Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ooooh the envy

I bought just two books about grief, from Marasco and Shuff, and C. Faure. I used to read lots of articles in the early days to "understand" what was going on with me and what to expect. Now I just read Megan Devine's regularly and others ocasionally. I've reached a place where I already know what I am dealing with and what to "expect". 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, scba said:

.... I've reached a place where I already know what I am dealing with and what to "expect". 

I'm at 26 months and I'm still not sure what to expect.  This level of grief is more internalized, difficult to talk about, or even express.  I don't know what to label it... heart melancholy...  loneliness...  indifference....   It's a place I have not read about before... difficult to comprehend.  - Shalom

• Upvote 3

Yes, George I agree with what you say. I could rephrase and write: what to expect in terms of being sort of familiar with the feelings involved. But I have no clue about grief evolution. I am closer to year 3rd and I don't know what will happen, if anything will happen, with grief. There is lot about year1 and year 2....little about year 3. I fear "new challenges and new discoveries" coming from this journey.

• Upvote 3

Cookie I am very sorry to read about your lovely Ranger.  I know too well how difficult it is to deal with more loss on top of the loss of a deeply loved husband.  Within days of my husband's death our family cat died.  I was stunned at first but then it really slapped me in the face.  In the past 15 months we have lost two more cats, one horse who I had to have euthanized, and another horse who passed in his sleep.  Each of those deaths on their own have been bad enough but with so many in such a short time frame grief seems to be exponentially devastating.

I'm sorry that I cannot soften what will be a very sad time for you.  I can tell you that I regret not taking more pictures of my fur family when they were here.  The few pictures and wonderful memories of each of them is all that I have of them, as with my human family, that is not enough.  

My personal thought is that my family, (finned, feathered, furred and human) is together in some place that is so great that they are happy to stay there.  When my time comes they will welcome me and that is the life I'm so looking forward to.  While I am here I want to live the best I can in their honour, using the infinite number of things they taught me, and giving my gift of love to many more animals.

Thinking of you Gord.  Hug Katie, Sir Galahad, barn kitty, Dakota, and Vex for me.  And tell all the others that left before you that I want them hugged too.

• Upvote 4

WBS, your beautiful note just shows me we have the best of the best on this forum.  So much sorrow, so much pain that it is palpable, but everyone keeps on going.  I have met many inspirations on here.

• Upvote 3

Marita,

I also lost animals shortly after George's death.  Two months after he died, his cat, Tigger, took one long last look at me and left.  I never saw him again.  I guess he'd been waiting for George to come back and when he didn't, he decided to set out on his own.  A year after his death, my cat King George (I had him before I met George) died.  A cat, Chappy, that I got a few months after George died was eaten by a cougar a year later.  A couple years later our dog, Lucky, died.  And last June I lost Miss Mocha, also to a predator.  Each and every one is so hard and now I have a cat that is 21 and a dog that is entering his old age.  I feel like I can't take much more loss.  Today I have to attend another funeral.  How many is that since Thanksgiving, six?  I've lost count.

• Upvote 2