Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Please Pray

I know, I agree. And the drs are not giving up or saying no brain activity. But if he has no response at all in a few weeks they will do the test.

Of course everyone is praying for a true miracle.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon, my sister was in a coma for 4 1/2 months, NO response! She woke up one day...that was when she was 25, now she's 70. You never know for sure what's going on in there, of course now they have all kinds of tests they didn't have back then. But we'll keep praying! That's one thing we can do...

Kay,

Did your sister have any brain activity?

I'm off to sleep (I hope). Chemo again tomorrow. Hoping I can get to Leo by Friday.

Shannon, I continue to hold you in the light. There is only one way to do this journey and that is one day at a time...sometimes one hour at a time...it is just a huge challenge and would be to anyone. Peace to your heart, Mary

Oh yes! My sister's accident left her brain-damaged, but not the cognitive part, just motor skills part. This took place 45 years ago and she's still here! Her speech is impaired and she's left quadriplegic but she's adjusted to her new life and has a remarkable attitude and spirit. She enjoys reading, movies, interacting with the others in her foster family, and looks forward to our monthly "sisters" outings we have. But when she was in a coma for 4 1/2 months, we had no idea what we were facing or what the outcome would be.

Well, one... I spent last night and today up at the hospital. No change... No responses to me. :(

Two... I came home tonight because I began getting sick again still from the chemo mon and tues.

and three... I am starting g to lose bit of my hair. :(

Oddly enough that hasn't been top on my worries. But it's happening and it's so upsetting I can't find the words.

Hopefully I can get back to the hospital Sunday. My stepdaughter is with him.

Well, one... I spent last night and today up at the hospital. No change... No responses to me. :(

Two... I came home tonight because I began getting sick again still from the chemo mon and tues.

and three... I am starting g to lose bit of my hair. :(

Oddly enough that hasn't been top on my worries. But it's happening and it's so upsetting I can't find the words.

Hopefully I can get back to the hospital Sunday. My stepdaughter is with him.

Shannon, I am so very glad that you were able to get to the hospital and sit with Leo. How wonderful. I know it is also like torture to be there and get no response. I believe, however, that our beloveds do know we are there. I am sorry the chemo is getting you again and that you are losing your hair which I know is difficult. I just walked through that with one of my closest friends. Knowing it will grow back is little consolation as it falls out. I know that. You are one amazing woman dealing with so much and juggling so many balls of pains. I have been wondering how you are and am glad to see your post. Keeping you in my heart, Mary

Shannon, it's good to hear from you...I am sorry about your hair and your feeling sick. I'm glad you were able to be with Leo, and who knows but what it might have cheered up his spirit, even though he can't tell you. I wish you could get a response from him. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you.

My dear Shannon. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will be fine during your treatments. Today's medicine is wonderful. I am praying that you begin to be healthy so that you can give your energy to your Leo. I know how much that means to you. Losing your hair is frightening. I am sorry that is happening to you. Please keep us informed when you can. I am so sorry you have so much on your plate right now. I would take some of your pain but I know that I can not. Just know that I would if I could. Anne

Shannon,

You''re in our thoughts each and every day, whether we post or not...just as you and Leo are in our prayers.

Dear Shannon,

I am holding you in prayer and in my heart as I travel, dear one.

I am sorry to hear about Leo, but I do believe that he can hear you and he knows you are there.

Blessings and much love to you, dear Shannon,

fae

My heart is breaking. I have to say that losing Leo this way is more heart breaking than even my Mama's murder. He is done. He is not there anymore. If he were there, there would be some kind of response. But his heart beat is even slowing down. To a very low point. From all the Drs can see, it is quite evident that if he was taken off life support, it would be only a couple minutes until he would be gone because his functions are shutting down.

I left and let his daughter have time with him. Though I feel he doesn't know anyone is with him. :(

I'm laying down... Crying. But numb too.

I'm praying somehow for a miracle.

Oh my dear Shannon, I am with you and praying for you and all your family. There are no words to comfort you just love being sent your way. I know that your family here on the forum have you in our hearts. Anne

Shannon,

I am sorry, I really am. I know of nothing harder than letting go of the one you love. I didn't get a choice when George died, it just happened. You aren't being granted a choice either, but somehow this limbo state seems harder. You're right, I don't know of a harder loss than your husband...that's because we're one with them and it's like cutting out half of us. We are here for you as you go through this, holding you up in prayer.

Dearest Shannon,

No matter what, Leo can feel your love and knows you love him, dear one. There are connections that are not about our five senses, and love is certainly one of those connections. No matter if you are miles apart, the connection is there. Send him love, and let him know it is all right with you if he needs to leave, if that is how you feel. I had to let Doug know that I would be all right if he needed to leave -- that I would miss him every day, but that if he needed to go, I would make it somehow, and that my love would go with him, always. Just say a prayer, send a message from your heart to his, and tell him how you feel. Leo will know.

I am so sorry that life takes you to this place of great pain and separation. I wish we could find a way to prepare better for it, but I don't think that is a part of what we get, being humans. But please remember that spirit goes on, and that in spirit, we are not only always together, but we are always connected.

I hold you very close in my heart, dear Shannon, and wish you peace and faith this day and for this journey.

Much, much love, and also

*<twinkles>*

fae

Hello,

This is Shannon's sister-in-law. She asked me to come put a message here to your kind group.

On Wednesday, her husband and my big brother, passed away at 8:10pm. I have her home now.

We are all in shock.

She wanted me to convey to all of you a huge thank you for the support you have shown. I thank you as well.

Leo will be cremated and we will be having a service at a later date. With Shannon's health issues, that is what seems best.

Again, thank you for all your caring. Shannon will be back to post herself at some point.

God Bless.

I am so sorry, dear Shannon that your dear Leo has passed. There are no words. My prayers are with you and the family. I hold you in my heart and want you to know that I am with you at this difficult time. You know that you will always have this special place to come to. We wrap our arms around you and love you. Peace to you always. Love, Anne

Dear Shannon, I know there are no words that can possibly help today in light of Leo's death. I will never ever forget the gut wrenching agony I experienced and I know every single one of us here knows that pain. I am so very sorry. When you return here we will all embrace you and help you on this journey. Please also thank your SIL for posting and pass on my sympathy to her on the loss of her brother.

With love

Mary

My dear Shannon, may the love in our hearts be carried directly to you and your family at this sad and difficult time, and may you walk in the light of this love.

We pray that you feel the wings of your angel mother as she welcomes your beloved Leo into eternal peace, and may that same peace ~ and the light of their boundless love ~ surround your grieving heart.

My dearest Shannon,

I am so sorry. I thank God for your sister-in-law, and I pray God will undergird you during this difficult time. My heart goes out to you, I know what it feels like to lose your dear sweet husband.

There will be times it will be hard to think. Know that all of us have been through this and will here for you, any time you want to talk.

I believe with all of my heart we will be joined with our loved ones and between now and then, we carry them in our hearts.

What can I say. I hoped I prayed I hoped I prayed endlessly.

I don't want to be a part of this club. We did not have enough time. Not nearly enough.

I'm on medication to help me sleep and relax. It's like I cannot even think though.

Thank you for your prayers. Family is all with Mary at their house. I want to be here in our bed. I don't want anyone here. Am lost. And numb. Going back to sleep. I want thiss to be a bad dream. My honey was my life now how can I be anymore.

Oh dear Shannon, I know. None of us want to be grieving the loss of our beloveds. All of us know the emptiness and feel robbed of time together. You have been and are going through such pain and trauma and how I wish I could help to make it ease up but these are the toughest days and I send warm embraces to you, prayers and I know Leo and your mom are with you. I am glad you are resting and I understand your desire to be at home. Do try to get some food down...soup perhaps. You are not alone. We are all here with you. We know this pain of loss.

Peace

Mary

Dear Shannon,

I am so sorry that Your Leo is no longer with you. I don't knoe exactly how YOU feel, but i do know the pain of being without the love of your life. The one person who made living worth it. I am truly sorry. I am crying tears for you right now. Please keep coming here. I didn't want to be apart of this club either-pretty sure no one here did, but here we are and we care very much about you. It can't give you Leo back, but it is somewhere to turn. I will pray for you.

Thank you all you are amazingly beautiful

My dear Shannon,

I know you didn't want to join this club that no one wanted to join. No one wants to walk this path. We will be there for you and will help you through it. We've learned some things that have helped us and we're here to help you on your journey.

Right now I'm sure you just need lots of rest, whatever you can get, you're taxed with grief and battling cancer, that's a lot. We're here whenever you want to talk.