Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Major Setback

Degasgirl

I feel like I am always posting negative things. I'm sorry I'm not always negative! I'm having a major setback tonight as I just realized I have 2 deleted messages on my cell from my mom (while she was in the hospital on the cell phone). To hear her voice..... I am just losing it now all over again.  She sounds so good. It makes me so mad because she died of hospital acquired pneumonia and I keep feeling like this wouldn't have happened if she hadn't been in for so long (8 weeks). I know it's not healthy to think like this because it doesn't change anything but it makes it harder to accept. I would do anything to hear her voice again..... These voicemails make it so hard all over again..

(((hugs)))

Don't worry about being negative, you're grieving.  I'd treasure a voicemail from my mum and if anybody has video of their lost loved one I'm so envious.  I wish I'd taken more photographs.  I too would do anything to hear my mum's voice.  I find if I try too hard it's difficult to remember it but if I relax and just think of random things I can usually remember how she sounded.

She is always with you though.......that's something I rely on.