Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For making you all smiling.

Guest Janka

Janka......you have such a good and caring soul....thank you for your insights, and caring.....it is quite wonderful, that even as you deal with your own grief, that you reach out to comfort & support others, as so many of the wonderful people in this forum do, as well. I don't know how it could happen...but, if ever I am in "your neck of the woods"....I would very much like to meet you, and give you a big hug, child!!!!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, WolfsKat said:

Janka......you have such a good and caring soul....thank you for your insights, and caring.....it is quite wonderful, that even as you deal with your own grief, that you reach out to comfort & support others, as so many of the wonderful people in this forum do, as well. I don't know how it could happen...but, if ever I am in "your neck of the woods"....I would very much like to meet you, and give you a big hug, child!!!!

My dear Kat,

this is what I think of these last days to meet a family I´ve found in here and be sure that I don´t stop believing to make this dream come true one day,too.You´re such a great and nice person that it would be a honour to talk to you face to face by all means.The life is so hard now as for my grief and also for those problems at work I must face to,so I´m really sad this time and finding such a great consolation of being here.There are no words to say how much it helps me now that I feel the way I do.I have a need to be supported and loved as well and hope that we´ll stay in touch any further.Write me whenever you want to.I´m always here and listening to...

Thank you for making me happy!

With love Janka

Cat Hanging on Fan

I am in your neck of the woods is an idiom for  being in your immediate area, your neighborhood, your town.  If you were to travel to Pinetop, Arizona you would be "in my neck of the woods."  By the way two of my favorite composers are from your neck of the woods: Bedrich Smetana and Antonin Dvorák.  Any country that can inspire Ma Vlast must be a most beautiful place.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I am in your neck of the woods is an idiom for  being in your immediate area, your neighborhood, your town.  If you were to travel to Pinetop, Arizona you would be "in my neck of the woods."  By the way two of my favorite composers are from your neck of the woods: Bedrich Smetana and Antonin Dvorák.  Any country that can inspire Ma Vlast must be a most beautiful place.

:D Dear "daddy" Brad,thanks for an explanation! :D

You could be a teacher.I also have this talent as my dad and granny had.They´re not here anymore,but I´m thankful of having this gift as well.By the way,these two composers aren´t my favourite as I prefer Richard Wagner,Frederic Chopin,Franz Liszt,Camille Saint-Saens,Claude Debussy etc.I rather Richard Wagner that he can express the feelings flowing within as a river to do not dry out and refresh my soul now and again.He was even born in the same month of May as well as me and he was the same sign of Gemini as me too.His powerful music is so timeless for me by all means.It´s a long time that I met someone who loves the classical music also including the opera I´m fond of my whole life to talk about.

Thank you,Brad!You always put a smile on my face.

PS:Clair de Lune of Claude Debussy is nice too.

Hugs from Janka

clair-de-lune-piano.jpg

Janka - Of course Clair De Lune - as a matter of fact the whole of La Mer is so moving.  Additionally his Arabesque and Deux Arabesque are wonderful.  I've neglected my Wagner education except for Die Walküre.  I do need to listen to some of his operas.  Chopin and Liszt are inspirational but I am partial to piano concertos and symphonies.  I would need to throw Rachmaninoff and Tschaikowski in as well; Tschaikowski for his ballets and Pathetiqué and Rachmaninoff for his Piano Concertos 2 and 3 and 5th Symphony.

Kevin - Can't beat Simon and Garfunkel but I do think I prefer the original version.  That one was a little too dark and dreary for me although very apropos for the lyrics.

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

Janka - Of course Clair De Lune - as a matter of fact the whole of La Mer is so moving.  Additionally his Arabesque and Deux Arabesque are wonderful.  I've neglected my Wagner education except for Die Walküre.  I do need to listen to some of his operas.  Chopin and Liszt are inspirational but I am partial to piano concertos and symphonies.  I would need to throw Rachmaninoff and Tschaikowski in as well; Tschaikowski for his ballets and Pathetiqué and Rachmaninoff for his Piano Concertos 2 and 3 and 5th Symphony.

Dear Brad,

Ride of the Valkyries of Richard Wagner is one of those best of him. It became a part of my life.What I like really much is Prelude cis-moll of Sergei Rachmaninov I had been playing at the school. It´s very difficult to play but really amazing. And my favourite ballets are Swan lake of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Spartacus of Aram Khachaturian. Now we could start a new thread of the classical music. :)

It´s a pleasure to talk to you this way. :)

Hugs from Janka

c-item-1321--0159-srachmaninoff--prelude

9 hours ago, Janka said:

Kat,

I still don´t know all of those metaphors you all use to say.Can you explain what does mean "I am in your neck of the woods" ?

Thanks! :)

Janka

It means as Brad explained.....that if I were ever in your country, your town............Sorry, it's just a minor language barrier thing!  But...the idea still holds....would love to meet you if the opportunity arose! :D

Janka -

Yes Rachmaninov's Prelude cis-moll is a powerful piece.  I always feel like it captures the Russian soul.  I used to tell my students the story behind his (Rachmaninov) Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini where for the eighteenth variation he inverted the original score by Paganini which was in A minor to D flat major just to make his agent happy.  As a result it became the piece he was best known for, at least in the U.S.

I am not familiar with Aram Khachaturian.  I will have to stream some of him music.

At the university I used to study listening to Bach and Dvorak.  I love Dvorak New World Symphony.  I don't know if I would have made through my first two years without my music helping me focus.

I love Swan Lake but The Nutcracker is my all-time favorite ballet; probably because it's all about Christmas and I would take Deedo to it every year until we moved to Pinetop.  I regret I didn't keep up with the tradition.  Now I take my daughter and granddaughter.

• 2 weeks later...

Janka, it says there's malware detected.

Janka, how is your health? Is it getting better? Are you going to the doctor? Im going to quit my job, with or without being paid. Today I have been questioned if I understood what I read. I cannot let this go any further because I dont want to end up thinking they are right. I had a crying attack because I thought that Im damaged forever. But it is not true. A year ago I was in bed, now I can go out and be gone for 8hs. I wont let anyone to ruin the big effort I did to survive and not losing my mind. I was thinking of your ordeal at work and I hope you will get out of that place.