Grief Healing Discussion Groups

An overflowing Latte

In less than an hour we will be giving our little Latte a peaceful farewell from our home and helping her to transition to heaven. She will forever remain in our hearts and be a new angel in heaven watching over us.  I'm so grateful to know of this website and look forward to making caring connections with other heart centered people.  

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

Karen, I'm so sorry, I know how hard that is...been there.  Do you have a picture you care to share of her?

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your kindness and understanding. I'm taking it moment by moment.  I do fairly well and then I see something or think about something that triggers a tender place in my heart for the love I shared and received from Latte.   I've never experienced this significant amount of grieve in my entire life. Maybe it's because I'm realizing my mortality or the fact I nearly lost my mom to cancer this past year and my husband is currently fighting cancer. I'm not sure. One thing I do realize is how powerful love is and how precious time and what we do and who we spend our time with really matters. I'm so grateful I found this community

She is precious! The grief we feel is directly related to the strength of the bond we have with the one we have lost, Karen, and I'm sure your darling Latte was an intimate part of your daily life. Those of us who love our animal companions as much as we would a cherished family member know first-hand the level of grief you're experiencing now. I hope you'll take some time to read through some of the threads in this forum. You'll soon discover that you are not alone. If you want to do some additional reading about pet loss, you'll find a list of useful articles here: Pet Loss 

I'm sure you'll always treasure that picture, it is very precious.

• Upvote 1