MartyT

Videos Worth Watching

And so true!

• Like 1

I also like the book When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner (Rabbi).

• Like 1

Great discussion.

I was in college studying theology before I started to change my image of God as a protector and loving Father. It took me years to realize that God does not let bad things happen. It is rather a part of life.  It is up to me to accept that when something bad happens it is not God’s fault. 

I was first introduced to Terri Daniels when my dog Benji died. I kept asking why and even gave God a piece of my mind for taking him away so soon after I adopted him after my beloved Jim died. For a while, I thought it was God punishing me until I remember that God does not allow bad things to happen.

Thanks for finding this video, Marty.

• Like 2

I guess because people view God as all powerful, they feel He can stop something from happening but since He didn't, they blame Him.  They don't realize even He acts within certain guidelines and boundaries that were set in motion too many years ago to count.  He will BE in charge someday, but according to most Christian theology, that isn't the case right now.  It's complicated.  Anyway, I view it as you do, Anne, we're in a world where things are temporary, our bodies for one thing.  Rather than playing the blame game, I see Him as going through everything WITH me.  Hard to remember when you're newly grieving and out of your mind with it, but even that state is temporary.  We get a little more clarity of mind back in time.

How to Find Purpose in Your Life

An interesting perspective in my grief healing journey. - Shalom

• Like 2

Except for the SEX reference, not like any of us have any.  What's that???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kayc said:

Except for the SEX reference, not like any of us have any.  What's that???

I thought the same thing...  "Now why did he have to mention that!"   I presume it is to attract attention to the video. 

I know there is a purpose to everything in life. It draws me closer to God and His work of sanctification. - Shalom

• Like 1

This inspires me.  Never accept loss as the end.  Miracles happen.  Even when you don't see how.

Shalom

• Like 3

Emotions are negotiable. An interesting perspective on how to deal with them.

Shalom

• Like 1

I have watched this once and plan to review several times until the message sinks in.... 

• Like 2