Grief Healing Discussion Groups

An ache like none other

Katie, your Ryan resembles Gracie so much, but I see differences too.  What a precious bundle of joy you have in him!

• Upvote 1

Yes Ry looks very much like Gracie.  It sometimes hurts to see so much of her in him.  But at the same time what an honor.  He will know about his big sisters.  All three of them.  And all about Noah.  Allen and I will make certain of that.  

Allen is back with us at the house.  I am working on forgiveness and we are starting counseling next week.  It’s a difficult feat.  Caleb is doing well with his therapy.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I feel relieved that the two of you will be getting counseling, that is good to hear.  Someone to help you through this and help you have the best chance possible at rebuilding.  My heartfelt prayers are with you both.  And I'm so glad to hear Caleb is doing well!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Ive never done this before, a forum, that is my said it helps her. I lost my 11yr old daughter 10mos ago to the day. She was hit by a car while riding her dirt bike down the road from our country home. I was there for her last breath. I am consumed with guilt.

• Like 1

Adam,

I am so sorry.  There are no words adequate.  Katie (A&K) lost her son, he had an accident on his bicycle, he was in the hospital quite a while before he passed.  It's the hardest thing in the world.

Guilt is part of grief, it doesn't mean we earned or deserve to feel guilty, we just wish we could go back and do something differently, we go through all the what ifs looking for a different outcome, but it doesn't mean we did something wrong.  I'm glad you were there for her.  

Adam I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't say I know how you feel.  I have friends that have lost children and I can see how it has totally changed their lives.  

Please continue to reach out.  Chatting with other families that have lost a child can help you to survive this heartbreaking loss.  🙏❤️

• Like 1