Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Report To Our Members And Visitors

MartyT

I hope your holidays were manageable. Raw grief doesn’t allow for too much ‘happy’ so it’s good to know that you don’t have to be jolly if you’re not a mind to.

Just a gentle reminder that we do have a DONATE button and I hope we remember to use it only as we can. This discussion forum has been a real help to those of us who find our way here.

Carrie, I hope you found a way to use your card. If you still need help you can PM me. Let’s all do what we can to keep this discussion forum alive.

Anne

Good morning, Anne,

Thank you for responding. Jerry and I had a busy day yesterday, so we have not yet donated, but we intend to do so within a few hours. Although there is a place to use a credit card at "Donate," the transaction appears to go through PayPal. We've heard of PayPal, but have never used it.

Thank you for your offer of help. I may need your help, if we have a problem.

Because I'm a newbie, perhaps I don't have the right to speak plainly, but it seems to me that with as many members as we have, many more than are giving presently likely have the means of giving at least five dollars a month. I grew up among the poorest of poor in the Mississippi Delta, so I fully understand those who have not one dime to spare. Those who can't give anything at all need to be cared for and nurtured just the same at those who give much. I am not wealthy, and will not be able to contribute to the extent as I am helped by the forum, but I feel compelled to give something back, for this is only right. If there is a way to donate directly with a credit card, and if members learn how to donate this way, perhaps more people will donate.

I understand the bookkeeping issues due to my being VP of and having half ownership of JHMC Robotics, Inc., as well as being owner of two other businesses. I know of few, other than CPAs and bookkeepers, who like to "do the books." I hate the paperwork, and I don't blame anyone for not choosing to use precious time, and much effort, to do it. I am running from that part of our own business. One person cannot fill all positions. I have no answer, and not even a suggestion, regarding this part of the donations.

I ask God for blessings and healing for all who are here with us.

Carrie

Hi,

Jerry and I managed to donate with MasterCard through PayPal, I believe. We wish we could give more, and if God be willing, we can donate again soon. We care, and we pray each morning together for all who are hurting here. We've become familiar with some of your names, and hope to learn more soon.

Blessings to all,

Carrie and Jerry

Thank you so very much for you and Jerry's donation Carrie. We do only what we can and whatever is donated is accepted with a grateful heart from our moderator, Marty.

Marty, I know you are listening to what is going on here on the forum. I hope you see what you have started by making this sacred place available to us. I know I am not the only one grateful to have a place where we can each share our own journeys.

Our lives are as different as the snowflakes that cover our earth ~ yet the reason we are here bonds us together like a perfectly formed snowball.

Each one of us contributes to the whole to make this a blessed place to come.

Thank You. Thank You so much for what you do here and for continuing to provide a safe place for us to come.

Whether you are new or have been here a long time please do what you can, in a monetary way, to help support this discussion forum. Whatever donation you make will be greatly appreciated for it not only takes time but it also takes money to keep a forum open like this one.

Anne

• 2 months later...

Greetings!
This is just a gentle note to remind us all that we are in the second quarter now, and for those of us able to provide some support, it is a good time to make a quarterly contribution to this wonderful, healing place.

I am sure that, like me, you continue to find this a sanctuary for your grieving heart, and that, like me, you want this place to continue to be here for us. We can ensure that the door stays open by making a contribution today.

With much gratitude for this supportive and caring site, I know I will send a contribution today, and hope you will do the same.

I'm also sending everyone some
*<twinkles>*
feralfae

• 2 months later...

I am not getting paid for this ~ it again comes from my heart.

Sending a gentle reminder that a donation of whatever you can afford will be greatly appreciated to keep this excellent website open and free from annoying ads. Hit the DONATE button above...

We are getting very close to 7000 members and this shows that this is a safe place to come and share our stories. Those who come here are sensitive to the words of others. We care about others and lend a listening ear. All ideas are accepted with no judgment as long as we remain sensitive to one another’s opinions and show kindness. This website is owned and moderated by Marty, a certified grief counselor, who guides us to excellent resources and offers her professional advice reminding us that it is our place to come and share our stories. It makes no difference if we are new or if we have been here for a while. The many threads offer something for everyone.

As a member who so appreciates this site I come forward and ask you to think about giving a monetary donation if you haven’t already done so. It is important to me that we keep this website open.

Anne

• MartyT unpinned this topic