Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Good cop / bad cop

Mitch,

I do not want to be there, either.  I want to make a difference  in a positive way to someone somehow.  I have decided to visit some sick friends weekly.  I miss so much making a difference to Al.  

• Upvote 2

Hmmm, Dunkin' Donuts eh?  None of them here in Canada but Tim Hortons is our version.  And yes, all the good and not so good cops go there ?

You are doing some big jobs Mitch.  I've been doing many smaller ones and I don't really have much interest in doing them.  I don't have the money to pay someone else to do all the small things as I'm trying to save for a much needed bathroom renovation.  A friend that drops by often has noticed my finished tasks/works of art LOL.  She says that it looks great and she wonders if I feel good about making the place mine.  I feel good that things are better but as far as it reflecting my choices and work, not so much. I often wonder what Gord would think.  My mark on things is to simplify everything as much as possible.  Unfortunately there is no lack of things to do here so my social schedule is a thing of the past.

Moving hay has been a chore that had me tumbling today.  Luckily I grabbed a hold before I hit the concrete floor.  The bales are 80 lbs. and stacking them 4 rows high is a real life workout!  The good cop said should keep my cell phone in my pocket when I do this kind of thing. ?

Best of luck and safety on your jobs Everyone!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kevin said:

Springtime is a rebirth, renewal, and a Freshness via Mother Nature......Most people feel better in the Spring

It would if Spring would stay but it keeps leaving for colder weather and more rain!  Alas, it is Oregon...

Hearing about all the things some of you are accomplishing makes me feel like I'm letting down on the job, but I guess we all find our way of contributing, feeling better, whether it's visiting people like Anne, doing home projects like Mitch, helping family like Marg and Karen, cleaning out like Kevin, or volunteering like me.  My yard suffers for all my volunteer work but I'm not a fan of being outdoors in the heat anyway...if someone doesn't like it they can come do something with it! :)

Kay,  we're all just trying to find a way to make this life bearable. All of us have our own way of coping. We all want a life that has some semblance of meaning. A life that includes some accomplishments.  And that's called progress in this difficult day to day world of grief we live in.

• Upvote 1