Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How is everyone?

On ‎07‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, kayc said:

Marie Lee,

I'm glad things went well, the beautiful wedding, the sights, getting to see your granddaughter.

Crappy dates is another reason I avoid it like the plague.  I never did enjoy the dating scene and it's been too many years.  It would be nice to have more friends, male or female.

Not sure how much you've read on here lately, I took a fall 8 weeks ago tomorrow.  Very bad.  Trying to heal from it, not sure how much I will.  Some permanent nerve damage to toes, messed up knees, dealing with pain and lack of sleep and money concerns over it.

I go through my days continuing to look for what is good in it.  I don't try to weigh it against the bad, comparisons never seem to help anyway, I take the good for its own value.

Good luck, look out for the frogs that come your way!

Just read this.  So sorry about your fall.  It is so hard to have something like that happen on top of everything else.  I recently had a bee event.  Got stung by a lot of ground hornets and now have a severe allergy, so can't do anymore mowing for now.  Will have to find someone and pay.  Go through anxiety and depression off and on, but keep telling myself it's just another life thing and I have to deal with it.  Wish you speedy recovery.....hugs, Cookie

Hi Cookie - Allergies are no joke! Be careful!

Anxiety and depression are battles for me as well. Hang in there !

Kev's birthday was yesterday and the 12 th is the date I lost him. Been an emotional roller coaster.

Aggravated by AC problems and a stinky fridge that I had to clean ... rotten meat. My crazy life sometimes!

Still trying to be social .. still doing ballroom dancing... planning a trip to see daughter and grand daughter soon.

I miss Kev... I thought he might have chuckled at me with the stinky fridge situation and tease me saying .. I know you miss me now...all I could think of is his silliness while taking care of it and the song " Love Stinks" played in my mind over and over - lol- searching for the humor in my fields of tears these days.

Hugs!

• Like 2

Hi Marie,

Kev's birthday and our Anniversary is on the same day. This would have been our 10th. It hit me hard. I took flowers to Rich's grave and told him Happy Anniversary and totally lost it. My older daughter was 2 hours away in Lancaster, Pa for a training class for work. She texted me that day and wanted me and my other daughter to come there. So we packed an overnight bag and hit the road. Yesterday we went to Kitchen Kettle Village and spent the day there. We even took a buggy ride later in the day. Worked out good because it was just the girls and I and the Amish women that drove the horses. We learnt so much about their way of life.

20916741_10156490459494392_2126969529_n.jpg

• Like 4

Marie,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it, June is my month (dad's bdy, parents' anv, George's bdy, George's death day -also on Father's day), it's hard when those dates pool up, hard to get through, but fortunately time has a way of going by even while hard to go through.

Polly,

It just goes to show no matter how well we think we're doing, it can hit at any time.  Sorry!  Nice picture, you and your daughters?

• Like 1

Yes Kay. Me and my girls. Yes, I have come to accept that it can and will hit me at any given time and that is ok. I am glad that we took this trip. It really helped turn a sad time into a happy one. We always would include the girls and do something fun for our anniversary.

• Like 2

I recently posted about the car accident that totaled Mark's car...am still processing the whole thing.  Have a new vehicle and adjusting to it; trying to personalize it since it is only MY car.  I still put Mark's clip on sunglasses on the visor...since I was told he is with me whenever I drive.  I will be starting treatment with a doctor as the lawsuit has gotten underway.  Some days I delay taking any pain meds (ibuprofen/Bufferin) just to see if things are improving or not.  Usually not.  I went yesterday without any muscle relaxer, since I forgot to take it the night before...and I KNOW it hasn't really improved much.  Insurance screwed me out of $130 when they paid off the car.  They waited until I made the August payment on the loan, and somehow paid less than they told me they would just a week before when they said they were totaling it.  Should not have deleted that text message.  GGGRRR.

On a lighter note, I have been seeing a really nice man for about a month and a half.  We are taking it slow, but I think he was hand-picked by Mark.  He even has the same sense of humor.  He checked in on me the Monday after the accident and when I answered the door, he asked me straight-faced, "Where's your car?" and then smiled really big.  What really showed me that he is a good guy was on our first meeting, he asked me what I went through when Mark died...what happened that day.  He knew I was a widow, because I listed it on my profile (we met on Our Time dating site).  He makes me smile, and makes me feel pretty.  I have missed that so much.  I haven't wanted the attention of a man since Mark died over 2 1/2 years ago.  I was afraid I might be too boring for him....but he said that I was FAR from boring.  Made me feel good.  I told him that I could not tell him how things might go as the trigger months start to arrive (between Thanksgiving and my birthday the end of March).  His birthday is December 13 (another Sagittarius...lol) might help this year.  I thought in the beginning that I wanted to stay alone...but felt a nudge to get back out there...think it was Mark wanting me to be happy once again.  I began removing a lot of the things I put up around the house to strengthen my connection to Mark; but now know that he is in my heart and don't need reminders in every room.  Plus, I feel it is not right to bring someone new into a "shrine".  There are reminders around that he will never know are there.  I think that is fair.

I still stop by every so often and check in to see how everyone is...so many who came when I did have gone away.  

• Like 7

Maryann,

I'm always glad when I hear someone has found someone wonderful (being alone all the time is hard).  Give your healing time, I hope the doctors help you.  It wouldn't hurt to contact the insurance and explain to them that they paid you $130 less than they should have, they can issue another check.

1 hour ago, Marie Lee said:

Hi everyone- My dogs not well and Sept 5 would have been our 30th... I am not finding strength today.

I know you all understand...

just trying to make it through the day.. today.. Hugs everyone...

Here's hoping that you can muster the strength to make it through both of these things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marie Lee said:

Hi everyone- My dogs not well and Sept 5 would have been our 30th... I am not finding strength today.

I know you all understand...

just trying to make it through the day.. today.. Hugs everyone...

Yeah, even the better days are not so great, and the harder ones are brutal. I do understand, best wishes...a minute at a time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I understand how you all feel about your dogs.  As you know, I lost my dear Ranger in April and it was devastating.  I am so grateful I still have Olive, she is also a poodle and is 8 1/2 years old, so now I'm worrying about her age and also feeling hyper-vigilant like Gwen.  Just don't want to lose another thing, but there is no choice is there?  Trying so hard to just appreciate her while she's here....hope your dogs are better and you can keep them for a long time....Cookie

• Upvote 1

Marie, I pray your dog pulls through this, you're in my thoughts and prayers as the 5th approaches too.  I know how those days are. There are a lot of links here, I esp. like the one on Valentine's Day, it can apply to any "special day". http://www.griefhealingblog.com/p/h.html

Marie,

I'm starting to get nervous, I haven't seen you on here for the last week and am wondering how your dog is doing and how YOU are.  

HI all.. It's been tough lately.. been trying to handle it all. My Lulu Bell did not make it. She had a blood disorder. I had to put her down Friday.  Then my father in law got bad. He has not been doing well for a couple of years now. Hospice came in and he left us peacefully on Tuesday morning. I have been driving down to Central Fl since last Sat.. I am home now but will be going back for the funeral this weekend.

All the driving has made my back and legs bother me more and has wore me out.

It's been one thing or another for about three weeks now.. and of course Sept 5 th is around the corner.

I have just been too tired and just wore down.... trying to spend time w/ family and help my mother in law.

I am tired. Hugs everyone.. I will try to get back on here a bit more as I journey through this.. just don't have a lot to say right now..

I have a few stories to share about grandson Mason and his grandpa in heaven.. will share them soon..they are quite heartwarming.. <3

Just trying to keep my head above water these days.. love to all.

• Like 3

Marie,

We're so sorry for the loss of your dog and your FIL.  So hard!  We'll wait to hear your stories, when things settle down a bit.  Praying for you for strength and comfort.

• Like 1