Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Unable to preview topic/post?

mittam99

It seems as though there is no longer a way to preview something that you post in the forum. In the past, when posting, there was a separate "preview" button to allow you to see your formatted post before submitting. Is that function gone or am I just not looking in the correct place?

I've looked all over to see if I can find a way to add that feature, Mitch, and I am stumped. I've submitted your question to the Support folks at Invision Power Board, and I will let you know their answer as soon as I hear back from them. I did receive this response so far:

We have sent your message to IPS Technical Support. A Support Technician will contact you by email within 48 hours.

Hi Mitch,

Apparently the Preview function no longer exists, as there is no need for it. Whatever you see in the text you compose is exactly what will appear once you click on "Submit Reply." This is the response I received this morning from Invision Power Board's support person:

Ralf H has replied to your support request.

Hi!
There is no need for a preview function anymore, since the formatting (text styling, links, image/video embeds) the preview would show now already appears in the editor itself.

Ralf Herrmann
Invision Power Services, Inc.