Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Support Funding

Fellow members,

It's time to bring this topic back to our attention now that our art auction fundraiser is behind us and we must remember that while it helped a great deal, we cannot stop working to keep Marty and this important haven going. When I first found this site it was funded by Hospice Of The Valley (HOV) here in Phoenix, Arizona. Soon after I arrived and in the throws of a very dark place in my life budget cuts forced HOV to stop funding Marty. I was too deep in my own anguish to even notice the donate button at the top of the page. It wasn't that I couldn't help. It was that I could see little beyond my own grief. As has been spoken before many members of our community of over eight thousand have a very hard time making ends meet and that is not only a horrific place to be but can add unwanted guilt to their grief because they cannot help. That is the beauty of this place. We don't care who can afford to help. There is and never shall be a fee to participate in healing. As a matter of fact the longer you are here, the more you can help others with your words, wisdom, and experience and you can't put a price tag on that. Guilt has no place here. Only love is welcome. What is important is that those of us who can help, must help. Those of you who already do so know how grateful Marty is. This thread is to remind those who haven't helped but can afford to do so to step up and those that are new to understand the need in case their grief had them pass it by unnoticed as I had.

Please keep it mind and do what you can.

Thank you Patty for giving us a banner to connect the love with the support through this photo from the grounds of our art auction.:wub:

LOVE.jpg

• Like 1

• MartyT pinned this topic