Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Made it through the holidays

Well I made it through the holidays but it was not easy . Today is exactly 5 months to the day that I lost my Jordan.I still can’t believe he is gone and my memories of him are so clear and it’s still hurting he was my best friend and so perfect for me I will never have that again. No matter what I did or said He would always say I was his angel and beautiful no matter how I looked or felt . He would show up with roses just because he thought I needed roses . We had so much in common and no matter what we were both talking about the other understood. I hope and pray there is another life after death .I miss him and hope when my time comes I will see his kind smile and handsome face there to greet me. I know time will heal me but right now I just don’t feel it 🙁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HiTony,

there is a ton of info on YouTube and the net about the Afterlife and spirit communication with loved ones who have passed to the other side.  Please avail yourself of all of it.  Also, there are so many books on the same subject.  Arm yourself with knowledge and it will help you a lot.

so sorry for your loss.

Judy

Best wishes to you Tony,

I don't know if these comments from me will be helpful to you. Hopefully they will be. This grieving thing is so much like a journey we are forced to take. Most of the journey is uphill. Just about the time we think we are progressing a little better, something will happen that triggers a memory or a thought and our car loses traction and we slide back down the hill. I didn't find this group until I had been on my journey for almost my entire first year. My wife passed on New Year's Day, 2016, and I googled and found this wonderful place on Christmas Eve of that year. Then I was able to see that I wasn't some kind of freak. It helped me immeasurably to be able to see that what I had been experiencing is normal. I still backslide more than I would like, but that also is part of this journey. Knowing that the experiences of others is in many ways much the same as my own has helped be able to relax with this and just let it happen. Maybe that's the best way to get through this, and maybe one day get to the end of this journey. I will never stop loving and missing my wife. We were together for over 41 wonderful years. 

The one thing that makes it possible for me to be able to endure all this is the sure and certain fact that my wife and I will one of these days be back together again. For eternity. That gives me solace and peace of mind every day. 

BTW...you found a good group here.  There are a multitude of people here that are all to willing to help their fellow members when they reach out. And the founder---Marty---is truly a God-send. We are all family here.

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

Olemisfit:  It is true that it's such a comfort to know you are not alone, that what you feel has been felt by others.  My husband and I were together 47 years and 2 1/2 seems like nothing in the context of that.  There are people around me who suggest that 2 1/2 years is a long time, but I know that they don't get it.  When I come to this site, I see myself in so many of the posts and I just hit like because it's been said already so well by another.  Bless all of you people.....Cookie

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TONY said:

Well I made it through the holidays but it was not easy . Today is exactly 5 months to the day that I lost my Jordan.I still can’t believe he is gone and my memories of him are so clear and it’s still hurting he was my best friend and so perfect for me I will never have that again. No matter what I did or said He would always say I was his angel and beautiful no matter how I looked or felt . He would show up with roses just because he thought I needed roses . We had so much in common and no matter what we were both talking about the other understood. I hope and pray there is another life after death .I miss him and hope when my time comes I will see his kind smile and handsome face there to greet me. I know time will heal me but right now I just don’t feel it 🙁

Tony:  Five months is so fresh....hugs to you.  It's been 2 1/2 years for me, but I also miss my husband, John, still so much.  I also hope I will see him in another life; counting on it....Cookie

• Like 3