Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My sister, Donna

kayc

We've set Donna's service for April 25th, it'll be in the town she lived in, which is kind of a middle mark for all of us coming from all over Oregon.  I'm hoping her biological son (our adopted brother) will make it (he lives there but works three jobs and is always flying somewhere), it would mean a lot to her.

• 4 weeks later...

My siblings and I upon scattering Donna's ashes yesterday...we got the heat Donna always loved!

L to R: Polly, Peggy, myself, Julie, Mick

Donna's Memorial.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Having never had but one sibling, I think your family had many blessings Kay.  So sad to lose one, I cannot afford to lose one, but I hope your group grows even closer now.  I'm so sorry about Donna, and I hope, and feel she is now free and smiling from someplace beautiful.  Your mentioning to Kevin a place you must have looked at, possibly a place around people that you do not have to work so hard.  Places are hard to leave sometimes when so much living has taken place, but sometimes preserving our strength to carry our memories longer might help in the long run.  "The long run" is a questionable place to live in, I know.  I love your family picture.  I'm glad you all could get together.  I am sorry it was for this reason.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It was hot that day and coming from snow just a week ago, it was hard to adjust to the difference...as you can see, none of us dressed up, but then Donna would have been fine with that. ;) 

• Like 1

I love this picture, Kay.  I do like how very close you and your siblings are.  May you have peace as you remember Donna. Know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1