Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

I hope she pulls through soon, Butch

• Upvote 2

I cannot even begin to imagine the stress on your loving D-I-L's mind.  She has fought to keep the beautiful angel you all have now, she has probably had horrible stress from all her hospital visits.  I have been on a psych unit myself with Billy begging me to come home, my kids were much older.  I came home, I had to.  But the stress your DIL has, I cannot even imagine.  My little grandma, after having a stillborn baby, had a nervous breakdown.  She was in the hospital with six children all under the age of 10 having to be taken care of by family.  A woman's hormones go awry when she is pregnant.  Many women have postpartum depression, and I would think the stress from your granddaughter's hospitalizations and now losing another baby, it was just too much for her to take.  My heart is with you all and my prayers also.  You have beautiful grandchildren, and with time, your DIL's hormone imbalance will straighten out.  We women can be complex people and pregnancy sometimes takes a strong woman and all the stress she has been under, she just has not had time for her hormones to balance out with her stress.  Your son also has undergone a lot of stress.  Your whole family has had more than your share of stress.  My prayers are with you all.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE PRAY!

Butch's grandson, Noah, had a bicycle accident and hit his head on a rock wall.  He went through surgery to stop the bleeding and deal with the blood clots.  He has not woken up yet, please pray as the more time goes by, the less likelihood...can't even go there.  Katie feels responsible as she was busy with Gracie and her teething and didn't see he wasn't wearing his helmet.  This was not needed!  Lord how much can this family take!  Please, dear grief family, surround them all in your prayers...

And here a picture so you can know who you're praying for...Noah, 11.

Noah.jpg

• Upvote 4

Update:

There's more swelling and bleeding going on in his brain so he's going back to a second surgery.  The Drs were very honest and said he's suffered a pretty bad traumatic brain injury and only time will tell how he reacts and how much damage there will be.

• Upvote 2

Update:  Noah has had a third surgery, he woke up and his mom was able to cuddle with him for a while.  He has some brain damage, speech, memory, right side...will know more later.  Please continue prayers for Noah.

Butch has Gracie and Caleb.

• Upvote 3

Thank you all from all of our hearts here.  Your prayers mean everything.  Noah is still in serious condition.  I'm with Gracie and Caleb.  Caleb can't see his big brother as he's not allowed in ICU.  He's having a tough time without Noah.  

Heres a happy pic of Gracie. 

IMG_1916.PNG

• Upvote 3

Oh Butch, this picture is just beautiful!  I think how far she has come since those early days when she worried us so much, it's amazing! :)
You continue to have our prayers for Noah...and for all of you.  I appreciate your updates, as we continue to wonder how things are going.  I can't even imagine what Allen and Katie are feeling, and Caleb too.  Big hugs to all of you!
Kay

• Upvote 1

How is Katie doing?  From a mother's viewpoint, I hope she is holding up.  I know you said she was blaming herself for not having Noah wear his helmet.  That is what Mama's do.  We blame ourselves for everything. This little Mama and Daddy have had so much to bear.  Butch, I am so glad you are there to help out.  They need your strength and you need your strength too.  We do not know how strong we really can be until others depend on us.  And your pictures of Gracie bring smiles on a cold, wintry day here in the south.  Prayers still with you.  

• Upvote 3