Grief Healing Discussion Groups

You're invited to contribute! Grief Diaries: The Angry Widow

Breaking News! Like our own Stephen (KATPILOT) in the recently published Through The Eyes of Men, our own Maryann (Froggie4635) will be listed as a Contributing Author in this forthcoming book, and she shares this invitation from Lynda Cheldelin Fell, creator of the 5-star series, Grief Diaries:

The Angry Widow is a collection of stories exploring the common yet unexpected and invisible challenges women face after losing a spouse. Topics to be covered include the loss of married friends, sleeping alone, struggling with home maintenance, facing the dating game, and more. If you know the journey firsthand, join us and share your thoughtful insight in The Angry Widow.

TO REGISTER:  It's easy to join the project and share your story! You have two options: contributor or co-author (limited to two co-authors per title). Simply read information below including contract and indemnity agreement, which gives us anthology copyright permission to publish your answers (you retain ownership of your story). Then follow these simple instructions:

Contributor: Select Contributor ($0). Select Add to Cart. Select CheckoutComplete Billing Information, then select Continue. Select Place Order

Co-Author: Select Co-Author (+$450). Select Add to Cart. Select Checkout. Complete Billing Information, then select Continue. Select Place Order.  Sold Out

Within a few minutes, you will receive an email receipt. Within 72 hours, you will receive a welcome email containing further project instructions. 

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

What is an anthology?  An anthology is a collection of responses from a variety of people about the same subject collected into one book. To date, over 450 people have submitted their story to the Grief Diaries series.

Who can participate?  Anyone who has firsthand experience as a widow.

How does it work?  This is a guided project. Beginning September 26, you'll receive three questions per week for six weeks. 

What kind of questions will I have to answer?  The focus of the questions will be about your journey. If a question doesn't apply, pass over it.  You can always come back to it later.

Can I use a pen name?  Yes, but please register in your real name first.

Does it cost anything?  Participation is free for contributors. Co-authors pay $450 (per title) and, in return, receive a share of royalties. 

What are the benefits of co-authoring? Becoming a published author, royalties for life, credibility to your career, and more. Please note that each title is limited to two co-authors.

Why don't contributors receive compensation?  We don't charge writers to submit their story, nor do we pay for stories. To thank you for contributing, you become part of our Community Give Back program that gives you wholesale rights to any Grief Diaries anthology title. You keep all the profits you earn from re-selling the title, and AlyBlue Media books get into the hands of those who need it. 

May I participate in more than one book?  Yes. Simply select KEEP SHOPPING and register for the next book you wish to participate in. There is no limit as long as you have personal experience with each subject.

May I participate on behalf of someone else?  No. All submissions must be first-person accounts.

I would like to participate as a co-author, but can't afford it right now. May I make payments? No, but you can apply as a contributor and upgrade your status to co-author any time if that option is still available.

Where will the books be available?  It will be published both in print and digital formats, and available to all booksellers around the world. 

Who is the principal author? Lynda Cheldelin Fell, the creator of Grief Diaries. To learn more about Lynda, visit www.lyndafell.com.

Who is the publisher?  AlyBlue Media.  For more information, visit www.AlyBlueMedia.com.

CO-AUTHOR CONTRACT:  
By completing and submitting this application, I hereby apply to be a co-author in this Grief Diaries book.  I, and the company I hereby represent (if any), understand that upon acceptance by the publisher, AlyBlue Media, I agree to adhere to the contract and Indemnity Agreement printed below.  Furthermore, I hereby release my submissions to AlyBlue Media, and grant full anthology rights to the Grief Diaries book series. I also understand and grant full editing rights to AlyBlue Media to ensure a quality publication.

CONTRIBUTOR CONTRACT:  
By completing and submitting this application, I hereby apply to be an unpaid contributor in this Grief Diaries book.  I, and the company I hereby represent (if any), understand that upon acceptance by the publisher, AlyBlue Media, I agree to adhere to the contract and Indemnity Agreement printed below. Furthermore, I hereby release my submissions to AlyBlue Media and grant full anthology rights to the Grief Diaries book series. I also understand and grant full editing rights to AlyBlue Media to ensure a quality publication.

INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:  
By completing and submitting this application and agreement, and if my application is accepted, I agree to participate in the Grief Diaries series as outlined above.  As such, I hereby agree to release my submissions to AlyBlue Media with full anthology rights.  I also agree to at all times hereafter indemnify and hold harmless AlyBlue Media and its agents, employees, directors and officers, against any and all suits, actions, proceedings, claims, liabilities, and demands which may be made or alleged as a direct or indirect consequence of my contributions, errors or omissions, of any kind whatsoever, resulting from or caused by the exercise by my contributions of any of its rights under this agreement.  This indemnity provision shall include all liabilities and losses including, but not limited to, claims asserted or made against the author or publisher directly or indirectly resulting from the sole or concurrent negligence of the author or publisher and/or damages of any kind whatsoever, including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and court fees and court costs incurred by AlyBlue Media.  If a court of competent jurisdiction rules invalid and/or unenforceable any of the provisions or interpretations of this indemnity clause, each of such provisions or interpretations ruled invalid or unenforceable shall be disregarded, but the remainder of this indemnity provision shall be given full force and effect.

The last time I tried to respond to something like this they wouldn't accept it because it'd been too long, they wanted fresher grief.  Interesting, because to me it doesn't seem like it changes a whole lot from three years to twelve except maybe figuring out how to do our lives or find purpose, but the grief part is the same.  We still have to live without them, still miss them, they're still on our minds continually.

That is an excellent point, Kay, and you might consider sharing your thoughts about this with the creator of this Grief Diaries series. If you go to the website, you'll see that Lynda has produced a number of anthologies centered around various aspects of grief and loss. Maybe she'd be interested in doing one on long-term grief ~ grief that lasts a lifetime. Might be worth your while to write to her and pitch your idea to her! Lynda Cheldelin Fell

• Upvote 1

Kay,

From what I have seen going over the initial manuscript, there are people contributing who are not recent widows.  I think your knowledge would be very valuable. The responses can be as long or as brief as you like.  

• Upvote 1

Cannot afford.  Sounds interesting, but I have to put money back so my penniless family won't donate my body.  I used to work at a medical school.  And, I am a ticking time bomb, but i guess we all are to a point.  Billy ticked for probably many years without us hearing the tick.  

As I understand it, Marg, there is no charge for you to be a contributing author in this project, if you are interested:

8 hours ago, MartyT said:

Does it cost anything?  Participation is free for contributors. Co-authors pay $450 (per title) and, in return, receive a share of royalties. 

As Marty said, there is no charge to participate or contribute; only if you wish to be listed as an author.  As a participant, and answering the questions, you get to have a dedication to your loved one, and a bio in the back.  I look at it as a way to get our loved ones story out there, and also to help other widows who find themselves where we were in the beginning.  I found that reading books that had personal experience were more helpful; to know that there IS someone out there who understands and has been through what I have.  

• Upvote 1