Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Had to check in and see this exhibit. It is incredible. Classy, well presented, great art....and all for a worthy cause. Congratulations on what you are doing to support these discussion groups. Wish I was in AZ and could stop by. I hope every piece cells and that many people come to support this. Marty has been an exceptional, compassionate, caring founder and moderator for many years and it does my heart good to see this continue and this project underway. Peace to all, Mary

• Upvote 2

Thinking of all who will be at the auction today and wishing I could be there.  I would have made the trip if I'd had someone to take care of Arlie (Kitty is easy, him not so much with cooking for him, walking him, etc.).  I hope you all have a wonderful day and it is productive and successful, I'm sure it will be!

Thank you esp. to Steve for all you have done, you're amazing!

• Upvote 1

I feel so dumb sometimes. We took back the artwork that people had bid on but had to leave before the end of our show to my shop for pick up later and I left my camera there so I will post some pictures tomorrow. Marty the event was a wonderful success and we sold a lot of work but the best part was meeting and sharing the time with members of our group. I thank you Anne, Karen, Patty, Maryann, Laura and Michael for coming and helping make it work. Kay your piece will be in Maui by tomorrow. Theo your piece went to me. All of Maryann's pieces sold as well as most of Anne's. Laura had great success and my submarine is gone. Someone outbid me on Kathy's quilt and Patty's painting is going to hang in my house. Marty I lost the unicorn to a lady who just fell in love with it and the rest of your pieces were taken.  Laura I so appreciate the computer on line donation help with those that paid by card and of course helping me make peace with Mr. Phone:wub: We are all worn out and are calling it a day.

And Brad it was especially nice to see you again my friend.

Peace to you all. We made a difference.

Steve

• Upvote 2

It was so much fun-there was something really magical about the whole thing. I loved meeting everyone and I'm glad I was able to be helpful. I had fun making the origami birds, too.

• Upvote 3

It sounds like a fun and profitable day!  And I wondered where Patty's piece would end up (my personal favorite)!   I hope you had a lot of people show up.  Thank your for all of the hard work!

• Upvote 1

What a wonderful day. The venue was relaxing. People staring and then bidding on different art pieces, children laughing and dancing to the music, quiet conversations by those who met for the first time, hugs all around, and Laura making origami birds.

Steve, thank you again for your tireless work on this project. You were a perfect host. Please give our thanks to the band and to Mark for manning the BBQ.

It was good to meet the people from our forum. It was as if we knew each other for a long time.

• Upvote 2

Laura,

Love my little bird and loved meeting you and everyone else. Sorry, I missed Brad, and couldn't find you Patty, to say goodbye. Will confess that my head was in a bit of a fog with this crappy flu. Please, please, no one get sick from being around me. I just wanted so badly to meet everyone.

Everyone that contributed did such a fantastic job. Steve, you just went so "over and above". It was a pleasure to meet you and our other forum members and your precious grandchildren.

Wishing for a safe return home for all those who traveled afar.

Karen

• Upvote 2

Steve-  Leave it to you to find a way to motivate me to end my self-imposed hiatus.  What a wonderful time Mikko and I had yesterday.  You amaze me.  It was also wonderful being able to put a few faces with names, I am only sorry I was not able to meet everyone but Maryanne and Patty it was a pleasure meeting both of you.

Again Steve kuddos for a delightful experience.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, KarenK said:

...Love my little bird and loved meeting you and everyone else. Sorry, I missed Brad, and couldn't find you Patty, to say goodbye...

I'm so glad you liked the little bird, Karen, and it was great to get to meet you. I missed Brad as well, and had no idea he was there. I ended up leaving in a rush - Maryann, I'm sorry I didn't see you to say goodbye when I left. Thank you for sharing your room with me - it was really nice.

It was an amazing event; the whole feeling of it was of love and support - of each other, of the art, and the whole project. Meeting people from the site who we didn't know and yet are friends from the site nonetheless, was something hard to describe. It was a small group of us that actually met, but a fraction of the whole gestalt - a reminder that this site is a genuine community of real people who genuinely care about each other, even though most of us may never have the opportunity to share physical space together.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

...Peace to you all. We made a difference.

Steve

Steve, you really did a tremendous job of bringing your vision to fruition. It was a marvelous way for us to get together and contribute to a common purpose. It was so good at so many levels. I really appreciate what you did for all of us.

• Upvote 1

Oh Brad, you made my day!  I missed you and never even got to say goodbye or tell you what your posts meant to me!  Don't be a stranger!

Laura, thanks for the new word, I had heard of that one and had to look it up. :)

Wish I could have met you all!

Here are some pictures and as soon as my daughter-in-law helps me with my video camera uploading I will have them up. Patty has promised to post some pictures as well as soon as she can find the time. In just a few hours she will be cooking away at Maui Pasta.

Picture shows Anne talking with Karen and I can't seem to find one of your face Anne. We will surely find one on someone's  camera. Laura is helping my grandchildren with their origami.

The second photo shows Maryann, my grief counselor Joyce, Marty's husband Michael, and my dear friend Vicki.

The third picture is Laura taking money in on the donation link of our web site.  

The fourth shows Brad and his daughter talking to my sister in the background with my sister-in-law Barbara helping my granddaughter Mayu with Patty in the foreground.

The fifth of course is the band with Ronnie in the center, Greg on the left and Don on the right.

And the last photo was of my new dear friends Patty and Maryann as I bid them goodbye at the airport this morning.

Anne and Karen.JPG

Maryann Joyce Michael and Vicki.JPG

Laura on laptop.JPG

Erinn talking with Brad and his daughterwith Patty.JPG

band.JPG

Patty and Maryann.JPG

• Upvote 3

Maryann! I wonder if this might not be Mark's pen. I found it under one of the seats in the back of my car. I hope this makes your day and I will send it to you. Just message me your address if it is and I will send it on it's way.

Mark's pen.JPG

Thank you so much, Steve, for this amazing, and very powerful and meaningful gathering... I have two pics to add... :)  I'd put lots of those hearts everyone posts, but I don't know how to do that!  I got a little overwhelmed missing my honey about halfway through,and I'm so sorry I did not spend more time with Karen and Ann! It was so special to see everyone!

I am very proud and honored to have brought back home artwork from Maryann, Ann, Steve's granddaughter, and Kay!  I will now have our beautiful group with me in my home which will provide me great comfort and support.

Out of a potential of  hundreds and hundreds of hotel room numbers between 1,000 and 8,500, my room number was  "1119"  -- our anniversary. When I saw that, I immediately smiled and knew that Ron was by my side and I was in the exact spot I was supposed to be in...  :wub:  And I think the second image below says it all...

Love, Patty

File Oct 02, 8 48 46 PM.jpeg

File Oct 02, 8 47 43 PM.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Patty,

Here is a coincidence for you. My Ron and I were also married on 11-19, although 1972 was probably a few years earlier than you two. The length of your relationship does not matter, only the quality of it. Yours speaks volumes.

Love,

Karen

• Upvote 1

Patty,

That gave me chills!  Our anniversary is 10/19, Sweetest Day...the year we married it was when you'd get an extra hour for the time change, everyone teased us about that.  They changed when it occurs after he died, so we always got an extra hour for our anniversaries too. :)

Steve,

Thank you for the pictures, it was great to see everyone!  Anne, I bet you stayed out of the pictures on purpose! :D

I just wanted to ad a photograph of my sister Erinn who worked so hard getting the drinks and ice set up as well as helping get things organized before the crowd arrived and helped clean up after it ended. She is the one who stuck by and supported me every step of my journey and helped me when I needed it most.:wub:

ERINN 2.JPG

• Upvote 2