Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

I love these recipes, healthy and very filling, quick and easy to make for one person.  On the chocolate one I use the almond flour version.  I like to measure ingredients out into two mugs (bake one at a time) I have 1200 watt microwave and 90 seconds is perfect.  SF chocolate syrup and whipping cream on top adds a bit of a touch to it!

Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
INGREDIENTS

·         2 Tbsp melted butter

·         1 egg

·         2 Tbsp pumpkin puree

·         2 Tbsp almond flour

·         1 Tbsp coconut flour

·         2 Tbsp sweetener, like Swerve granulated

·         1/2 tsp baking powder

·         1/4 tsp cinnamon

·         1/8 tsp nutmeg

·         1/8 tsp ginger

·         pinch cloves

·         pinch salt

INSTRUCTIONS

1.   In a large coffee mug, add melted butter, egg, and pumpkin puree. Mix well.

2.   Add the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix well.

3.   Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. Depending on your microwave and the size of your mug, the cooking time will vary. If after 90 seconds, your mug cake is still undercooked, microwave it for an additional 30 seconds.

4.   Optionally, top with Keto whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

image.png

If you could buy a small house to live in with your share of the proceeds it could cut your expenses a bit so you could live within that budget, or even an RV so long as you had room in it for your PC, etc.  You have to be where the jobs are but some places (after you retire) are a lot cheaper than others to live!  

Kodie has gotten in the habit of begging for treats every time I'm on the phone!  I need to break him of that, he's so darn cute and hard to resist, I'm afraid I've spoiled him rotten!

I hope you find a way to earn a liveable wage...if you could make it to 70 w/o soc sec you get a lot more, I couldn't hold on that long as no one would hire someone my age!  I'd never had that issue before, alas it was recession and age discrimination factoring in.  Not sure when you were born (I'm in 1952 so full age was 66).

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social-security/questions-answers/when-does-earnings-limit-expire.html#:~:text=You can earn any amount,born in 1960 and later.

Yes your brother does sound as if he has narcissistic tendencies, he has to be the final authority on everything whether he knows anything about it or not.  I think I gave you the eBook years ago on Malignant Self-Love (a description of my last ex).  
I remember him as very self-serving.

I never have eaten t.v. dinners, I haven't seen any to be healthy for diabetics but I'd much rather cook and know what's in it.

I got a kick out of Peggy, Beverly brought her mail yesterday and she had her change a lightbulb, said she might as well get something for her $20!  ;) I think she'll fire her after she gets the mailbox up, it'll be another month.  She has her eye appts. done.  She has a friend taking her to get groceries and someone taking her to the doctor 12/28.  She needs to be careful not to burn anyone out though.  She learned of one yesterday that we both know and I think she'd be good, she needs to talk to her though.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:27 AM, kayc said:

Will have to try the recipe, looks good.

TV Dinners arent good or healthy. I think as a kid many things were cool and tasted good because I was a kid. 

Property taxes here are $7500 a year. The mortgage has an escrow acct that saves and then pays it. but next year its full charge on me. No idea how the bank does that and hoping they dont raise the mortgage or im out of luck. 

Un fortunately when its all said and done I dont think there will be enough to get a small house. The mortgage will eat maybe a third or more. If I sell to the atty it wont bring as much but then I dont have the hassle of selling through an agent. 

lol, I can see kodie getting spoiled. You're just an ole softie.

I was born in 57 so I 'think' its 66 for me too, not sure. I try and be positive but really doubt anyone will hire me. the course my bro got me interested in...the field is interesting but the course despite what bro says will not get me a job. After finding out about the property taxes I definitely cant stay here. 

yes, you gave me the book, thanks again. I have it on my drive. My brother is a trip. he wanted a pic of the tree. Pretty obvious he wants to make sure its used. i set it up, not well but up. he suggested I put dads old train underneath it. Im pretending I dont know what that means. Been ignoring him the past couple weeks. Seems to work well. I get so tired of the overbearing know it all act. 

Do you ever drink Chai spiced tea? I tried some OregonChai from the grocery store and actually pretty good. I just add milk half and half and heat in the microwave.

Sounds like Peggy may get a better helper. That one she has is a trip. 

So how are all your pains and hurts? Anything getting better? 

take good care of yourself, too bad you dont have our 70s weather this week. 

I was confused, when I looked yesterday it looked like a quote but nothing underneath, I didn't realize it was new content.  
Gosh, makes you want to block your brother!  Gets wearisome, I'm sure.  Maybe you don't FEEL like setting up a train!  How about HE fly out there and do all this!  Oh yeah, he has an "excuse," people who always tell us what to do, always do.

The Gastroenterologist called to make an appt, (how come they're never identified on the phone, just said Rogue River, I don't know anyone there) this after telling me the day before it'd be a couple months before they'd call, it's in April but I have to drive 130 miles for a Covid test three days before, on a Sunday, that makes THREE trips to the valley in one week!  And all they'll do is a "consult," no idea when they'll schedule me for a scope.  Meanwhile it's already been a year I've been living with this.  Another gal going through the same thing.

Real Estate fees take a huge hunk so best sell directly and save the hassle.  

I went with Iris yesterday to get her head shaved, it's so hard, her beautiful hair.  Kodie and I brought her my new handmade hat, it's beautiful, her colors.

7" snow at the bottom of the driveway and ramp, it gets more than anyone else there, it's like a gully.  Shoveled the driveway, ramp and pathway to the firewood.  DIL sent me info on my granddaughter's piano recital, she just started learning.  I can't drive over there four times this month in the snow, I wish I'd get invites for the summer but they're always gone then.  It's stressful as I'd love to be there but too far and I live in the mountains, we're under hazardous weather alert.

Have you signed up at the soc. sec. site online?  If so you can view your current statement which should show the age for you for full retirement and what to expect.  If you settle in a different part of the country it'd be a lot cheaper.  Washington doesn't have income taxes but does have sales tax, so cheaper if you don't buy anything.  IL doesn't charge people our age property tax on their homes.  Anyway, it might be worth looking into before settling down somewhere.  I'm not even sure what state you're in but I got the impression it's more upscale.

I hope you find something that supports yourself and you enjoy!

Lets see if I can do this right tonight. 

Im in Texas. I suppose things arent too high but definitely not the lowest. Hoping I can sell the house by March. Curious to see what the atty would give for it. he knows people who flip houses so they may not give enough. The mortgage will eat away at that anyway. 

I havent called my brother and he hasnt called me so it works. 

All that medical stuff seems disorganised. hopefully they can get it done and get you some help. Sorry you'll have so much driving. I dont like long drives myself anymore. Dallas is 45 minutes on crazy freeways and I refuse. Rush hour here is scary. 

I spent a couple hours doing an assignment for my course, the site kept messing up, now I cant upload the two files I need to turn in. Then the internet went down. nice lady at support fixed my internet at least. no one to ask to fix my homework. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to Iris. Did she get a wig? Some like having those. When she's done it will grow back. 

waiting and watching for the bank to pay those property taxes. hoping they dont increase the mortgage next year to cover the increased taxes. I'l pay em when the house sells. 

hard to even imagine that much snow anymore. Im guessing you're pretty used to it. We've been 70s all week but getting back to cold tomorrow. 

I wonder if one of the folks attending the recital could do facetime or some such and stream it to you live, or maybe make a video. 

I havent signed up yet. If this UX Design works I should be making enough to live. If not then I guess it wont matter what I do. If i remember correctly i will get a significant increase for waiting til 70. That is IF they dont take all the funding before then. 

take good care, stay warm. Certainly dont blame ya for not wanting to drive in that snow. 

• Like 1

Yes, Iris got a wig, my sister and I were going to buy one for her but the cancer society took care of it.  I hope her's grows back like it was, it was a beautiful color with soft curls but I've heard it can grow back totally different, haven't discussed with her, she has enough to worry about.

It snowed for the better part of two weeks, every day/night, now it's coming just before Christmas Eve Day and here to stay for a while again.  There goes seeing my grandkids at Christmas.

Kodie and Jazzy have been into their compost pile, he got a hold of meat/veg rotting, threw up Monday night, Wed. night, Fri. night.  Tried to get him into the vet or animal hospital, no one has room.  Made him chicken/rice will dole out to him.  Will have to keep him home so he doesn't continue eating compost Jazzy drags into the bushes, if it was just in the pile I could watch but I can't keep up or see when he goes into the bushes with her.  He's going to be so sad... :(  I need to make sure he gets well.

I did get to see video clips from Cece's performance, she looked radiant and I was so impressed with how she made her best attempt to "do it right!"  Her dad was like that (he didn't do ballet though!).

They're saying 2032 is the year they're going to cut our soc. sec. (if they don't change it by then).

How are YOU doing with everything?  It's a lot to take in, all you've been through, are going through, and will yet.  :wub:

Hope kodie is ok, they do get into the craziest things. Too bad the vet cant recommend something. They should have a pepto for pets.

I forget just how much snow you get up there, stay safe. Its pretty if you dont have to go drive or walk in it. We dont get it often and usually snows evenings. I'll walk in the front yard and see it fall up and down the street. So peaceful. 

we will be 60 all week I think. 

I think Iris wont mind how her hair grows back. She will be so glad when its all over. 

Cece may be a performer when she grows up. Dad should put on a tutu and do ballet with her. That would be cute. make for a good story one day. 

I guess I could have been drawing SS these past few years and then paused it to work fulltime if I got a good job and restart later. No idea about penalties though.

I no longer walk the house at night. I cant focus or remember well. Things that I discovered.

Even tho I only was drinking 1 or 2 ales in the evening alcohol now irritates my bladder and im done with it.

From a carwreck decades ago my sciatica is back. I woke up with a scream one night cause it felt like an electric shock. I was sleeping on that side and thats the side hurt in the wreck. Ive shifted sides and doing heat and cold and so far so good. 

Different things out of the blue remind me of my folks and make me cry. mostly im ok but just sometimes not. Sometimes I have terrific hindsight about how I misunderstood their problems and esp dad since he was recent how I could have done so much better. 

I havent called my brother on purpose to see what he does and he hasnt done a thing. I'll take that as a win and a sign that i'm right in all I thought. I'm doing the course he suggested and its interesting, a good field. But spending 6 months on this class will not get me a job. I can tell he knows nothing about it. he just had the idea its a good and artsy job and heres a google course so obviously that means a new career. Anyway, will keep pushing.

Cleaning up my diet even more. It's almost if I was given some slack by life while I was taking care of dad and now it demands I behave.

My body now demands 8+ hours sleep. I no longer care to go on 6.5. 

Dreading the estate sale and selling the house and finding a place. I would like to sell to my atty and rent from one of his guys, would make life so much easier. but I dont think they will give enough. There are alot of things to fix tho. 

So much to do and this is my time to work on me as well as study. but hard to focus and motivate. I need to find that secret.

So how are you feeling with the injuries and aches, you ok? Santa should bring you some peace. What are you making for Christmas?

Been enjoying alot of these lately. I think I want a cozy neighborhood coffeshop/bookstore to hang out in.

Guess I best get to bed. Hope kodie feels better and take good care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tachi said:

I guess I could have been drawing SS these past few years and then paused it to work fulltime if I got a good job and restart later.

I have a friend who did that after a year, but you have to pay it all back in order to be able to start it over later otherwise it messes it up.  

My son would never don a Tutu, totally not!

I'm about to get slammed with snow, some tomorrow but the bulk starts Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues...on and on.  Predictions not good, could have 3 ft.!  I'm not as young as I once once, don't know how I'll do this but my Christmas looks not to be merry.  Shoveling is HARD work!  Can't even walk in that much snow and no idea if the plows will come as no school now.

Yard guy blew off my gravel driveway, only wanted paved one, all the gravel & needles are gone off it and it's pure mud.  Now mud on shoes, boots, house, awckk!!!!  With snow coming I can't have rock delivered and deal with it right now.  Don't know how I'll take Kodie to do his business.  

Will be missing my granddaughter's recital too, never heard back from my son for the name/address and we're on extreme weather alerts...

If I disappear it's because of no internet, I don't know how I'll get it off the dish with this much snow.  Elec. always goes out in this too, telephone too.  It'd be a miracle if it didn't.

The lawyer could make an offer and you could check against appraisal...prices expected to decline soon, now it's at it's highest at least in my county...interest rates rising.

I should watch that video when I'm taking my BP!

Merry Christmas, hope all is well. Stay safe and warm. We hit 82 today, crazy. 

Ive been raking and bagging leaves, doesnt take much to make my back ache, never been this bad. Snow is much worse. 

Hopefully you can phone family and touch base with them. 

Glad I didnt mess with SS then, thank you. They make it rough to get by it seems. 

Driveway sounds like a mess. maybe you can clear a space for Kodie kinda near the door. Too bad you cant put a doggie box in the garage, under the carport I guess. 

Not sure until they offer a price for the house of course. I had read they look at how much they can get for it, take off how much they need to fix up, then cut to 70% of that. That really wont be what its work. It does save the agents commission, plus I dont have to spend any money fixing anything. Which i dont have money to do that anyway. Plus it would be a fast sale and the atty handles all the paperwork. But I dont want to get near nothing of value when the house holds alot of value. Having to payoff the mortgage will cut deeply. Oh well. Will see about that soon enough.

You and kodie have a good Christmas and stay warm, take care.

• Like 1

Without electricity all day yesterday and generlink didn't work ($779 down the drain) so back to surviving the old fashioned way.  Woke up at midnight, laid there three hours and got up and started shoveling snow again.  Got a path to the firewood, driveway still inundated with snow.  Can't go anywhere anyway, no sign of county plows.

82 there!  Hard for me to imagine in this chill we have, about 10" yesterday/last night and plenty more on it's way from here on out.  Kodie loves it!  He throws himself on his side, face included, and scoots in it!  Like he wants to enjoy every little bit of it! :D

I guess you'll have to compare numbers and see which way you'll come out the best.  Have you talked to an agent to see what they think?  List AS IS or they can sue you within two years...my friend got sued for $500,000 for "bats" that it didn't have when she sold it, took everything she had for that and the att. fees!  They got the beautiful log home on wooded property for free. :angry:  And it hastened her dementia from all the stress.  There's vultures out there.  

I hope you have a good Christmas!  82 sounds wonderful about now!  My little sister is headed to Hawaii, I can't imagine, a world from mine.       

Hope you and Kodie survived. he loves that snow, of course he doesnt have to shovel it or drive in it. he's just like a little kid lol. Times like these you just have to do whats needed. I had em stack half our wood by the back door just in case. When we lived in Chicago the snow at times was as high as the cars. It was fun watching them plow one lane down the street. 

Thanks for the tip, I cant afford to get sued by anyone for anything. But the more I think of it the more i'd like to sell to the atty. I know they wont offer as much but I wont have to do anything and wont have the hassle of showing the house. I also am concerned with the timing of selling the house and finding an apt. the flippers who buy the house may have a rental for me. My big concern is finding a safe area and a quiet one. But I think thats down the road a few months.

Sat and sunday nights we will be down to 20s. 

Holidays for me are strange. I was on my own for 30 years and worked alot of em so they kinda lost that special feeling. With Mom gone Dad didnt care. I did a small tree for him and now I think I should have done a big tree and all the rest and watched Christmas movies with him. Maybe he would have joined in. Just hard to have that spirit when life is so hard. My bro wants to skype tomorrow for new years eve. Dont really care to but whatever. he's kind of like a bad movie. he wants some weird semblance of normality like he's head of family. Which he isnt and there is no family anymore. 

Ive gotten so I no longer assume people will be nice, quite the opposite. It's funny how when dad passed a couple of his friends were in touch and now nothing. Well I do appreciate em for the help they gave.

Im off to snooze. You two stay warm and safe.

Happy New Year

• Like 1

Have had snow every day/night for a week now, had roof shoveled which covered pathways, Kodie still can't go into his fenced yard, because of it.  Have had lots of trees/limbs come down, will have to deal with it in the Spring, had to have someone cut one that covered the driveway and the path to the front where I take Kodie potty, he couldn't get out there with a tree across it.  Arlie would have lept over it, the hazard of being a little guy!  I need to go out and shovel some MORE today, my back & hands aren't feeling it!  Haven't gone anywhere.  Paid someone to chip away at the driveway after I'd done all I could, $50 but still icy and now covered with snow again, ugh.

It's cold even with the fire going 24/7, surrounded by snow!

It's common for people to disappear after death.  When my husband died, every single one of our friends disappeared on me, my two best friends before the funeral even!  They don't want to think about it, don't know what to say, view it as contagious almost!  Yeah, not like we LIKE thinking about it, but we are left holding the bag, so to speak and can't just obliterate it so easily.

Only Skype if you want to, don't if you don't want to.  Guess it makes him feel good in some way, but what's important is how it affects YOU.  

I do hope this is a better year for all of us than the last two.

Electricity has been out eight times since Christmas eve, half of them prolonged.  Internet was down this morning, not weather related.  What they told me didn't hold water, refuted everything they said...finally came back on.  Ugh, I hate when they make up stuff on the fly, might work with some people, not with me.  An advantage to being a wise old buzzard!  :D  I guess...

Make sure to include that as is clause ESPECIALLY with a lawyer involved!  

I hope you have a good NYE and day, take some time for YOU, my friend!

I'm finally glad to be down south. I used to miss Chicago winters all my life but you've reminded me how it can be no fun. Hope it goes better up there. take good care and stay warm. We had two nights down to 20 and its back to 55/32 again. Feb should be getting cold tho.

Bad thing about snow, you shovel it again and again and it just keeps snowing. 

My system is changing and insisting I behave. I was only drinking 1- beers at night but now they make me sick so no more. Same with coffee. Switched to Chai and I made some nice ones, but stopped that too. I think its my stomach and bladder. So i'm drinking just water and decaf tea. maybe the Chai was because it was caffeine in the black tea or maybe the spices. And I gave up sugar completely. I made a crumble cake with brown sugar on top and it didnt settle well. Anyway, i'm eating clean and behaving.

My sciatica calmed down mostly. I still need to get more exercise and sleep on the other side. Silly stuff I guess.

Is your house pretty well sealed or does it get drafty, insulation? 

The sunday chat with my brother. He wanted to talk so I was a chatterbox and held him up for an hour and a half, lol. he was very happy to go eat dinner. Now he will think im weak because I talked so much. No clue in his head tho. He keeps trying to push me into keeping some furniture and the bed, I keep telling him  I dont want it. I will keep the big tv and a wooden trunk to sit it on and thats it. maybe I should start calling him and asking when I should go poop, lol. I doubt he would get the point.

My best friend...when Mom passed he was there. When dad passed he was there. I didnt trust myself to talk so we just traded emails. I can never repay him for the kindness. He says he is learning from me for when his own Mom passes. And when that day comes I will be there for him. Dads one friend contracted covid, so far he's ok. I really know no one here so thats the first person I know who got it. I always wonder how people get it. 

Friends and death. Seems odd to me...it's a part of life and it will happen yet we dont want to think about it. Understandable. In past cultures they prepared people for it and they really supported each other. We just tend to go stumbling through life with no clue. No one wants to think of aging and death let alone prepare for it. To me it's not the leaving Life, its what I will go thru near the end. But then i have enough to struggle with now. 

This class in UX design or user experience design is interesting  and funny. As well as the UX part they use some cognitive psychology, color and design theory, typography, information architecture. Most of it is the creative aspect, which takes tons of time and practice. 

hate when elec goes, hoping yours starts holding up. I get tired of companies as well. They arent that good so they just try and BS people. 

I think in selling the house I may end up with the attys friends. Either way I will sell as-is and not be fixing things and both ways they will reduce the price accordingly. I really dont want the hassle of an agent and showing the house.

Yes, lets hope and pray for a better year. I think if nothing else it will be interesting. There is still a chance for a good one so will hold on to that.

Stay warm and safe and scratch kodie on the ear for me.

• Like 1

I have a 44 year old mobile home so take a guess.  :D  Needs everything, it's not getting it.  Next order of business will be replacing the back of my garage and jacking it up on pier blocks instead of wood rotting on dirt. ;)  I never planned on  growing old in this but here it is.  Can least replace something when you're retired!  It's home, regardless.  I use firewood for heat so even though it's not well insulated and has a leaky window (frame damaged so it doesn't seal well) it still is warm most of the time, the hardest is when it's surrounded by ice/snow, like right now.  Harder in the summer with extreme heat and no A/C.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

He wanted to talk so I was a chatterbox and held him up for an hour and a half, lol.

Haha, I love it!  Maybe he'll think twice next time! :D

Good for you on your change in diet!  Sounds like you are listening to your body and that is good!  I still drink coffee...one last vice, but only in the mornings..

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

I can never repay him for the kindness.

Just tell him what it's meant to you, that's will be payment enough. ;)  I'm glad he's there for you.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

I always wonder how people get it. 

Pretty easy, we get groceries, stop at the gas station, say hello to a neighbor, etc, none of us are totally in a bubble...esp. with this Omicron, masks alone don't shield us completely, they know that, otherwise it wouldn't be spreading like wildfiire.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

its what I will go thru near the end. But then i have enough to struggle with now. 

I know, right!

My Dish network equipment went out, they're supposed to come out today, we'll see if they show with all this new snow we got last night.  I told them about the storm, high winds, snow, etc, but customer service never listens.  I spent 2 1/2 hours dealing with them last night.  They told me it'd cost me $95, I threatened to switch (of course I'd have to pay a $1,542.61 cancelation fee as I just renewed two year contract, but I didn't mention that) to another company after 12 years of being a loyal customer so they said they'll do it this one time!  :D  Then I'll have to cancel their service protection, they didn't mention how much it'd be if I didn't.  Duly noted.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

Either way I will sell as-is and not be fixing things and both ways they will reduce the price accordingly.

I can hear your brother squawking now!  :D  But I don't see HIM dealing with any of this!  Tune him out...

I think the drought here should be covered by now with all the snow we've had and the forthcoming rain/floods predicted, ugh.  What IS a normal winter, anyway?  Maybe I should have stayed in Phoenix and just paid for A/C?  Except I would miss the beauty, neighbors, no crime, wildlife, etc. here...there's that.  Tradeoffs everywhere, the trick is figuring out what's important to yourself.

Good luck on getting rid of all of the stuff, that seems to me the hard part about moving, I have no strength or help to do it.
Maybe I'll die here...if I can only survive and hang on until then!  I'd do anything for Kodie.

Sounds like my last rent house. Went through some hard times in that place. As long as youre safe and comfortable then its home. Odd sometimes where life leads or leaves us. Just hang on and keep surviving. I read of a clear film you can get on amazon that goes over windows and insulates them. Will keep that in mind for the next place.

My body is forcing me. Ive been googling and reading and seems most likely irritated bladder and urethra. Ive gone to a strict bland diet. they say do that for a few days then 1 by 1 test foods. I tested a couple drink and it was not good. So bland diet for 12 weeks. They said it responds well to change in diet, 86% healed on its own. Of course the fear is an infection or such. I'm being good and its already better so will see. I dont miss alcohol at all. I dearly miss my Chai. I felt better early last week and tried one. Seemed fine but then later that night went bad. For now, water only, bland foods/no spice. No caffeine, alcohol, sugar, spice. milk. Its been simmered chicken and rice/noodles and vegetables. Good stuff.

I always figured they should be like our cable company. We call, they come out, they fix it no charge. The techs are awesome and im fine helping in whatever way I can. 

With all that snow the plants should be happy come Spring. Hopefully a mild summer is coming. 

We have had 3 nights in the low 20s and its hurt alot of flowers and shrubs and maybe a couple trees. Got my pumpkins a way back. Rest of the month rather nice, low 30s and high 50/60s. 

Covid is more sane here than other places I think. Some stores you wear a mask and some its a choice. I would hope we can get Ivermectin here. I've read so much of how well it works, evidenced by Japan and India. But hope I wont need it. Since I havent been well I havent gone out for weeks. this week though I need to run a couple errands. 

I'd say do the best you can. Enjoy family when you can and of course kodie. I was in the kitchen today, going through a couple cabinets I had missed. Seeing all the cute placemats Mom had. She had old greeting cards tucked in em. She saved so much. And i remembered the good times and I wonder where did it all go. I still dont fully understand my folks are gone. Then as I looked out at the yard I realized that one day, maybe soon, I too will be gone. Life is never about grasping and holding on. Its about enjoying what you have with whomever is special to you. making the most of each day, each moment...because you never know. 

Hopefully they fixed your Dish. Stay warm and take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tachi said:

Life is never about grasping and holding on. Its about enjoying what you have with whomever is special to you. making the most of each day, each moment...

I'm going to share this today, it's wise!  And a good thing to remember.

I look forward to your "Sunday posts!"  
Turns out Dish Network being out and the intermittent internet (they never did get back to me) were resolved when I had Jack come out and cut some big branches away, good to have them gone anyway as they always shed needles on the roof, don't need that!  I have such a mess in the yard to clean up come Spring between that and the high winds we hand, branches everywhere, also downed trees.  He wants to wait until the weather is nicer to do the clean up and have a burn pile.  I tried to get the worst of them out of Kodie's fence but the other half of the yard is covered, literally.  At least I have a path to get in/out of the driveway now.

Hoping I don't get Covid, went to church yesterday, I don't think it's a respecter of vaccinations and masks, but at least Omicron is milder than the Delta, not as scary!  Here you have to mask up to go into businesses.

The Dish guys tore up the asphalt at the top of my driveway, spinning out on it.  When you get stuck, you can't continue to spin!  They're from the city and don't know.  When I heard they were stuck I came out and told them to put branches behind/in front of the tires and rock onto it, THEN go for it!  (Not that I'm hurting for branches around!)  People who helped me "shovel snow" when I had a 6 ft x 4 ft x 50 ft snowpack/ice came off the double garage/shop/storage building and landed in front of it...(I dug all morning to unearth a path to the firewood, life/death!) damaged the asphalt at the bottom of the driveway as well, literally tore it up stabbing/shoveling ice.  Yikes!!  Can't afford to replace it.

Telephone wasn't working yesterday, had to report it, won't be out for eight days...this morning it was better, will see how it goes.

Sounds like the snow and winds did a number on the place. I'd enjoy the snow and pines until all that snow. Take good care of you folks and stay warm. Some people just dont know how to drive. Maybe the Dish company should fix your driveway. Now that would be a miracle. We used to keep a bag of sand in the car for the ice and snow. We got warm again, 60s today. Winter will hit next month.

Hope you dont get covid either. heard this one is easier to catch too. But for most is like a cold. I wonder if its on its way out or if it will mutate again. I guess we cant just hide forever, we have to get out. Hopefully we have access to Ivermectin here but I dont want to find out the hard way. 

Im guessing you folks have snow and ice into march? Or longer? bet you get tired of it by then. 

I got through part 3 of 7 in my course. Also did some digging on whats involved in this field. Ran across a conversation online between some hiring managers complaining about people who just take a course online and think they can get a job. Doesnt work that way despite what my bro thinks. Turns out this course teaches barebones. There are otehr disciplines that need to be learned and I will try and get those on my own. 

Still havent seen that last medical claim come throuh, nor have I gotten a notice that its been rejected. What the Ins company told me was if they file properly they'll pay it. If they dont file properly they reject it and send it back with a letter of explanation. Its up to them to fix and send it back or they dont get paid. they said it is not the estate's responsibilty to pay it just because that company cant file it properly. We will see. 

Stay safe and keep warm. Scratch Kodie behind the ear for me.

• Like 1

LOVE pine trees (my favorite!  But alas most of these are DF, Cedar, Vine Maples, and Mahogany.  The branches are mostly DF.  They were weakened by the drought and extreme heat this summer so the first heavy snow and high winds that came along, they dropped their branches, many large enough to be trees in themselves!  At least I have the driveway cleared and pathways.  And I thought I had a mess with the Feb. 24 2019 Snowpocalypse!  Took me a couple of months to clean it up!  This is worse.

4 hours ago, Tachi said:

We used to keep a bag of sand in the car for the ice and snow.

There are branches down everywhere, I had to tell them how to get themselves out...NOT by spinning in place!  :D

I had to go to the doctor in the valley yesterday and wore my big guns (best mask), didn't want to take any chances!

We have snow into the first week of April.  Unless things start changing with the climate!

We were getting bills for Bert a YEAR later!  Peggy did nothing, I had to make her call them and give his ins. info, seems the doctors dropped the ball.  When someone goes into the hospital it's amazing how many send bills for it!

Aww, Kodie, my lifesaver.  Everyone should have a Kodie!  The highlight of my day!

You take care, just keep remembering, when your brother starts in telling you what YOU should do...

"My momma always talkin' to me, tryin' to tell me how to live,
But I don't listen to her 'cause my head is like a sieve"

(Cheech and Chong)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_EP8op5rE

Hope things are a bit better up there. Still snowing? We are down in the lower 20s the next three or four nights. Luckily above freezing during the days. Boy those old trees must be huge. hats not fun. I remember the pines in Arkansas and so pretty, sounded nice with a breeze and smelled nice. I used to want to live where there were pines but doubt that will happen. 

I kinda figured dads Ins company was telling me to relax and just see if that bill goes through. It still hasnt. Will address it when and if something happens. Thats a bad thing about this situation tho. I dont know what charges there should be. So I have no way of knowing if theyre all in or if someone is trying to scam the estate. 

In a way I wish I had done the estate sale and sold the house to the flippers just to have it done. But it will be summer's end before I can even consider looking for work. Bro's 'take this course and get a job' turns out to be the biggest joke. It's a good field with lots of demand. But it draws on many disciplines so you really do need a wide rage of knowledge. I read the UX Design for dummies book. basic, but it had things and fleshed out things the course didnt cover.

I saw a blurb that england is ending all covid restrictions. I dont go out alot so not sure who requires a mask. last i went the grocery store was optional, as was UPS. The cable guy today didnt wear one, I wasn't too worried though. they're saying its run its course for now with Omicron but you never know if it mutates or what. 

Cheech and Chong lol. I remember those records, alot of good laughs. 

Was reading that we are actually entering a cold time. Supposedly the climate has fluctuated all through history and warming leads to cold periods. i guess it fluctuates. I've been hearing the same climate alarm stuff since the 70s. bad thing is that we really do need to clean up our act. But with so much screaming people cant hear. 

I wonder what Kodie thinks about the cold and snow. You think he wishes for the warmer weather? Or does he just enjoy what he has. I agree, I think he is a exceptional puppy. 

Take good care of yourself and stay warm.

• Like 1

Pines are my favorite, I love the smell as well as their beauty!  I remember when I was a little girl and my dad bought a ponderosa pine for a Christmas tree!  I thought it was the most beautiful tree I'd ever seen!  I didn't think it needed ornaments!  George and I planted some pine trees here, one survived but it's nestled in the trees so I have to physically walk over there to see it.  I have a lot of DF, cedar, mahogany, and vine maples.  I love the vine maples in the fall, one is what I call the Mama Vine Maple as it was the first one on the street been here for at least sixty years and about 60 ft. across!  My kids used to play under it and spread a picnic blanket and have their lunch!

The weather is wonderful the last week and the next, sunshine and rain, 30s at night, and 40s in the daytime.  Still waiting for the snow to melt!

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

I saw a blurb that england is ending all covid restrictions.

What?!!  Are you kidding me!  Here the number of cases surging!  Not sure the masks help with Omicron though.  Another guy at church came down with it, wish I'd known sooner before I went to town for Kodie's shots.  Took all day, today he's not feeling well.  He still wants to see Jazzy but they were gone last night, just as well, we walked instead.  I think he'd have to be on his deathbed before he'd not want to play with her!  :D  She's in heat right now, so that's a drawing factor, I'm sure.  Poor little guy can't reach her.  Iris said she felt like getting him a stepstool!

Here they require a mask everywhere except outdoors and even then if it contact with people.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

I wonder what Kodie thinks about the cold and snow.

I have never seen a dog love the snow like he does!  He SAVORS it!  A while back we were walking home in it and he flung himself on the ground, on the side of his face, and SCOOTED in it, eyes closed, just soaking it up!!!  :D  He LOVES it!!!  He much prefers cold to heat.

That's interesting that a dummies book would touch on things the course didn't!  

Peggy was getting medical bills a YEAR after Bert died!  She just threw them away.  I told her to CALL them and tell them the ins. info, obviously there was a breakdown between the hospital and them or they would have billed them already!  Some in collections already!  I'm sure they were grateful to get it and it is good to clear things up.  A lot of ins. companies require the bill within a year.

I still remember the pines in Arkansas on vacations. Way they sounded, smelled, walking on the carpet of pine needles. They do make nice Christmas trees. Nice that one you two planted is still growing. Vine maple, sounds like a landmark tree. Thats really nice to have things like that around. Lends a sense of place, an attachment to place. Special.

That ive read and heard

several countries inc england and ireland dropping all covid restrictions. CDC admitted masks dont work. they also admitted that natural immunity was much better than the vaxx. things we've known all along that they refuted. Supposedly, many states are dropping covid restrictions as well. Im keeping a grain of salt though.

Poor Kodie, if only he were taller. he must have an adventurist spirit. Guess it helps living where he does. Ive seen vidoes of dogs doing that in the snow, must be great fun. 

I think United Health requires they file within 90 days, which they did. It's still not processed yet so i wonder if they filed it wrong. 

I went full bland diet and felt tons better. Then tried one thing at a time carefully. My stomach feels somewhat like the pre-ulcer I had when i went through my divorce. My urinary tract has settled down. I cant have alcohol, coffee in any form, hot cocoa, spicy foods, etc etc etc. I thought it was the caffeine and tried decaf cappuccino....still hurt from that. 

I sent an email to the jury pool today asking to be excused from service, hope to hear tomorrow. Not alot of hope but have to ask. Cant go with these issues and dont have insurance for a doctor and tests. So if they want me i'll defer it and hope it evens out in the mean time.

How is Peggy doing? I guess with all the snow you get to stay at home for a bit. 

Havent been keeping track of covid here, dont even watch the news. theres been so many lies. From what I read covid is 98% omicron which is generally mild like a cold. Tho for the vulnerable it can be serious. Ive also read some countries admitting they have overinflated the covid death count. If someone had covid it was counted as the cause of death even if it wasnt the cause. Crazy times.

Hoping your snow melts, even though Kodie would want snow for awhile. guess you folks will get plenty more. Take good care.

• Like 1

I had to go on a bland diet when I had my gallbladder out, had IBS.  Disappeared when I went on Keto.  I never did give up coffee 100%, but cut way back.  So glad to be over it, it's hard.  My sister Polly has a problematic digestive system after the doctor destroyed her gut with four heavy duty antibiotics at once.  I make sure to eat yogurt every day and 1 Tbsp hummus, good for gut, also take probiotics since the gallbladder was out, over seven years ago. 

Doesn't seem much of anything can be done to keep from getting Omicron but they're still touting the N94 or N95 masks.  Even saying to double up!  I'm not doubling, can barely breathe with one on!

Peggy doesn't have a caregiver, I've suggested a couple but she does nothing.  She's okay for now but it's a matter of time.  She's never proactive.

Snow is mostly melted excepting places that never get the sun or where there's been piles shoveled, I have big mounds of it still.  Am picking up limbs in my spare time, spend time on it every day.  Feels like it'll be from now until doomsday before I get it done!

I've been careful to quarantine after going to church before going to see Peggy which is hard.  She has a ride to the doctor here this morning for bloodwork.

She finally got a mailbox put up so doesn't have to pay Beverly $20 to bring her mail to her!  It was outrageous.  I asked her what she got...Spectrum and another ad. :D  I told her, "Aren't you glad you didn't pay $20 for that?!"  Beverly is done.  She never did any work, only tossed out t.v.s we can't get rid of now (garbagemen won't take them and now they're full of rain) and tried to sell Bert's stuff Peggy told her not to.  No housework, cooking, errands, etc.  Wouldn't even read Peggy the directions to her new vacuum when Peggy couldn't see!

I tried half instant cappuccino and half hot cocoa and was ok. tried it again yesterday and it was not good. no more experimenting. I havent had problems with food. But then i eat a clean diet anyway. Its just the alcohol and any form of tea or coffee/caffeine. i drink water, kool-aid and chamomile tea and thats it. 

I never thought about gall bladder, wheres that at? It really does feel like my old ulcer as far as stomach swelling a little and not really pain but it feels swollen. It feels like bladder else upper tract maybe prostrate but as long as I can behave and it chills out will see what I can do.

Wow, sad the doctor did that to Polly. Does she have bad trouble? Thats why I dont trust doctors or anyone really in the medical field. 

I have read so many studies that the masks we all use dont work. But I think the surgical ones help. Its hard to know reliable info. I just go do what I need to do. 

Poor Peggy. She will wait until theres a problem then suddenly need a caregiver. I hope and pray she stay safe and well.

Your yard must be a mess. Can you save any of it to burn? We get an arctic front wed night and for a few days lows in the teens and highs around freezing. After last winters insanity am a bit apprehensive to see if we keep power. I have a half cord of wood if it goes.

I think I will sell the house thru a realtor. I assumed the atty was talking about 'flipping' the house and if thats right they wont give me enough. Was recommended to talk to Redfin. It will add more on my shoulders but no choice I think to use a realtor. I wont really have much for repairs but have to get a couple things fixed and then really clean it up. Here in a couple weeks will try and find a estate sale company. 

Good that Peggy has you. She would be so lost otherwise. 

So how is Kodie doing? has he stopped growing yet? If he were a bit bigger you could training him to pull a sled with firewood on it. 

Sounds like Beverly would be great working at walmart. She could stand at customer service and ignore people, she'd be great. 

I saw a post on twitter asking why men dont dress stylish anymore. Good question. I've always just dressed for comfort or the occasion. I'm a simple man after all. But a valid comment. So I did some searches and came up with a style idol of Cary Grant.  Stylish yet basic. I don't have alot to spend but im getting a few things. When i need to dress up a bit I can. I cant find them but I always liked the baggy suits from the 40s and 50s. I'm too old for the skinny pants and suits lol.

Was looking in an old metal box, never thought much of it. found several albums of bvery old family pictures. Some people I knew and some not. Mom and dad when they were in school, Great grandma and Grandpa on my moms side. her brother Chester whom I met once. Anyway, lots of old pics. There is a gap for me between seeing them and some meories and understanding fully they are gone forever. Same with my folks. I know and I understand and altho i have many regrets I know that does no good and I must accept they are gone. maybe just having such a big piece of life removed is taking longer than expected. Maybe better if i sell the house and get a new place and if I can get a job that can support me. 

Gee, sorry, I went on a bit. 

Take good care of yourself. And Kodie too of course. You folks stay warm.

• Like 1