Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I have met with a medium several times here I the Phoenix area over the last four years.  I can tell you that I was a doubter before I met a couple who had lost their son.  They had met with a medium and what I  heard from them left me curious. Since so many events kept happening in my home after I lost my wife, I was compelled to seek her out. I can only say that I have no doubts now. I heard things coming from the medium that no one but my wife and I knew.  It was the kind of event that had the hair sticking up on the back of my neck.  If one is looking for a transmitter to speak with the departed, they might be disappointed. You take it for what it's worth.

• Upvote 1

Marty, Thank you.  What a beautiful message.

I especially appreciated the metaphor about Tahiti.  :)

I hope everyone has the time to watch this excellent presentation.

Thank you.

feralfae

I shared a very special experience here in the forum about a trip I took to Eugene, OR as a guest of Theresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium.  It was just over 3 months ago (geez how quickly time goes already).  I am still trying to get together with my husband's siblings so they can hear the messages I was given that very special day.  It was at the 6 month mark that my husband had died.  It was very comforting, and showed me just how much he loved me to help arrange such an experience.

Edited by MartyT
Link inserted

I think of you every time I pass through that part of town.

(((hugs)))

thank you everyone for your thoughts on using Mediums. when i first thought about seeing one, i was hesitant to admit it...because lets face it...not everyone believes in an after life. 

the more i think about it, the more i want to see one.... to see if Michael is with me. 

Now, I just need to research and find a real one, and not a scam artist

Her experience was similar to my first one, I was aware of what was going on while they were working on my body, I saw my kids (who were there), I felt up above, there was also a "tunnel" of light, it seems someone was present there but I don't know who, but what differed for me was in both of my experiences, I had a choice.  I could go or I could stay.  Both times I felt I was needed here, so I chose to stay.  Even in the dream I had several years ago, I had a choice, and again, I chose to stay, I felt I was needed here.

I posted my response in 

Behaviors in Bereavement  to Just confused...

KayC your experience is amazing and gave me chills for all the right reasons. I thought a lot about you being given a choice (my husband was only 49 and I know would have chosen to stay if he could) but I guess it was his time to leave. That is the only explanation I can find. 

Marty the video you posted gave me such hope I watched it twice!

Maryann I am so happy you got messages from Theresa Caputo, I have always marveled at her gift.

Katpilot your experience is exactly what we all hope for if we visit a medium and I am so happy for you. We all want to be told such detail that only we could know leaving us no room for doubt.

Like you Harleyquinn, I am looking round for someone reputable. It isn't easy in my case as I live in a non-English speaking country but there are a lot of expat people here so I live in hope. I have had no signs that I an, aware of from my husband and this is distressing me greatly. I feel I have to do something.

Thank you Marty for the video. I felt peace after watching it.

For a long time I tried to understand if my boyfriend was given a choice to stay or to go. I think he didn't want to leave but he made a "pact". We were in hospital by his side saying goodbye, but his brother was still travelling. His heart stopped beating once his brother was there too.

When my husband was having his heart attack, I told him to hang in there and he shook his head "no", I repeated it, again he shook his head "no".  I think the pain was just too great and it probably wasn't much after that when he made his passage and what is beyond made it's allure to him.  I was forced out of the ward right after his second "no", and I never got to reassure him it was okay, I'll always regret being denied that opportunity, because I could see at that point he was going and I wanted his passage to be as easy on him as possible...he didn't need to be worrying about me.

I think sometimes we get a choice and sometimes we don't.  Perhaps it was just his time.

Dear Kayc, in the same way you knew you had to come back, I think your husband knew it was his time. You should never have been pushed out of the ward though, how unfeeling of the medical staff. When my husband was on life support the first night I wanted to stay all night as I was scared he was alone and that he would be frightened. I can see it was impractical as I had my son with me but even now I wish I had sat with him through the night. It eats me up.  He would have sat with me. Obviously we were back as soon as we could be the next morning but it isn't enough. I too said whispered to him to fight hard to stay. He was of course, unconscious though. 

When he could still speak I told him I was going to call an ambulance and he said 'not yet, not yet' he was going to try and fight and I think he thought that once the ambulance came it would be the end. 

Scba it sounds as though your boyfriend knew it was his time but was able to hang on for his brother which is wonderful really. We have so many questions don't we? So many mysteries we can't solve. One thing I know, is that all our husbands and wives and partners here were loved so much that if they had had a choice we know what it would have been. We need to take comfort in that.

It was horrible of them to push me out and lock the door!  George and I were inseparable, we did everything together, we were always there for each other, and I'd always hoped we'd be together when one of us passed.  I think they wanted to spare me seeing them work on him, or perhaps were worried I'd be in the way, but I would have paid attention to his head while they worked and stayed out of their way, they wouldn't have even known he was having a heart attack if I hadn't ran and got them!  Sometimes I've wondered if maybe I shouldn't have got them, he'd have been spared the paddle and we could have been together while he quietly passed.  But of course I couldn't do that, I would have always wondered if they might have been able to save him.  Sigh.  I guess there's no easy answers.

KayC,If you were in control, there is no reason for them to shut you out in the final minutes. I know it was the most gut wrenching 20 minutes of my life . Now that whole time is as "surreal"  as it gets....... I stayed with my Angela as long as it took, paper work, witness accounts,and then to transport her to the Funeral Home.......have no regrets but lots of questions. We are all so fragile..... 

My Dear Kayc, please don't think about the alternative of NOT getting help. You could never have done that. it is the natural human instinct to do all we can and you did the right thing. You did all you could. Imagine having the thought 'what if' hanging over you now? It would be unbearable. Sometimes medical professionals are so focused on their job they don't think about the very human element of what they are dealing with. I have no doubt they hoped they could revive George and you would have time later. Having said all that Kayc they should not have locked the door or pushed you out.

Kevin you are so right when you use the words 'gut wrenching' and 'surreal' I felt like my own body had shut down and I realise now that although I was able to call an ambulance and speak and comfort him I realise now I went into shock.It is traumatic to be having a perfectly ordinary day and chatting normally and then lose someone so young right in front of you.

I know I couldn't do any differently than I did, it's just that afterwards you question everything about it.  And I do so wish we could have been together when he passed.  It's not how either of us ever figured things would go.  It's been ten years and that one thing still bugs me.  I have no kinds words for the nurse that threw me out.  I was not out of control or causing them any problems, if it weren't for me they wouldn't have known he was having a heart attack as they weren't watching him, I was.

I am making an appointment for a reading with a medium. I am very excited about it, but her waiting list for a phone reading is 4-6 months, so it won't be until late Feb. (her in person wait list can be up to two years) 

I am not going in with my hopes too high because I know she may not see or hear anything. but if she is real and if my Michael is around- he will send a message

Edited by Harleyquinn

I will absolutely let you guys know how it goes. I looked at a lot of mediums- i went with her bc her reviews state she doesn't ask for any information  (except are you trying to reach someone who passed)

Which, agrees with what her website says:

"My intention as an evidential medium is to work with those in the spirit world, asking for as much validation as possible so that it will leave no doubt in your mind that your loved one, or loved ones, have communicated with you from the spirit world.

1) When you contact me for a reading, I may ask you if you are looking to connect with someone who has passed. Because I work as a psychic and a medium, I want to be able to know how I can best serve you. In order to preserve the integrity of your reading, please just answer yes or no, and do not volunteer any other information regarding loved ones passed. It’s better that they provide you with that validation during the reading....."

So far that has all been the experience others have had but we will see. No one through the appointment process yet has asked for anything but my name and phone number.

Michael had a huge personality. Very very very outgoing - talked to everyone and loved to laugh. In fact- when i first moved to be with him i was shocked that every where we went, somebody knew him and would come talk to him. If he can come through I have no doubt he will and it should be pretty easy for me to tell if it's him...or if she is making things up....

Edited by Harleyquinn