Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I am just so tired of this new way of living this empty life.

Widowedbysuicide

I don't like to complain.  I like to be able to work out my own prolems.  I have been trying too hard.  I can not fix the problems of before at the same time I'm trying to fix my current problems.  I need a mental vacation.  I think I will pay for it later, but tonight I need to be someone other than the current me.  I'm drinking wine and getting less intense and less stressed.

I'm just really do dissatisfied with life...

• Upvote 2

Dear Marita,

When you come here you are not complaining ~ you are sharing your pain with those of us who do understand. Grief has no agenda and we are here to listen. If you need a "mental vacation" ~ take it. Sometimes we do need to just leave everything and spend some time with ourselves. There is nothing wrong with a glass of wine. My favorite is a good cabernet. My Jim and I used to sit on our patio in the evening and watch the stars. I miss that. I still enjoy my cabernet. This grief takes a toll on us. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I don't recognize who is looking back at me. I am learning how to listen for that is one thing I can do because I sure as heck don't know how someone else is feeling. This is a good place to be because those who come here sure do know how it is. 

Anne 

• Upvote 1

It's good to take a break from grief.  It IS exhausting!

Of course you're dissatisfied with life, you've just lost yours!  It is hard work rebuilding something you can live with.

• 1 month later...

Today is .... February 22, 2017

I feel better today than I did at the time I last posted.  We had sunshine and I asserted myself in a good way.

The ups and downs are still crazy.  Sunny days help.  3 feet of snow in two days doesn't help.  This picture was taken before it stopped snowing.  I was so tired of clearing my driveway that I quit taking pictures.

Photo editing_Cloud20170209.jpg

• Upvote 1

I bet you were tired!  I have to shovel a 40' ramp, another 20' path to the driveway, the driveway (which is long), and path to the firewood, it's a lot.