Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It’s sooo hard

And that sounds like a wonderful idea.  My granddaughter has me interested in all the Marvel movies.  We still go to animated ones also.  After Billy left us both so bereft (he was the only daddy she had every known), we would lose ourselves in the movies.  And, we would eat out.  We just saw the animated film "Coco" although would not recommend it, some sadness in it.  We are going to see Marvel's "Black Panther" as soon as the crowds thin down.  She has always been a movie lover, so we lose ourselves often.  I don't know if that is good or not, but it works for us.  She and her "Dade" would go without me lots of times too.  Caleb is a handsome young man, and he will grow up so fast.  

Please stay in touch and let us know how you all are doing.  Sometimes we all are family in our grief.  

I think we can take almost anything for ourselves, but it's really really hard to see our children suffering.  My heart goes out to you as your try to help Caleb through this.

I posted this to their thread in Behaviors but want to post it here too as these are the people that have known this family.

Allen and Katie have taken Caleb to a children's psychiatric hospital as he is wanting to harm himself, he's inconsolable with grief.  They will see him on Sunday, the doctors want him evaluated without his parents there.  Please keep him, and them, in your prayers.

• Like 1

This poor family.  I am so sad for them.  I know what it is like to have a child who is this distraught and depressed.  Fortunately he is alive and maturity has made many situations less difficult for him.

Praying for you Caleb.  Allen and Katie all I can do is keep you in my heart and my prayers, I do so fully.

• Like 2

My feelings as well, I can't imagine how hard this is on them all, I'm glad they have each other but right now that's even probably hard, we don't all grieve the same way.  Can only pray God holds them all together in a special place in the palm of His hand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kayc said:

Can only pray God holds them all together in a special place in the palm of His hand

That is all we can hope and pray for.  This little family is so special and I am so sorry for their torment.  Reading on this forum, we all take our grief in different directions and their torment is unimaginable.  My "mustard seed faith" at times seems so lacking and remembering the hospice book given to me by my mama's nurse.  It is common to question God and turn your anger toward him, and sometimes I just look over my shoulder and shake my head.  In praying, I want it to go further than the ceiling. This little family needs prayer warriors, but we still have to watch what we say.  Our belief, even disorganized belief, is not everyone's.