Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I just received six photographs by Celia Drake depicting our valley of the sun. We now are up to sixty pieces. Yay!

Copy of celia.jpg

Copy of celia drake.jpg

• Upvote 4

I am going to send "Shadow of Nature" the one I posted here in this thread.  Do I know where to send it?  Could you message me the details?  It feels right.  I'm going to delegate my partner to pack and send it for me :)  It has been part of the shop, part of me, part of me and Ron, and he brought it here.  It's hanging in a sink room. I'm ready to give it to the show, and to a new home somewhere.  And I am unable to paint right now.  I am told that my inability to be anywhere at home except my spot in my bed is OK -- that it is my cocoon and I'll emerge to the rest of the house when I am there someday when I'm ready.  Ha.  I literally have been so overwhelmed by work chaos and problems I haven't been even able to log in here.  Right now, I have just about every pan in the shop kitchen to clean, it's 8:30p and I've been here since 6, 140 something days in a row.  Have to go back to cleaning.  I wish I could be here more.  Sending out hugs to all.  Miss you :(

Patty

Edited by MartyT
Link inserted ♥
  • Upvote 4

Patty I don't have words for what you are offering. I know what this painting means to you and I know how much you must care about helping. I also know what it means to be tired and exhausted to the core. I hope you can find time to rest because you know how important that is. Taking care of yourself is the single most important task of grieving. I have a plan on how to not lose that painting and yet still have it help the show. I will message you about it.

Stephen

Portfolio Picture Framing

4340 N. 75th Street

Scottsdale, Az    85251                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Upvote 3

That painting is amazing, Patty!

I am so sorry you are in so much internal pain.  And it's good to have your cocoon to come to!

• Upvote 1

Steve,

Nobody will be losing it - it will be going where it is meant to be!  I just painted it long before I knew what it's full purpose and meaning was, and where it was supposed to find a home.  It was one of those paintings that came into my head that I had to paint - the only time that has really happened for me - and I went out and gathered my source materials to match the vision of it that I saw.  It has meaning and I'm thrilled to donate it, and my business partner already agreed to pack and ship for me! I had even planted the hibiscus plant from a baby years before because I just had to.  All the meaning is clear to me now.  Yay, this all makes me smile :)  I

Patty

• Upvote 4

Patty, dear Patty. Your response to Stephen has left me in tears. Words cannot express how moved I am by this entire project ~ not only by all the work that Stephen is putting into it, but also its effects on members like you who are finding so much meaning in it. Blessings to you ~ and from my heart to yours, thank you. Thank you. And thank you again . . .  

• Upvote 5

Thank you Marty for the four pieces you sent. They are now part of our growing stash of goodies. I spoke yesterday with one of our own local angels, one that you know quite well, and with excitement and joy, she is helping me too.:wub:   It seems that every few days someone comes along who wants to be part of this great adventure. 

I know one little girl in particular who is going to want the unicorn.

Copy of unicorn.jpg

• Upvote 2

The Last Unicorn looks lovely, Stephen! You certainly do know how to select the perfect frame!

Lest anyone think that I am the artist (I am not!) this is one of four prints that I love, but I no longer have the room to display them in my current home. I'm so pleased to know that this one has already found its forever home.

Stephen,  you are amazing . . . 

Marty many pieces donated for the show are not by the artists themselves. Everything helps.

• Upvote 3

Laura I'm not sure if I can do it this coming weekend but if you can bring them up to the airport I can pick them up at some point soon. I believe you are in Sedona right? It's only a thirty minute trip for me.

Soon our auction will appear on the Cattle Track website. cattletrack.org. 

Thank you Janie even though you won't take credit for anything.

janie.jpg

• Upvote 3

Theo I received your water color today and I thank you deeply.  Indeed your husband is still part of you. True love never ends.

Theo.jpg

• Upvote 4

On August 22, 2016 at 6:29 AM, KATPILOT said:

Laura I'm not sure if I can do it this coming weekend but if you can bring them up to the airport I can pick them up at some point soon. I believe you are in Sedona right? It's only a thirty minute trip for me.

Oh, the Sedona airport!!! I saw your pm about the airport and thought you meant the PHX airport... If you can come up here, that would be dandy, and I'd love to meet you. But not quite yet...I am perusing my collection for a few more things. I have some ceramics pinch cats (like a pinch pot, but it's a cat), and maybe something else. This is not the best week; I am back to work and am struggling to get stuff done without becoming overwhelmed. But that would be great if you could come up here!

Also, there is an extreme overabundance of paintings here at my house, and quite a few of them have no chance of ever seeing any wall space, but they are nice paintings. I could probably part with a few that I am not in love with. I did a whole series of musical instrument paintings, many of which are in a permanent display at the Flagstaff School of Music, I have a few, and others seem less critical at this point. I also a have a few paintings from my flower series before it turned into the flower/cat series, and some of those I am not in love with because when I look at them I just get re-engaged with the struggle and what didn't work out. They could quite possibly find a better home than stacked in a corner at my house forever. The only thing I would ask is if you could get me a decent photograph of them if I let loose of them before I can get my photographer to do it, so I have a record of the image. Is that possible?

Laura I can fly up labor Day weekend but after that I won't have the time since we will be hanging the show in mid September and I have a few more pieces to frame. I will message you about it.

Patty's painting arrived and now it's ready to go.

Thanks Patty. It is simply awesome and no photograph I can take would do it justice. Seeing it in person blew me away!

FOT172A.jpg

• Upvote 4