Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Most times Gwen, I want to growl and scowl and maybe bite too.   

I better add an addendum onto this.  Mama used to tell me if I was off the school grounds the truant officer would get me.  Now, if I am mean and growl or bite my kids will have me put away.  Maybe I will try to smile.  Damn that is a hard decision.  I'd rather bite.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Maynard and Adele.  I wish there was no need for places like this.  I lost my husband after having been friends nearly 50 years and married for 36.  Everyday brings loneliness and pain but I'm getting better at managing it.

This is the best place to be during the worst time in your life.  People here do understand and do care.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Marg M said:

Most times Gwen, I want to growl and scowl and maybe bite too.

That reminds me, when my daughter was young and she'd try to muster a "mad face" (and want to be taken seriously about it), her face would scowl but she'd still have these deep dimples showing up, betraying her!  It'd make us laugh!  So maybe, dear Marg, you'll learn to scowl and smile at the same time!

• Upvote 2

Maynard..I grieve with you over your loss. I had to help my wife end her years of misery when I took her off of life support on new year's day of last year. I guess in some ways the hardest year of this journey is over, but this journey is long from over. My journey will be over when God allows me to reunite with my bride of 41+ years. In my opinion you lucked upon the rite discussion group. One thing about us here...every one of us are experiencing this God-awful thing called grief right along side of you.  There's alot of compassion and wisdom to be had here. So welcome aboard, even if it is for a bad reason.

Like you, my wife and I gave homes to rescue dogs over the years. We were never able to have children, so all of our kids had 4 legs. 

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

I'm so sorry for your loss, Darrel.  It is a very hard thing to do to "help" or "let them go", but something we have to do if we're brought to that point.  We have no choice in the matter.  The only thing harder that I know of is not having them here any more.  Even tho' they're sick and not really there for us, they are still here, in this world with us and we have something very important to do in taking care of them. Once they're gone, there is nothing there for us.  I still have the animals to take care of, but I just don't feel like anything is important anymore.  I hope that changes in time.

• Upvote 4