Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I don't think I have ever regretted it Kevin.  I had to return so Bri could have her oral surgery, and I have had the scar tissue torn away no matter where I turn.  In a motel on the lake.  My kids live here with their partners, but my partner left me here and it is not home anymore to me. I have not even called my friends.  I will go home tomorrow.  Bri did great.

• Upvote 6

Marg, good to hear......any surgery has some degree of risk.....I do feel a change will do me good and I am not doing anything in haste. This down sizing  only means donating toys and sports stuff to Charitable second hand stores......Last of Angela's cloths will be donated by mid month......I'm looking forward to a change....... 

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, kevin said:

Still lost in a different way, feel too move on I have too physically move.....Sent an E-mail for information today on a couple of properties...Next  move is to list my home...Still may be a year away.....Got to check out new Town......My family are all City, I always avoided Cities.....this Town is rural but 2.5  hours from the majority of the Grand Children......I like Fresh start.....

You can move here, Kevin! :D  Very rural!  Seriously, what towns are you considering?  I'm 2 1/2 hours from my son but even that's not close enough because I can't drive at night.  Having pets I have to be home for at night, it's nigh impossible to drive to his house and back in daylight in the winter, the days are so short.  :angry:  My daughter is half that distance but hard to get a hold of, her work schedule is erratic.

• Upvote 1

This town is called Hanna,(3500 pop.) Prairie foothills......45 minutes from the Bad Lands(Dinosaur Fossils).....When I relocate i will be animal free and plan on staying that way...Cats aren't bad but Dogs are expensive......It will be a change but Golf course is perfect, housing reasonable, and two hours from major Hospital......This anticipated move will definitely Jolt my senses and comfort zone, .....

• Upvote 1

My town is about the same except it's an hour or slightly more to the hospitals.  My town is in the foothills of the Cascades, but I am up in the mountains above.  Good luck with these changes, I hope the beauty and simplifying makes up for the adjustments you'll be making...