Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Medical impact of grief, stress and being alone

I'm supposed to go get my granddaughter's new glasses on the 10th.  I took the prescription to a place in the big city to get them faster and get two pair.  I cannot find where I wrote down the office address.  She had her medical followups in two different places.  Cannot find my paperwork.  I cannot remember and the two cities are so close that she gets her medical work done, she does not remember.  So, I procrastinate until the 8th or the 9th to find the location.  I don't remember the location.  Number they called from is not on my phone.

Yellow pages and a cup of coffee, start phoning in alphabetical order, or wait for them to call you....But I use the Calendar for everything, every year I get the big ones(big squares)..transfer all last years Birthdays.....whether your still alive or not, still on Angela's Calendar.....

• Like 1

I switched calendars when the new ones came out.  I have a big notebook each month and have done this for years.  I have to find the other one to find where I go to get my granddaughter's glasses.  Procrastination.  Her doc appointment is on the 10th, so on the 9th I will go crazy trying to find the old date book.

Addendum:  I have noticed I do repeat things more than once, sometimes all within a few sentences.  You might have noticed.  I remember my mammaw doing this after my dad passed away and her two girls (older women really) getting so aggravated with her.  She was pure sweetness though and I just wanted to hug her every time she looked perplexed when they said "Mama, you just said that!!!!!"

• Like 1

If you use Google calendar you don't need to re-write everything every year, you just check repeat yearly or monthly or whatever you need.  You can do it by a day of the 2nd week or on a certain date or whatever you want.

You can also type in address and if you type in the name of the place it will give you location to select.

Marg, I hope they call you to come pick it up!