Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Good Sunday Morning To Everyone

I would continue checking widow status on forms.  IRS may be pickier, we have to contend with them, but everything else...it's really no one's business but our own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveM said:

Cookie, I had no idea. It seems to me once a widow or widower, always a widow or widower, unless one remarries, I suppose. The world plays cruel tricks on us sometimes.

Yes, true. In the tax world we somehow "revert" back to SINGLE but I will never be single again.

I have always wondered about the word "Widower".  It seems like the word was made up later after Widow.

er

interjection \ ˈə , ˈä usually with prolonged vowel , nonstandard ˈər \

Kinda explains how I feel most of the time now.... nonstandard.  I'm still getting questions about when am I going to start dating again. 

I don't like being alone at times yet I don't want to sacrifice my peace and tranquillity just to be in a relationship...  Besides, I'm still pursuing my goal of learning to fly. - Shalom

• Like 3

On 3/13/2018 at 6:33 AM, iPraiseHim said:

I don't like being alone at times yet I don't want to sacrifice my peace and tranquillity just to be in a relationship...  Besides, I'm still pursuing my goal of learning to fly. - Shalom

I don't think it's an either/or.  After all, I was tranquil in my relationship with George, I never felt squelched...it was a shared experience no matter what we were doing.  Just being together is what counted.  Everything felt BETTER with him alongside me in life.

• Like 3

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, DaveM said:

Cookie, I had no idea. It seems to me once a widow or widower, always a widow or widower, unless one remarries, I suppose. The world plays cruel tricks on us sometimes.

Yes, DaveM, I was totally surprised.  I never imagined....this world.....

On ‎10‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 12:46 AM, TomPB said:

Yes, I grieved my parents intensely, but their loss didn't change my life like this.

That´s how I feel.My father had died in front of me in the hospital when I was 22 y.o. only,but it hadn´t hurt me as much as it was with my beloved man later...Since my beloved Jan died,all of the happiness is gone and I try the best I can to survive with the deepest wounds at the bottom of my heart and with all I´ve got by now...the God and the best friends of mine...

You´re in my prayers...

5aab39d44a55b_Angel20.gif.703eeb632c9a52b83e66648e61c16066.gif

Hugs from Janka

• Like 1