Sign in to follow this  
lattiee

Bummer and Very Surprising

Well, with Mr. Blackie getting older that he's an almost 12 yr old cat will be 12 in April  and that we will have had him for 11 yrs in April. So afte Fuzzy passed away I was questioning what type of furry friend I should get a lot of people suggested  another cat .

I had concerns since Mr. Blackie has been the only cat here for 11 years  and I knew a couple years ago he was really great with a really young kitten that was dumped in the box that needed more care than I could give to her for proper rescue care !

So I said I wanted to try to get an older cat  that was being rehomed so we sad Yes to a 2 yr old female cat who was a very short hair cat . Very friendly and loved to be petted so we were so excited  to welcome her into our life calling her Precious . Then after my son did a head rub along her face which he does with Mr. Blackie. After he rubbed her face  he went into a near asthma attack  needing 3 puffs of his inhaler and a allergy pill.  

It was so surprising and we didn't even expect that at all after all we have had Mr Blackie for almost 11 years and he has no issues with him  He even rubs his face on Mr. Blackie fur and face and no issues. Then he thought to do that as the same with the new cat and he ends up  with  severe allergic reaction to a Bombaby Breed while Mr. Blackie is a Maine Coon .  So of course we returned her back to her previous owners !  

Which I felt so bad for her as it wasn't that we didn't like her as we adored  her as she was such a sweet cat . I could tell that the previous owners were a bit annoyed  and I don't think they liked the place she was hiding out in as she went in my son's room which he never sleeps in and she liked to hide in the closet or under the other mattress  as a little hideout . Sometimes she would get up  and lay on top of that mattress  . or sleep on top of the headboard of the bed or in the window to look out but she would only come out part way then run back in to that room.  

I   also had to research on  why my son reacted that way and it stated that  some cats produce a lot of dander and  shorter hair cats    have dander more airborne while longer hair cats  have the dander sticking more to their skin and it doesn't get released as much  as  a short hair one does . As both Brendan and  I were hoping to give that little girl a new furrever home but was so bummed  it didn't work out !  

So then after that rehoming incident and having to return that sweet cat back !     We seen  furry piggies above 1  getting asked to be rehomed ! So  then I'm like ugh after I heard that these amost  2 year old piggies came from  a pet store which most of their piggies that come from that store that last only like 2 1/2 to 3 yrs  of age  and  I'm like talking it over with Brendan and he's like I don't want one that would too close to 3 as he wants a long time with one  as we don't want to end up getting one then all of a sudden end up having him or her die within a  year after we got them even tho that could happen with any piggy  

It's so conflicting tho !    Decisions and Decisons ! 

I understand how disappointing that was for all concerned, but I hope you find the pet that is a good fit for your home.