hospital. His cardiac cath will not be done until at least Monday.

Hugs to all here. I will check in when able.

Stay warm. It is going to be below zero here once again.

I continue to hold you in my heart, Shannon. Know that you are not alone. My wish is that your husband continues on a path of recovery. Please remember to take care of yourself. Rest when you can. Sometimes we forget that we have to take good care of ourselves when we are caring for our soulmates. Anne

Shannon, I'm glad the effects are minor and I continue to pray for you and your husband, even when I'm not on line. Please be careful on your way to/from the hospital, and don't venture out if the roads aren't being taken care of properly. My, that is cold! I'm supposed to get snow today and the next few days too but it's not as cold here.

I'm so glad you took care of yourself first or you wouldn't be able to be with him now.

Leo had a double bypass Monday following decreased heart function and a cardiac catheterization to determine what needed to be done. I just got home for the night... It's 1:15am early Wed morning. He had a triple bypass done in 2006. This is the other side of the heart this time. The triple bypass area is still looking very good.

Sadly, Leo's baby sister... Who lives in Maryland had a heart attack very early Tuesday and had a triple bypass done just a few hours ago. She is only a couple years older than myself. She has the same issues as my husband, his other Sister who lives here by us, and that Leo's twin brother died from 9 1/2 yrs ago. Diabetes, congestive heart failure, COPD, strokes, kidney failure. It's tough having Leo going through so much, and now his baby sister too. And she has battled cancer twice... With harsh after affects from treatments. She is 7hrs away... Battling to hang on following her heart surgery. And Leo woke from his Tuesday afternoon with good vitals. The stroke, though minor has left him somewhat impaired in certain movements and his cognition is not quite where it was. And even that was not where it should have been due to past strokes. But he is talking, slowly and with some difficulty getting things out. And he knows what has happened... He knows where he is... He knows who I am!! :) And he knows his sister and his daughter. He knows everyone. He does not know yet that his youngest sister had heart surgery. We have kept that from him for now. He started eating a simple diet. Jello... Mostly... LOL. Sugar free of course. His kidney function has actually improved to where his numbers were before he got so ill and everything happened. His BP is very good at around 100/65. He will be needing cardiac rehab and therapy for the stroke deficit. They will be trying to get him standing tomorrow... (Well, later today).

I'm utterly exhausted. I think part of it is because I have been "holding my breath" while he was so ill. I have let some of the breath out. But I won't ever be able to fully. That's just what is. And unfortunately for myself, my heart is still heavy. Not just for what our future holds or does not hold... But grief that is my own... That I have been trying so very hard to cope with in therapy in regards to my precious Mom's murder and all that surrounds it.. It really starts hitting me hard at the start of Feb each year... Leading up to April 1st. :(

Anyway, Leo's sister, Mary who has been with me by his side, who lives by us... Is now in MD with their little sister, Michelle. I am home... I need time to breathe, cry, and at some point pass out sleeping!

Sorry, I went on and on. I'm just tired.

I want to thank all of you for your supportive words, thoughts, and prayers. I have kept them with me. I will be heading back to Leo later today.

Oh Shannon, I am happy that Leo is slowly recovering. He is in my prayers and will continue to be as will you. I can imagine how very tired you must be. Please take care of yourself and get your rest. You will need to be strong when Leo comes home. Remember to breathe, eat, and rest when you can. I carry your heart in my heart. Anne

Shannon, please take care of yourself. I know this is a tough time for you but taking care of you and attempting to get beyond exhaustion is the best use of your time right now. I hold you all in the light.

Peace

Mary

Shannon,

I pray Leo continues to regain his strength, perhaps this double bypass will do the trick! George was facing a five by-pass when he died...he probably wouldn't have made it through the surgery, they'd scheduled him before they realized how damaged his heart was, so I'm glad if he was going to die anyway, that he was spared having to go through that. They'd said it would have given him another 20 years, so let's hope that's the case for your husband!

I hope now that you will rest and let time heal both of you...thinking of you today...

Thanks everyone.

I'm home this afternoon until Saturday probably. I'm feeling not that great, migraine, stomach bug I think, and chills and sweats.

Leo was up sitting in a chair and did some walking yesterday as well as doing a pretty good job at eating lunch and dinner... Good stuff... Well, as good as hospital food can get! His vitals are good as well as his blood sugars. He will probably be coming home Monday. With cardiac rehab and therapy for his deficits from the stroke. His pain level is not too bad. But he is still on Percocet since the heart surgery, Monday. And he must be feeling better because his goofy sense of humor is shining through... And flirting with the nurses!! LOL! Harmless of course... It's just him. I am relieved his sense of humor is back...

I'm off to rest and take care of whatever I have.

Oh, Leo's baby sister in Maryland is not fairing as well following her heart surgery Tuesday. But the heart attack he had left a large part of her heart quite damaged. But she is making slow progress.

God bless and again thanks for your prayers etc...

:)

Kay, I'm sorry George didn't get the heart surgery that, yes, could've prolonged his life.

I'm blessed Leo survived everything he has... Including a triple bypass and now a double.

Shannon, trust me...when this group holds you to self care...they mean it. And they do not forget. And they Will come after you...well, not really, but people do care and will follow up.

Peace and rest,

Mary

:)

Yes ma'am's! LOL!

I have had soup, tea, a bath, meds, and just talked to hubby who is a bit loopy and tired from meds etc... But he is watching tv and still sitting up in his chair a bit longer. So now, I can go rest easy.

Thank you. Peace and love to all.

Night night...

Hi Shannon,

REST - a bodily state characterized by minimal functional and metabolic activities. I am so happy that all is still going well with your Leo. Now it is time for you to heed our gentle reminder that you must take care of yourself. I am 'the voice in the wilderness' who seems to remind those who need extra reminders ( I won't mention names) to rest that there are people watching. You will need your strength when Leo comes home. Bless you and know that we will continue to send up prayers. Anne

Shannon, when Anne gets on your case...you had better rest. Trust me. She is quite persistent...and very loving.

Mary

Awwww, I so appreciate you ALL so so very much!

It is 1am now... I woke about a half hour ago sweating and chilly. Definitely have a little bug of some sort. I've got some soft ocean music playing on my Pandora music app on my iPad here, and finishing some tea and snuggled under the covers hoping to get back to sleep soon.

Thank you for caring! :)

Yes, tea, music, snuggling under covers, all for you! I hope you sleep well!

It's almost 2 in the morning Monday very early. Leo came home from hospital about 12 hours ago. He was glad to be home in our own bed. He got wiped out so quickly. Has been waking off and on with nausea... And pain from his heart surgery site. But he's doing ok. Will begin rehab Tuesday.

I'm exhausted. I'm litterally up tonight listening and watching him like a hawk.

I'm glad he is home. Hoping things will get better from here.

Just thought I'd let you all know he is home! :)

Um, sorry those pics went in twice.

Oh Shannon,

How very happy I am that your Leo is home. He does look so content. Now, it is going to be very important that you take care of yourself so you are able to do what has to be done. I so remember those nights when I was up just watching my Jim. I know you will get tired of hearing us tell you that you must rest. Caregiving is such a demanding action that we often forget about ourselves but in order to do a good job we must think of ourselves first. I hope if you need some help that you are able to get it. Most of us go about doing it all ourselves and then we pay for it in the end. Loving care of yourself will help your Leo. Our arms are around you and prayers are being answered. Anne

post-15704-0-67431700-1359977774_thumb.j

I can imagine how happily you are listening to the sound of his breathing, how glad I am for you that he's home! I hope you can sleep and rest well, you will need it. I hope today is relaxing for both of you before the rehab starts...

Shannon, do take care of YOU! Super Important.

Mary

Shannon,

I am so happy to hear that things are going well. And I hope you are recovering from the bug. Now, first take care of you, then Leo. I am glad he is home where you can hear his breath, see his smile, and be with him. Now, I hope you will relax even a little bit more, bring in all the help you can, give yourself little naps, take breaks very often, even if only ten minutes, eat healthy foods, and find time for YOU to restore and take care of YOU.

As Mary said, this is super important. Please take time each day, at last 15 minutes, to sit with yourself, see how YOU are feeling, find out what YOU need, and be a very good caregiver to YOU.

I hold you and Leo in my prayers and heart.

Much Love and Blessings,

*<twinkles>*

feralfae

Shannon,

How are you doing? And Leo?

Hi and thank you.

Leo has had rehab twice so far. He is doing ok. But sleeping a lot, which always concerns me, but he is ok.

I am still exhausted. Not quite myself for numerous reasons.

We have a blizzard warning in effect through Saturday. Expecting 2 ft of snow... High winds... And I'm really nervous.

I've gotten necessities from store.

On my way out to pharmacy to pick up both our medications. Then to see my therapist.

Hugs to all.

So glad you are not letting your appointments for therapy get lost in all of this. I hope you can get some rest....also. My sister is out east and preparing for a big storm also. I was there once just after a nor'easter and amazed at the power. Extra water in the house in a power outage helps also. Take care of yourself. Seriously...take care of yourself.

Peace

Mary