Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of grand children

I lost my oldest grandson April 4 of this year.  He was eleven years old.  He had a biking accident because my son and dil forgot to remind him to put his helmet on.  I also lost twin premature granddaughters last year.  This all after losing my beautiful wife of 28 yrs January 9 of 2015.  

I miss my grandson most right now.  He was our first.  I have a younger grandson who misses his older brother immensely.  Noah and I had a special bond.  

I'm heartbroken ?

Butch

• Upvote 2

Butch,

My heart is grieving for you, I can't imagine, but I know this loss is very very hard for you, as it is for the whole family.  I don't think anyone is to blame, it was just an accident, unfortunately it had grave results.  At 11 most kids will remember their helmet, but kids being kids they think nothing is going to happen, perhaps he didn't take the time because he was in such a hurry to have fun, maybe he just forgot.  Your Mary is looking after him now, he's in good hands.

• Upvote 2

We know that you are heartbroken, dear Butch, and our hearts are hurting for you, too. You've had one major loss after another ~ far more than any person could possibly endure. It is a wonder to me that you find the courage to get out of bed in the morning to face another day. How I wish we could fix it ~ even just a little part of it ~ for you, and make some of this unbearable pain go away, if even for a little while. We are hurting with you and for you, dear one, and we're right here beside you, holding you close in our hearts. 

• Upvote 3

I hope you have a good weekend, Butch, with Caleb and Gracie.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...