Grief Healing Discussion Groups

This is the piece you bought Brad. "Sanctuary" by Sarah Treanor. Such a powerful statement from just one word. The photograph is actually a self portrait.

SANCTUARY.jpg

• Upvote 3

There are at least two of Anne's Gin and Laura has a few  and some other pieces as well. I can put some pictures up tomorrow so you can see. 

Actually I was able to take them with my phone so here you go Gin. Laura has two pinch cat ceramics, a hanging tile, and a Lena bowl left. I will post those when I get back to work tomorrow.auction pieces left.jpg

auction pieces left B.jpg

auction pieces left C.jpg

Thanks Brad. Yes my sister is the best friend I ever have had. She loved Kathy too and Kathy sure felt the same.  Sarah's work is powerful alright. When I first began reading her  blogs on Souring Spirits, I felt the anguish and sorrow she was going through. Then she met Mike who is now a blog writer too now- at a Camp Widow event and they slowly became close and now are engaged and she has relocated to Ohio where he and his young daughter live. I don't mean to ramble but her photography follows her journey and speaks to all of us. They put a picture to the emotions and feelings of grief.

I hung that image "Sanctuary" in my house because it had a meaning that I wanted my granddaughters to ponder and grow up remembering that picture in Grandpa's house. Maybe I will get two more just to keep for when I am gone. Then they won't have to fight over who gets it. I will never forget how they were all standing in front of it asking me what it was. I asked "What does it make you feel? Is it a place you can go when you are sad or scared or just need to be safe?"

• Upvote 2

So far we have taken in more that $7,000.00 and there will be more coming in. We made a difference and I want to thank everyone for their support, artwork, working the show and buying art as well. I have personally thanked the people from Cattletrack and will be hosting a dinner for them. Mark worked his buns off at the smoker wagon serving food for hours and it wasn't the coolest day outside. The Barb Q was pretty good wasn't it?

But it doesn't stop here. Those of us who can donate to this wonderful site need to continue doing so and new members please do what you can. I know in my early years I was so distraught that I didn't even see the donate now button at the top of the page when it first was put there.  Many of our members are having a tough time just trying to keep their homes, cars, paying medical bills, etc. and that is why there is no fee to join or participate. It's up to the rest of us who can.

Thank you. Thank you everyone.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Gin said:

Anything in the $300 range?  How about I send you $300 check and you surprise me.  Everything is great.

Where do I send it?   I really want to support the project.

Gin

Enjoy your surprise!

7 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

So far we have taken in more that $7,000.00 and there will be more coming in. We made a difference and I want to thank everyone for their support, artwork, working the show and buying art as well.

Steve, that is an absolutely amazing success for an amazing cause. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position financially to have made a purchase but I have made a couple of small PayPal donations to Marty over the last year. I've also tried my best to give those in despair some sense of comfort and hope for the future. And in a way, I believe that's another kind of positive contribution. Thank you to all those involved in this wonderful project.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I wondered why she was so quiet...maybe she's busy catching up on stuff since she's been back.  What'd you think, Maryann?

• MartyT unpinned this topic