Grief Healing Discussion Groups

1 hour ago, enna said:

There are so many art pieces that if I'm a high bidder I'll need a truck to carry out my choices. I love the hibiscus, Laura. The browns in the framing are perfect. 

I'm glad you like it. I agree about the browns. I would have never done that since for me it's all color color color, but it looks great. It's interesting how people see things differently. Steve's framing is so elegant-it's really amazing. I learned how to cut a double mat and put it in a simple frame when I first learned to do watercolors. The teacher thought we ought to be able to mat and frame our work, and it has served me well, but I never got past that. All of my framing is the same. I have had solo shows of my work and framed all of it, but none of my paintings have ever been in anything as elegant as this! It's very cool to see what a pro can do...

• Upvote 3

On 9/6/2016 at 8:10 PM, enna said:

There are so many art pieces that if I'm a high bidder I'll need a truck to carry out my choices. I love the hibiscus, Laura. The browns in the framing are perfect. 

Don't worry Anne. I'll deliver them.:D

• Upvote 4

I got the gicle back today Patty and I will be stretching it tomorrow. It is the same size as the original and came out pretty darn good. We hang the show next Saturday and I will take a lot of pictures. Janie has the event on her website's calendar and Mark is sending out the evites one week before the show. His experience is that more people come when they have less time to forget about the shows.

P - Copy.png

• Upvote 3

I love this!

• Upvote 1

Marty the dimensions are 24 x 30 inches and the picture is from my cell phone for my camera tanked today so the colors are brighter than the picture shows. I think the printer did a great job but we shall see if the artist approves when she sees it.

• Upvote 1

Spell check hasn't even caught up with it yet. The guys at the Cattletrack art compound have so many diverse talents. Carl who does the printing is taking care of two children and a newborn as well. He did an amazing job. I am thinking of displaying them together and not framing the gicle. When people see it next to the original, they will be amazed.

• Upvote 1

The word gicle'e (pronounced jee-clay) is a French word meaning "fine spray". The Louvre Museum in France utilizes gicle'es when certain original paintings are too fragile for public display. Gicle'es are the highest quality reproductions attainable.

Thank you Kay. What is making them so popular in fine arts is due to the improvements in quality of digital photography and the quality of printers that can  reproduce them on canvass as well as paper.

My contribution to the auction.

YELLOW SUBMARINE.jpg

YELLOW SUB.jpg

• Upvote 4

Thanks. I crumble up aluminum foil to make the shape and then use plaster bandages to form the covering. The last time I made one of these was when the movie came out in 1968.. I used paper mache' back then. I did one of my airplane. What do think Laura? Did I get it right?

air art.png

• Upvote 5

When my daughter Catherine was 9, she had "Historic Halloween" at her Montessori school.  She wanted to be Jane Goodall.  So, going too far as usual, we made a life-sized chimp out of paper mache, lol.  I sent pictures to Jane Goodall.  She wrote back!  I have it somewhere....  Someday I'll find my way back to my art therapy...

chimp.jpg

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

Thanks. I crumble up aluminum foil to make the shape and then use plaster bandages to form the covering. The last time I made one of these was when the movie came out in 1968.. I used paper mache' back then. I did one of my airplane. What do think Laura? Did I get it right?

Yeah, Steve - it looks great! Those are really clever sculptures!

2 hours ago, Patty65 said:

When my daughter Catherine was 9, she had "Historic Halloween" at her Montessori school.  She wanted to be Jane Goodall.  So, going too far as usual, we made a life-sized chimp out of paper mache, lol.  I sent pictures to Jane Goodall.  She wrote back!  I have it somewhere....  Someday I'll find my way back to my art therapy...

That's really neat, Patty! Say, I hear you're coming to Scottsdale for the event in October. That's really great - I can't wait to meet you! I would be interested to hear what you have done with art therapy. I have had some involvement with it, but not too much.

19 hours ago, Patty65 said:

She wanted to be Jane Goodall.

Great aspirations!  Your daughter is so cute!  I love the paper mache monkey!

• Upvote 1

:) Yes, she is... This life is such an intense journey.  The right is at the service, when my friend was playing "Anticipation" the song that spontaneously played by itself on Day 3.  She is the love in my heart that keeps me going through this now.

cat.jpg

• Upvote 4

Just finished hanging the gallery and all 70 pieces fit in. Ceramic and other table art pieces will go out just bore the show as they have walk through traffic and the tables are not going out till then.

Not everything is shown but this is the majority of it.  I will try and take some more shots soon. The invitations go out next week.

DSCN0149.JPG

DSCN0150.JPG

DSCN0151.JPG

DSCN0153.JPG

DSCN0154.JPG

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0157.JPG

DSCN0158.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

DSCN0161.JPG

DSCN0162.JPG

• Upvote 2

Unbelievable!  It's neat to recognize a piece and remember who did it.  You did such a fabulous job, Steve, It's amazing.  You have spent countless hours and money putting this together.  I hope each and every piece sells!

• Upvote 2