Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For everyone on our board.

Guest Janka

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that, Janka.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Kevin,

it makes me smile knowing there is something you do like as I myself too.There was a time I had been listening to this music day by day,again and again,crying all along...Then I found another songs,repeating them for hours...Since I´ve found out many more songs capturing another new phases of my grieving life,going on and on...I know my grief will never go away...Marc Anthony is one of good singers who really know to sing.I know what I´m talking about as I was studying the opera and piano too.For me is music and poetry the way I can express myself the best I can...I´ve been writing for my beloved man Jan about 30 poems by now and I´m sure he can hear them.If you have your favourite songs,I also would like to listen to.I´m so sorry what you´ve been going through and glad you´ve found this board to get to know those people who really understand.

PS:Send you my favourite song,seems to me wonderful.

Hugs from Janka

Honestly Janka, listening to music makes me sad, can make me cry.  Now, my daughter, she is soothed by music.  Most people are.  So, today, coming home from collecting the five extra death certificates from the funeral home, I listened to Mickey Gilley's CD of all his hits.  I always loved listening to him, Billy hated listening to him.  So, there was no special songs on this country-western CD that made me sad.  Music soothes the savage beast.  Maybe next I will buy a CD of Elvis's hits as he did not like Elvis either.  Actually, he liked Abba and some Willie Nelson, but never listened to music just to listen to it.  I grew up in a music family with my dad playing every instrument and on Monday nights we would have country-western music from lots of local pickers and singers at our house.  People would sit out in their yards to listen and the doors and windows were all open.  That was before air conditioning, in the dark ages before TV took hold.  I like TV and love AC.  Used to love music.  Maybe I will again.

Music takes me or transports me back....that artists Janka shared (Marc Anthony)does Hotel California with a "latin" twist (you tube), really good.....When I really transport down memory lane....alcohol assisted no doubt, "Beach Boys" still a favorite. Angela was Waylon and Willie or Alabama, I crossed over with Angela and really got into Country. We were supposed to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band this summer, didn't happen........Music is a giant trigger, now that I think of it, the most dominate of triggers for me.

It is very, very rare I can listen to music now.  Steve being a musician has a lot to do with that.  But there is so much music that was tied to memories, his stuff, my stuff, our stuff.  Holiday music brings memories.  It's hard to escape sometimes.  I miss it, but just cannot take the trigger.  Every once in a while I'll tune in the 80's channel on Direst TV as they play stuff I dint remember and have no attachment to when I clean.  I hate the silence around here or having the TV on so much, but music is too primal.  I've downloaded songs to my tablet that are new because of the emotion and then am not able to listen to them unless if they are about loving someone.  The latest was Unlove You by Jennifer Nettles.  Had to have it tho.  Someday I hope to have music back in my life.  Band buddies come over to use his studio and I make my exited saying hello when they start playing.  One special voice is missing.

I definitely cannot listen to "our" music yet....we both loved music, when we were "courting" we would email song links to each other as a kind  of dedication. We had our own playlist at our wedding reception of all of "our" special songs/music. It would hurt, too much, to hear those now. Maybe someday.....but somehow, I doubt that.

Dear Brad,

it´s so sweet of you and so nice voice to hear.What a pleasant surprise!Thanks a lot!

PS:This is one of those songs I´ve never heard before,but I find it now,so pleasant as it can really touch my heart.I´d like to post it in here to share this lovely music,too.

Hugs from Janka

Blue-Black Butterfly

On ‎10‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 5:55 PM, kevin said:

Music takes me or transports me back....that artists Janka shared (Marc Anthony)does Hotel California with a "latin" twist (you tube), really good.....When I really transport down memory lane....alcohol assisted no doubt, "Beach Boys" still a favorite. Angela was Waylon and Willie or Alabama, I crossed over with Angela and really got into Country. We were supposed to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band this summer, didn't happen........Music is a giant trigger, now that I think of it, the most dominate of triggers for me.

Dear Kevin,

this is for you.Great song!

Have a nice day!

Janka

Colored Butterflies

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to this emotional song years ago,now it´s running in my head again and I´d like to dedicate it to all of you,my friends.

With love Janka

Brad,honestly,it wasn´t my "cup of tea" because of my age,but after seeing the film "Point of no return" from 1993 with couple of Bridget Fonda and Dermot Mulroney where this song comes from,it became one of my favourites,maybe because of the love story in the film I can´t forget.With that said,the story and music touched my heart and now I like it very much!

Hugs from Janka

I don't know how to download from YouTube, but I found several versions of "You'll Never Walk Alone". I think I like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version the best, so if someone could put it here, it would be nice.

Don't know what made me think of it, but when I was much younger, I used to sing it solo at the church services held by the NPS in Grand Teton National Park. I remember it being a tough song for a 12 year old.  LOL  My voice(among other things) is gone now.

• Upvote 1

I always loved that, now you've given it new meaning for me!  Thank you!