Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grandbaby Is On Her Way!

kayc

Didn't know where to share this so I figured "new beginnings" sounded apropos! They're waiting for more consistency and closer together to head to the hospital but it sounds like it could be tonight or tomorrow morning!

Sunday was false alarm but now she's on her way...they're at the hospital & I'm leaving, I'll be gone 2-3 days & won't have my computer with me. :)

Holding my breath for the announcement, Kay. I know you'll check in when you are able to. Just imagine all the 'forum grannies' who will share your joy. Grandmothers get to spoil. Watching and waiting with you. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P.

post-914-0-52429300-1432904886_thumb.jpg

Cecilia Mae was born May 26 following 18 1/2 hours labor and nearly four hours of pushing...they gave Bethany drugs to strengthen her contractions but she still couldn't deliver her. Turns out her pelvic bone goes across flat, not letting the baby pass through no matter how hard she tried. Poor girl was exhausted! When, after several hours of this, the baby's heart rate started to drop, they said they'd have to take her C-section. When they did so, they discovered the baby's head was wedged into the pelvis so tight they had to use suction to get her out! I personally felt they should have done so at least an hour sooner! They said if they'd let her continue pushing, her uterus would have burst and they would have lost both mother and baby. My son cried. They were both such troopers! Paul spent hours bending over her, rubbing her shoulders, encouraging her. I was in the waiting room, praying. Finally they delivered her, and she's beautiful! She looks just like her mom, but with my son's cleft chin. :)

I babysat my granddoggies for a couple of days but as they were due to come home yesterday from the hospital, I came home...turns out the hospital decided to keep her today but they're getting teens from their church to take care of their doggies.

I feel exhausted. This has been a very emotional week, with this and with something else going on right now. I only slept 3 1/2 hours last night, wish it could have been longer!

Oh Kay, I'm so sorry this birth was so difficult for all of you, and so grateful that it all turned out well. I've had two C-sections myself, and I know it takes a while to recuperate from those.

How wonderful that you now have a precious little granddaughter ~ and I love her name! (My sister's name is Cecilia, and that was my mother's middle name! It's also my grand-niece's name! It's not a name you hear very often, but it's a prominent one in my family ;) )

Get some rest, dear one ~ you certainly do deserve it ~ and we're so glad to have you back here with us

Beautiful grandbaby, Kay. So sorry that your DIL had a hard time with delivery. Congratulations to all in the family. Happiness for all. Welcome to grandmother world.

I hope you are resting and catching up on love with Arlie. I think the name Cecilia is a beautiful name.

I've been checking often, yet still missed this (in another place and later, I'll tell the likely reason I missed this). I'm excited for you and your family, Kay, and like the others here, I'm really sorry your DIL (and son) had such a rough time. Your little one is just precious! A beautiful baby with a beautiful name. How happy your heart must be!

It's time for you to recuperate and regroup.

Carrie

Kay,

I am sending happy congratulations for the whole family!

Baby girl looks tired, but as cute as she can be.

I hope you are resting and recovering from the emotional stress and the traveling.

All best wishes to you and the parents and the baby.

*<twinkles>*

fae

It was taken right after she was born, she'd been through a lot of trauma. She was alert, holding her head up pretty well for a newborn, and cuddly. I loved holding her, I could have held her for hours had I not had competition vying for her attention. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow ... it is a reminder that as life transitions back to the creator new life comes to us to fill us anew. I just love new babies and I'm so happy for you KayC. But what are the stats? How much did she weigh? Best wishes to all, new mom and dad (what a fathers day) and new nana :D

She was born 5/26 weighed 8 lbs 7 oz