Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shock and Awe after two years...

Christmas will be 4569, but it took a calculator...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

I gotta ask....why would anyone want to add this torture of counting days on to is horrible journey?  I feel it so acutely just waking up, I don't want to know the present number.

Because It helps me to cope with it. 

You do what works for you in  your grief healing journey.  - Shalom

14 hours ago, kayc said:

Christmas will be 4569, but it took a calculator...

Here is the calculator I use:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=1&d1=1&y1=2015&m2=11&d2=18&y2=2017

Shalom

• Like 1

Aww, 4536 days today then.  

Time is too long to count.  Results the same.  He is gone.  He is not coming back.  Would like to know when I will see him again.  Sometimes even after two years, I think I hear him in the other room.  He used to get so angry if I thought we should stop and ask directions.  He would say "I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am."  I said, Billy, that is the same thing, different words.  So, he is not gone, he is just not here right now.  But I will join him.

6 hours ago, Brad said:

845 days for me.  That's 845 days of not being able to accept that this is my life now.  I work hard at coping but it still seems so very surreal; so unreal.  

Hugs for you,my dear...

5a11fa8917112_Hug5.gif.7d20679165f08d389e50b377dc2e99e1.gif

With love Janka

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, Marg M said:

Time is too long to count.  Results the same.  He is gone.  He is not coming back.  Would like to know when I will see him again.  Sometimes even after two years, I think I hear him in the other room.  He used to get so angry if I thought we should stop and ask directions.  He would say "I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am."  I said, Billy, that is the same thing, different words.  So, he is not gone, he is just not here right now.  But I will join him.

Marg:  I love that idea....just not here right now.  Think I will start trying to look at it that way.  You have such a great way of characterizing things...wish you were my next-door neighbor....love Cookie

• Like 1

You can all come over.  We can throw mattresses (I buy those 4 inch ones to spread around), and we can scatter my 15-17 boxes all around and I have lots of comforters.  That is something I have to have, lots of them.  My daughter likes those cotton hospital blankets, some people do, but I like big puffy comforters and pillows.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It is such a blessing to have found this place and be able to share, care, and grow through this grief healing place.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Shalom

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving to you also George, and to all of us who have lost family, but still we carry on.  My sister, who considers herself a chef, and she learned a lot living in New Orleans so many years.  She called and asked if I could eat pork sausage.  I knew she was going to make dressing using it.  No one in the rest of the family eats pork sausage.  Ham and bacon are the only pork they eat.  Brianna and I saw a movie and we now lay off hamburgers. (used to be my favorite food).  We, most of us, hate turkey, but love chicken.  Wish we still had the reunions that we had when I was a child.  All the aunts, uncles, cousins and neighbors and other relatives with the sisters all in the kitchen fussing, always fussing over who cooked the best.  Would like to be that innocent child again...........but, we have our memories, and I admit they are a poor substitute.  Have as happy a day as you can.  I know, "happy" is not in our vocabulary.  We do our best.   

• Upvote 1