Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mark just informed me that he sold a piece yesterday after I left. It was the large black and white photo of the cowboy by Jay Dussard for $500.00. It is in the picture hanging next to Patty's piece.  He also has a tentative buyer for two more pieces. There is a tour from the Phoenix Art Museum coming through next week. This could get very interesting.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how I missed your Yellow Submarine, Steve, I just saw it!  It reminds me...when my sister came back from France, where she'd been living in Paris, we were all sitting around the table one night and she started singing "Galla San Marie" ...we all laughed and laughed!  She'd misunderstood the words, which had been redone in French.  Now whenever I hear Yellow Submarine, I think of that...we've never let her forget it, of course!

Congratulations on the sale/s!

• Upvote 1

I was at a spot called "The Blind Pig" tonight and took this picture of the band that will be playing at our art auction. The two people on the left are Chance Phillips who has an entry in the show of her fiber art and Mark McDowell whose help hanging the show yesterday was so wonderful. The other three guys are the band "Trio Rio" who will be performing at the event. Ronnie who is the leader of the band  is second from the right and is the significant other with Chance. Tonight we celebrated the show and put in a plug for the event. These people are the dearest friends I could ever have and refuse to take payment for performing at our event. As  I have said before, I live an enchanted life.

Blind Pig.JPG

• Upvote 2

Oh man, music too?!  Now pictures really won't do it justice! :)  You know some very nice people, probably because you're one of them!

• Upvote 2

I am planning on doing some video Kay and will post it here if I can figure out how to do it. My son will help me with that though I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

Anne does videos too.  I can't hold the camera still enough and sometimes I feel I'm losing ground with technology!

• Upvote 2

I trust everyone who has submitted art for the show understands that if the pieces have not sold prior to the show for the "buy now" price, then high bid whatever it is is the price it is sold for at the end of the show next Saturday and we all will have done our best to help make this a success. Any pieces left without a bid will hang in my front showroom with information on purchasing the pieces and where the money will be going to. If anyone wishes their artwork back, I will of course ship it if unsold.

Thank you all for your help.

Steve

• Upvote 1

I can't view the price list for some reason.

Patty, it's deserving of it.  I hope it brings a very great price, it's worth it!  If I had the money... :)  It's very thought provoking!

Saturday, October 1st is the big day for the art auction fundraiser to help with the continuation of this very important forum directed and monitored by our very own Marty.

It is time to give a very big shout out to Steve (katpilot) who has been a tireless leader in this project. I know there will be five of us attending and we will be able to thank him personally for his dedication to this project. I also know that the work he has put into this has come from his heart. Many things have been done behind the scene to make this a successful day. Besides all the hours of framing (part of Steve’s donation), traveling to pick up art pieces for the fundraiser, making plans for those who are coming from a distance to attend, picking people up from the airport, finding accommodations for those coming from outside the Phoenix, Arizona area, hanging the artwork, working with those who are giving their time and talent to make this a success, and so many other things Steve has selflessly devoted his time to make this a wonderful day.

Thank you, Steve. Thank you from our hearts.

I know he will say that it is the collaboration of all who have donated their work that will make this a successful fundraiser. I agree. As I walk through the different areas I know that it will be very emotional for me as it will be for others. We will be looking on work that has been part of our healing. Losing a loved one leaves a deep scar for anyone of us. We are blessed to have a safe place to continue our healing.

Again, thank you, Steve. 

thank you.jpg

• Upvote 3

Thank you all. I just want to say that this is all part of my healing as well and it has been my privilege. This sanctuary is just too important not to do something and I thank Kathy for putting the idea in my head which started this whole thing going. . I have been contacted by so many people who have heard about this event and are planning on coming that it blows me away. What amazes me the most is how in this crazy time of anger, unrest, and apprehension how people come together and show what love we are capable of. This is who were are suppose to be:wub:

• Upvote 4