Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Three years coming

Allen is a wonderful son. I'm so glad he kept in touch with us. I feel totally inept in answering with words that are empty.   Just know we are here when you want to talk 

In the note Marty gave you/us to read this sticks out to me.

"Because, guess what? Hard is the only choice we have, the only choice we were given. It’s do you want hard, or hard? Either we find a way, or we give up, right? And giving up isn’t an option."

We are here Butch, but I know you get help from your therapy also.  

• Like 2

Butch,

I've missed you and worried about you more than you realize...it's not that I don't have faith in you, I absolutely do, it's that I'm a worrier by nature, me and my blasted anxiety!  :)  I'm glad you are home with Little Man and hopefully some upcoming visits from the boys.  

Marty,

I love that article, it's one I hear people ask about so often.  I know people view "easier" as relative, semantics can play into the term, but I look at it as our life is not easier if we try to compare it to "before" but I try not to compare and in some ways this grief is easier for me to do now than it was in the beginning yet in other ways it's something I've just had to get used to living with.  I have adjusted about as much as I think I can, yet I'm continually learning and growing on this journey...somehow the "missing him" part has never gotten easier for me, if anything maybe harder.  It just depends on how you define easier and what part of this journey you're talking about.

• Like 1