Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I am a transgender

Charlatt

Hi guys, I am pretty shy to discuss this matter here. Since I cannot talk about this matter in public, I thought it would be a better idea to seek help from here.

I am a transgender. My body and mind have always been in a conflict with each other since my teenage days. I think like a boy, but have the features of a woman. I always prefer to wear those clothes which helps to conceal my feminine body. I am fed up with my life. So, I took a big decision in my life. Next month, I am planning to undergo the ftm surgery procedure. I am going to have my breasts removed.

But, I have got a lot of questions in my mind regarding this surgery. Will I regret after having this surgery? What do you guys think?

Charlatt,

I'm not sure why you are posting about this in a grief forum, it's a little off topic, but I feel qualified to answer you.  One of my closest friends is transgender although in his 60s elects not to go through surgery at this point.

I don't know what state you're in, but most of them require you to go through counseling and get the recommendation of a doctor before undergoing surgery, I'd highly recommend that.  I do want to recommend a forum for you.  I had to go through an interview and approval from one of the mods before being allowed to join, but they're easy on you.  ;)  They just want to make sure of your intent, no catfish.  I joined years ago in an effort to learn more, understand and support my friend.  Not everyone on there is transgender, but a great deal are, many are crossdressers, and there is a section for their wives, GFs, etc.  You may be able to join the public section there, give it a try.  If you have any questions, contact a moderator.  Some are a little over the top with their crossdressing and gurly stuff, don't let it throw you.  Underneath it all, there are good people there.

Honestly, I think the main thing is to be comfortable with yourself, however you are.  The more comfortable with yourself you are, the more comfortable other people are with you.  Of course there are always judgmental people but that's based on their own ignorance, hence these forums are great tools for enlightening.  The more the issues are out there, the more educated people can become.  There's more than just male and female, there's everything inbetween and combination thereof.  AND there's many more sexual identities, all it's good to figure out.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/

My friend, you don't say how old you are, which would be my first concern as you make this important life decision. You ask if you'll regret having this surgery, and without knowing you and your individual circumstances, I wouldn't presume to offer my advice. You say you have a lot of questions in your mind, and it seems to me that no surgeon would offer this procedure without first making certain that those questions have been addressed ~ and then pointing you to resources and support groups specifically designed to do just that.

That said, I agree with Kay's response. Since you have access to the Internet, you would do well to do go online to find information and resources that are relevant to you. For example, having clicked on the link you provided in your post, I see that a Patient Resources section is provided, and that might be a good place to start.

• Like 1