Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

So do you have the Advantage plan? thats what dad had from united and aarp. they were good. The bit of reading ive been doing they say you get either regular medicare or an Advantage. If you get a regular you may need a medigap. So maybe I should say i will get either a regular medicare or an advantage plan. And if I go advantage will have to look at what they have. If I go a regular then will need a medigap but probably couldnt afford one. Thats why i'll be looking at what you suggest and if there are ways of getting help paying for it as I will be out of work still.

Decided to remove the Fall hearth from the front door yesterday, but the wasps too offence and I got stung on the cheek. the nest is gone and a few are dead. But the survivirs keep coming back to where it was. Guessing there is a scent they are attracted too. I sprayed bleach on it and if that doesnt work maybe repaint.

Supposed to get alot of rain over four days. we goy 15 minutes today and thats it. I have greatly enjoyed the cooler temps tho.

How is your son and family doing? Are they taking anything?

Sad about the ex's wife. guess she's jealous. Life is too short for that but then she's human. It seems we have so much to understand and to overcome. We face so many challenges.

Got a call from the elctric company's corp office. She wanted to make sure all was ok. they will not charge dad a early disconnect fee and will not charge him a final bill. They havent billed him since march so if this is true will save his estate near a thousand bucks. 

Still havent heard about his taxes. Wonder if they sent it and I missed it.

How is kodie doing? I wonder if he has a preference for winter or summer or if he's just happy with all the seasons.

Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

I looked into different plans, United Health (yes, Advantage) has good coverage and covers better than Medicare, the disadvantage to them is you go to "in network" providers  rather than just anyone, but so far I haven't ran across anyone they don't cover!  1-800-711-6088 You could ask them for an agent in your area to talk to.  Their customer service is wonderful (which I can't say about my previous insurance). I did a lot of asking around before deciding to go with them, I'm so glad I did!

My XH's wife is on her fourth marriage and never gotten counseling for her hurts/traumas so she's carrying and reacting to a lot of past baggage she's accumulated.  She projects onto me everything she's been through in life.  She doesn't even know me.  She actually does that to everyone, she's isolated herself, our kids aren't allowed there, neither is his entire family (which is a great family, I should know, I was in it for 23 years).  None of us have ever done anything to her but she hates us all.  Life is too short to live like this.  My ex was always very social and dealing with her has basically cut him off from everyone, he's no longer going to church to please her, I never thought I'd see the day, he's been in that church for 45 years and it was his life.

My son is taking care of his wife, kids, cooking, taking care of the dogs, taking his pilots license (ground) and working from home, all while supposedly recovering from Covid!  I'm worried about him, needless to say.  He's someone who never takes a pill so I highly doubt it.  His wife never talks with me so I have no idea about her taking anything, the only time I hear from her is if she wants me to babysit.  The last communication I had with her was her telling me to come take care of the kids Thurs/Fri last week when my son actively had Covid (which she left out)!  From now on before making the long drive over there I need to hear from my SON beforehand!  I cannot trust her to not endanger me.

I talked to my older sister last night, she didn't know my XH was on as co-executor or that the bills couldn't be paid until it goes through due process (earliest being Sept/Oct if no hangups).  She didn't know about all Peggy's bill collectors calling ME or my BP over her death.  She has a better inkling of what I've been through for two months.  She has super high anxiety so it's hard to talk to her, she doesn't listen and then gets mad and says I talk too fast, I think her brain isn't processing the same as it used to...it hasn't helped she's been shut in for two years, worried about Covid.

16 hours ago, Tachi said:

Got a call from the electric company's corp office. She wanted to make sure all was ok. they will not charge dad a early disconnect fee and will not charge him a final bill. They haven't billed him since march so if this is true will save his estate near a thousand bucks. 

Wow, this is amazing!  No such luck with Peggy's utility company!  They keep hounding me even though they know we can't access her bank account until Sept/Oct. to pay her bills.

I would have to say Kodie prefers snow to heat, being as he's built for it with so much fur, but dogs take it as it comes.  He seems unfazed by rain or anything.  We've had temps in the 70s the last few days but it's going to head back down to 40s/50s Friday on.

Sorry you got stung!  I'm allergic and used 1/2 can spray on a wasp that was very aggressive and right at my back door!  I thought he'd never die!  Looks like it'll be a bad year for it.  They're under the house, in every crevice!

I don't know what kind of wild flowers these are, found them on our walk last night.

DSCN1311.JPG

The elec company billed dads acct anyway. I asked her specifically that if there is nother bill I just ignore it and send an email and she said yes. I have sent two emails and gotten no response. If I dont hear by Monday I will send a registered letter. Today will be three days and the website says 1-2 days. So i'm guessing I will be on the hook.

The flowers are pretty, nice color and shape too. Our heatwave really hurt the flowers and seedlings, then the few days of cool and we got an inch of rain. perked them up but few blossoms. 

I havent had a doctor for years so i guess it wont matter who i go to. United sounds good but will look at costs and coverages.

I wonder why your XH is even with her, she sounds like a torment.

Your son's wife sounds like a lunatic as well. he must be a strong man. i hope he comes back to normal health soon.

Your older sister has anxiety? Sorry to hear. I have mild and at times it makes me worry to death.  Is she taking anything? I know that alot of my ex bosses had meds for theirs. maybe its a side effect with retail mgt or something. Hopefully she can remain a bit calmer.

Our cool temps are gone and now its summer again. The elec usage has been so low when I havent needed a/c or heat. But thats over too. I am trying to use fewer lights, only do laundry and dishes when I have to and save on water as well. 

I bet Kodie does like the cold then, all that fur. He's a pretty happy puppy i'll bet. Must be fun for him to be in nature instead of stuck in a big city.

Theres one or two wasps that keep coming back to the door. I keep spraying with water, insect spray, bleach, lysol. Today i sprayed the door with bleach. I guess they left a scent and they want to build again. Ive seen alot around back and front. maybe thats our next plague, wasps and hornets. 

lawnmower wont run now. had a look and dont see anything wrong. have no interest in taking it all apart so ordered a cheap electric. Oh boy, hope this works.

Hope it settles down for you two. We all need to find some peace. I stood in the backyard last night and watched the clouds and stars and it was so soothing. I really should take my laptop out on the patio at night. Wherever I move to I hope I have access to a yard or a balcony.

I think i'll go fix dinner. you take good care of yourself and kodie. 

14 hours ago, Tachi said:

United sounds good but will look at costs and coverages.

It costs the same as Medicare so you pay nothing extra that you wouldn't have to pay.  It's an alternative to regular Medicare but it covers Rxs, eyes, some even dental.  I need to look into that being as I can't have my dentist anymore anyway, only Advantage Dental is for the birds, went there one time and the hygienist spent TEN MINUTES on my teeth!  Mine takes 1- 1 1/2 hours!  

My XH can't be alone, goes from one to the other without interviewing (dating)!  This last time he got stuck.  He should have treated me well, I'd still be there, his whole family says what a great wife/person I am!  Since he's on wife #4 he doesn't want another divorce.  I say life is too short!  Learn and move on.  Living in peace is more important than what others think.  But he was always big on impressions.  Sad.  Oh well...

Is she taking anything?

I think she took herself off of it, God knows why.  Can't tell my sisters anything!  She should have quadrupled the dosage, not taken herself off of it!  Makes it hell to pay for the rest of us.  It's my mom's anxiety on steroids!  I have it too, that's why I researched it and came up with Buspirone (Buspar), low dosage, I've been on it since 2008 with no side effects, it's mild and isn't an SSRI (which I did NOT want!), doesn't alter your brain.  My doctor agreed.  (If my current one has an opinion, he hasn't stated it.  Not that I care what he thinks, he hasn't earned my respect yet.)  It doesn't fully remove my anxiety but it takes the edge off so I can better cope.

I stood in the backyard last night and watched the clouds and stars and it was so soothing.

I was walking Kodie last night and heard a beautiful songbird!  I looked up and saw a NW Tanninger!  They come through once a year so it's a rarity to see them!  They are gorgeous!  Yellow with a red head, some blue and green, it was the most colorful I've seen!  That was such a rare treat!  I have seen them when out on my patio but don't always catch the once a year moment!  

Iris called last night, right after I ate dinner, asked us over, OMG, I didn't have to mention it twice to Kodie!  It'd been 12 days since he'd seen her!  He had "happy ears" all the way down there (when erect ears lay back against the head)!  They played hard for an hour!  Iris is a hugger but Mike even gave me one last night!  It was so nice as he's never done that before.

I had to build a fire again, it's just been so cold, the heater doesn't cut it.  Will have one until Tuesday, then it's to hit 70 again.

My grass is grown too much, Jack didn't show Saturday or last night like he'd said, he mentioned his son is coming this week, maybe he'll do it?  Jack does a better job and since I never know if/when they're coming, I can't tell Joseph what to do as I may not be here when he shows up.  Ugh, not the same.  I guess all I can do is call back if something's left undone.  I'd call my sister's gardner but he's three times the cost!  I can't afford that.

Have feral kitty hanging around, I fed him some home canned tuna the last two days.  I put it on parchment paper on a tray and froze it so it won't go bad, stuck it in a freezer bag so I can pull out a chunk and defrost in microwave when he shows up.  I decided to call him Panther if he keeps hanging around as he moves like one.  He's very leery.  He wants to trust me but doesn't.  Doesn't help that Kodie growls at him.  He's not thrilled with this whole idea!  He remembers how mean Kitty was to him (she was dying and didn't feel good).  He's curious about cats but doesn't seem to understand how to get along with them (ignore them).  It keeps meowing at me (from it's distance), kind of makes me feel for him.  Not sure if he'll ever warm up.  None of the neighbors want him around.  He's beautiful, orange, large.  I think it's a he, not pregnant, ears aren't clipped, makes me wonder his background, if he's really feral or abandoned?  People drop them off up here when they're tired of them.

I'm so sorry about your lawnmower!  I got rid of mine, the riding and push one both broke down and no one in town works on them anymore and they're too heavy for me to load up on the truck anyway.  I have a manual one but the grass is too high/thick to use it!  It's more for touch ups in between mowings.

Kodie gave me a huge scare this week, chewed into his crackle toy and ingested a foreign substance that doesn't break down in the body (it should be illegal to sell as a dog toy!) saw it in his  poop the next day (I had tossed the toy away) it was very long and scared me because I knew it could easily cause a blockage and didn't know if ALL of it had passed through!  The next day a bit more appeared in his stools.  The following day he would NOT poop!  I walked him at least three times, 3 1/2 hours altogether!  Finally on our way home that night he pooped, no foreign substance.  It was better than Christmas for me!  I was so relieved!  

No idea if/when my son will reschedule coming, my granddaughter's birthday party was moved to June 4 from Memorial Day.  So no plans this weekend.
My dinner last night! 90-second Keto Bread, chicken patty (no breading), low carb BBQ sauce, tomato, avocado, lettuce, cheese, it was so good and very filling!  Will have another tonight or tomorrow.

DSCN1314.JPG

I also got my lilacs trimmed, picked a large bouquet of them, the house smells fragrant now.

DSCN1315.JPG

• Like 1

wow, very nice sandwich and the Lilacs are lovely. You eat well and very healthy.

dads uhc plan was very good to him. American really beefed it up. Im ordering two books on medicare...:(

Your ex blew it. Cant just grab one and go. Like you say he is paying for his foolishness. My best friend's ex had problems and she ended up leaving. To this day her parents treat him as a son. they thanked him for trying. My ex was kinda same. She had issues that didnt come out til after we got married. After we divorced I moved away. last time we talked she told me she made a huge mistake. not to me, I dodged a bullet.

I wouldnt want any heavy drugs either. Sure could use some help most days but I dont want it to change me. In a way I want to fix myself. I think its doable if I get my behind going.

Sounds like a pretty bird. i bet you get some nice ones. I have the feeder up and get a squirrel, big dove and some chickadees etc. Will miss the birds. The wrens would sit outside on the back of a chair and stare in right at my Mom.

Iris and mike sounds like they missed you. And kodie got some play time, sounds good all the way around. 

yards get expensive. Hope they can get to it. dads old mower died. Oil gasket blew and all the oil drained out. I ordered a cheap electric one from amazon and when it got to the post office for delvery they lost it. So got a refund and ordered same one from walmart. Post office is always losing packages.

I have always liked cats. kinda leery of wild ones tho, maybe he will relax in time. Mom didnt like cats. When she was in the cradle one lay on her face and almost smothered her. Funny how out of nowhere I remember another story. 

Isnt it crazy they put that junk in a dog toy. Thats very dangerous, You should write them.

many years ago I dated a girl from central Tx. her Mom told me a story. Their old cat liked human food. so the dad gave it a slice of bologna with the edge still on. Well in a couple days that string started slowly coming out. dad thought he would help and tried pulling it out. poor cat went up the walls. So for several days their cat was walking around with this bologna casing string coming out his behind. Poor cat.

Glad Kodie is ok.

Ive been eating chicken cooked tender, potatoes or noodles and mixed veges. Vanilla wafers and water or koolaid and pears. I havent been sick. So what makes me sick is caffeine, alcohol, black or green tea. basically anything but water and koolaid. What i dont get is why chamomille tea makes me sick. Oh well. 

Hopefully your son and family can visit, i know that would be really nice. 

Supposed to get rain in a couple hours, wont happen. 

Got my elec set up in my name. lady from their corp office called me and we fixed it. She also said they wouldnt bill Dads acct for the last couple months. they hadnt billed in 3 months. they probably wouldnt if I hadnt asked. Well they billed it anyway. Finally got ahold of her again and she reiterated the bill will go away, she coded it up as paid. We shall see. I trust nothing and no one.

I think tomorrow I will make some tacos for a change. 

part of my problem with staying in this house, even IF i could afford it but I cant...Too many memories here. It reminds me and I run thru the rough times of the past couple years with dad and with how Mom passed. Thats my strongest memory of my folks is the bad times. It will be so as long as im here. i think once I move and IF I can get a job it will get better as I form a life again.

take good care and scratch kodie for me. 

• Like 1

Paul came and brought his 3 1/2 month old Golden Retriever puppy, Murray, he's very sweet but energy wise, over the top, no off switch, Kodie slept 24 hour except his walk & playdate following their departure!  They will be good buds when Murray calms down a bit, may be a while.  He has massive paws/legs!  He's going to be huge.  They are great family dogs.

Paul said my bypass door and rope and chimney and combustor need replaced from getting too hot and warping.  Not good news...$$$.  I had a hard time making it work for me this winter, it burned too hot and went through too much wood!  
He also replaced my bathroom light and several outlets (one had wires that had started to burn!) and showed me how to tell if they're going bad.  He checked out the generlink/generator and it works fine, the neighbor must not have set it up right.  Now I know you have to do a couple of extra steps on both ends plugging it in, one you pull back and it should click, the other you twist after plugging it in so they maybe have a built in protection.  Good to know!  He also fixed my sink stopper, didn't buy a different one, he did a work around, hard to explain, took something out of the side of the pipe near the top under the sink, moved the ball it rests againsts so it rests on something else, put it back (rod is gone) and it stays in place now and goes up and down!  I love how he visualizes how everything works and figures things out, he didn't even move anything under the sink, he didn't get on his hands and knees, he went by feel!  He even tightened the wires on my cheese slicers!  He heated the molding behind the wood stove (ceiling) and nailed into place.  Turns out they were never nailed into wood before, just stapled to the crap the ceiling is made of, which doesn't hold.  He painted the stains from a bygone ceiling leak as I'm scared of getting up there at my age esp. near a hot wood stove.  He also brought two used chairs that match my dining room set and took them apart and swapped out parts so I could have good chairs again...Arlie had chewed the legs in 2009 when he was a puppy and I discovered a heavy friend cracked the back on one, the newer ones had bad backs so will live with that, as long as no one 350 lbs sits there it'll hold.  I was his assistant, fetching things, disposing of things, etc, all while keeping an eye on the dogs. ;) Anyway, he more than earned the meals I cooked for him!  (I love cooking and having him here so that was the fun part.) They were here 22 hours and then on his way.  He's not contagious but still not up to par from having Covid.  This Sat. is my granddaughter's birthday party so Melissa and I will go there.  Kodie will get worn out with Murray again!  :D

I'm watching Jazzy today as Mike and Iris have to go to the valley to a doctor's appt. and get groceries.

Jack showed up yesterday, mowed, weed whacked, trimmed bushes and cut a small tree down (they were encroaching on my fence), still has one bush I'd like cut back from it.  He cleaned the gutter, blew off the roof and cleaned the chimney, also the grate in front of the carport...it stinks to high heaven now so it must have had debris rotting in there, never had it smell like that before.  Anyway, it feels good to have it done.  I don't know what it cost as I had to leave to a mtg. before he was done and he hasn't got back to me yet, it'll be a pretty penny as he was here most of the day, plus brought a load of firewood.

My friend (paralegal) is working on filling out the last set of documents for Melissa's divorce, when I saw them, I was overwhelmed!  I thought I'd have to hire a lawyer to do them!  She's going to try to efile them today, I'm crossing my fingers/legs/eyes and sending up prayers that this is it!  I've never seen so many documents need filed in a "simple" divorce with no property or kids!  Maybe it's just me but it seems the gov't is making everything harder nowadays.

Did you get your new lawnmower from WM yet?  I order from them and Amazon, more from WM, whichever is cheaper, but it's easy to return on WM or get a refund, well, most of the time anyway.

I took Kodie with me to the meeting yesterday and he was an angel, he got lots of compliments on how good he was.  I kind of feel like he's my companion dog, he definitely eases my stress/anxiety.  He's such a sweetheart!  I rewarded him by taking him to the park to sniff/pee on everything. ;)  Will give him a belly rub for you! :D

I hope you have a good day today!   Weather is in the 70s but will drop to 60s this week.  Last year it was over 100 in June!

Made some chili, made my ulcer hurt, no more chili or spicy. Im fine with my chicken or some fried spam and some veges and fruit. Tried Lemon Ginger tea again and it hurt pretty good, no more tea of any kind. I want my Chai bad but its not worth the pain.

Got the mower early. like it very much, the bag is too small but it cuts well and is light weight. the lawn is dieing and i have no idea why. I also dont have money to fix plus is too hot now. Only thing I can think of is some light fertilizer.

Murray sounds like a good puppy. Retriever are sweet.

Good thing Paul checked things out. he sounds pretty handy too. What does he do for a living. Sounds like he would make a good engineer. My dad was like that. Good at visualising things and loved tinkering. I was alwasy afraid of breaking things or getting blamed even if I didnt break it.

I bet it was very nice cooking for him again and having all the company. I hate that families move apart, except for my brother.Too bad they dont live closer.

Sounds like Jack earned his pay. Good getting things done. Seems its never finished though. I guess thats life.

Good wishes for Melissa. Yes, the govt for many years has intruded more and taken more power. I dont know what that makes me but I cant play the two party politics game anymore. To me its two sides of the same greedy coin. I was lucky when I got my divorce. One of Dad's friends was an atty, very nice man. The Ex filed and paid the $100 fee and Mr White had one meeting with me where I signed the papers, was easy.

Im dieing laughing. Kodie gets rewarded by going to the park to sniff/pee on everything. I guess thats true but sounds funny. 

Its summer again. We had a nice surprise of a few cool days and one day got two inches of rain. Not that it helped my lawn. I just dont think it soaks in and the roots must not be growing deep. At this point I will probably have to take some money from the estate sale this Fall and have the lawn fixed. 

Still waiting on dads taxes to be done. They think this week. Still waiting for the electric company to zero out dads final bill as promised. I contacted the lady again and she said she submitted a request to drop all charges, we will see. 

Will send some garden pics as soon as its a bit bigger. My corn is growing as well as a few flowers I cant remember what I planted and some beans and pumpkins.  I was able to fill a big trashcan with rainwater for the plants. Probably wont see rain again for months. 

Well, im done studying for the day so i think i'll do some reading. take good care and tell Kodie I said hi.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

Good thing Paul checked things out. he sounds pretty handy too. What does he do for a living. Sounds like he would make a good engineer.

:D He's a triple engineer!  Mechanical, Computer, Electrical.  I had him pegged for an engineer when he was two.  His dad taught him things until he was 14, at which time we got a divorce, but his dad didn't know anything about computers then and hated mechanics, he was more into woodworking.  He had aptitude but not desire.  Paul could have owned an auto repair and been happy with it.  He works for Garmin, is the youngest Project Manager they've had, deals with people internationally.  He took his pilot ground test when he was down with Covid, he was very sick but he passed.  Always thinking.  Linear thinker.  But he pictures things in his mind too, like when he fixed my sink stopper in the bathroom, instead of getting on his hands and knees with a flashlight, he leaned down and did it by feel!  Your dad sounds like he has similar aptitude.  Paul was the Commencement Speaker at his college graduations (4.0) and Valedictorian at his High School graduation.  He graduated without $ help from anyone and came out not owing any college debts.  Very smart!  I can't boast the same. ;)

Paul will come back to check out the wood stove when it doesn't have a fire, he said the bypass door is warped from heat and it needs a new rope, plus the combustor needs replaced, also he wants to put in a chimney that (inside) expands/contracts as this one warped from the weight of the snow.  This will cost me a pretty penny.

I had to repaint the dog pen & front porch in areas as the paint didn't hold last year.  Paul said there was probably pollen on it, I brushed it real well first.  The painter was supposed to but probably cut corners there because it was the tail end.  So long as he did the house right!  I had to touch up the front door too as it had brush strokes on it, needed another coat.

Always something around places!  I think Paul would be happy to see me safely inside an apt. where someone else did all the upkeep, but I need Kodie's fence/yard, and besides, the exercise is good for me!  I've already had to cut out yard work since five years ago when I fell and injured my knees/toes.  My hands couldn't take it now either.

I'm sorry to hear about the lawn dying.  My neighbors just rototilled their front yard and scattered wildflowers everywhere instead of grass, can't wait to see them grow!

The paralegal filed Melissa's final document (8 or 9 in all!) nine pages long, she didn't list Don's middle name and put his age as 39, he was 40, turns 41 today!  I hope they don't catch it and it goes through, we're on pins and needles waiting...

It's been five years since he first left her, over five since he told her, right after she lost their baby.  I'm disgusted.  He can move on with his partying life, she needs closure.  II know he truly loved her at one time, it's made it really hard for her to trust, he didn't change until he started drinking.

I'm so sorry the chile hurt you!  I miss that.  I can't have the beans but could TX style except my mysterious throat condition that has my tongue inflamed just escalated with a vengeance.  I may have to have a scope/biopsy after all.  I seriously hoped Keto would work its magic as it has on everything else.  Not sure what set it off.  Makes me wonder if the allergy specialist was wrong.  I have searched and searched the internet and come up empty.  My friend's had this two years ten months, still no answers.  It has my blood sugar up again, as well as my platelets.

BTW, I saw this way of doing chicken legs, thought it interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/reel/689350182295131

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

I cant remember what I planted and some beans and pumpkins. 

It'll be a surprise! :D

Today 104 and tomorrow 105 then 98-102 for two weeks. My grass wont survive this. At least the new mower works well. The corn and beans are coming up and some flowers and pumpkins. Some cool days with rain sure help.

Paul is a treasure. isnt it wonderful how some people just seem to have a talent inside and it grows and grows. yes, there's always something that needs doing. having alot of wasps this summer. had to break down for a can of spray but it works well. 

I really hate hiring people. they seem good up front but never know how they will do. the company Dad used to come do fixit stuff was very overpriced. they knew how to work people, esp dad. When he needed his toilet fixed they talked him into replacing mine as well. They 'just happened' to have two $800 toilets on his truck, so dad wanted the best. he didnt understand that he way overpaid. His toilet is a strong flush but mine just a regular toilet and not worth the price. 

Kodie would probably be alot happier staying where he is. Seems like a dog's dream. Might be safer for you in an apt, heat and a/c be better. But im sure you'd rather be where you are as well. I would think few want to leave the house theyve been in for some time.

Hope melissa's papers go through. Thats a long time to wait to get that settled. Wow, thats alot of pages too. Our legal system has become bloated. 

the electric company finally completely zero'd out dads bill. That will be a big help. i just don't trust any company. the bigger they are the less I trust.

I posted on Reddit in the group for FtWorth asking a good company to contact about buying Dad's tools. I got two people asking if they can make an offer. I realised these could be anyone and I dont want them at the house. Somehow, I feel safer if a legit company came out and looked and made an offer. he has some heavy and bulky tools as well as a wall full. I need to see what I need to keep but want to get rid of the rest. 

I hope you repainted the dog pen a nice color. Like they say, 'if you want it done right you have to do it yourself'. yes the exercise is good. Funny how it feels better getting outside and doing things. 

Still no call from my brother. I send emails periodically and no answer. He thinks im getting a job when I finish these studies. I have told him several times no one will hire me because of my age. No one will hire me because I wont have a degree in this. I will do my best and maybe get lucky. But will count on pulling SSat 66 and 6. So I still need to wait a year I guess. If all goes well with the house that should cover me for a few years. Housing market here is softening a bit and they say will drop soon. I have my hands full just with studies and doing a few things around the house. 

Sorry about your throat. that is an odd mystery. I wonder if its just some overlooked simple thing. have you tried keeping a diary? daily what you eat and drink, spices used. things you come in contact with etc. i wonder if one of the reserch hospitals has a forum for ENT things. Certainly you're not the first with this but its a chore finding info. https://www.verywellhealth.com/causes-of-a-sore-tongue-and-throat-5114830 found this after awhile. 

chicken legs look good, may have to try that. Almost lit the grill out back the other day. maybe another time.

Its funny but since im behaving what im drinking (water and kool aid only) that problem has gone. My stomach i'm guessing is getting used to the bland diet so anything else will upset it. So be it. I want to eat to live not live to eat. No sugar or fried etc. I do feel better.

I think i'll go crazy and do some laundry. Lol, what a exciting life I lead. Been going through tutorials learning Photoshop. Fun program. 

Take good care of yourself. Hope the throat calms down. 

• Like 1

In 1 1/2 years I've tried everything, searched and searched, wish my doctors cared a fraction as much! Thanks for looking!  I've already been through antifungal treatment, antibiotics, been tested for allergies, checked out Rxs side effects, thrush and strep go away, I have no fever, IDK, I'm at the end of my avenues, I'm stumped.  Unless it's cancer but I don't have any risk factors, to the contrary, Keto is know to cure cancer, so why would I develop it on it?  Never smoked, don't drink, etc, plus it doesn't look the same as the cancer pictures. I've tried elimination, can be nigh impossible to find out that way unless something you commonly have and still no answers.  Doesn't fit the bill of burning mouth.  I have no clue!

16 hours ago, Tachi said:

Hope the throat calms down.

You and me both!  My tongue looks badly inflamed.

I hear you on gov't/bureaucracy!  I checked on Peggy's house, they've shut off the electricity, wouldn't wait for us to get access to bank account (Sept/Oct) even though she lived there 50 years and always paid her bill on time.  She has a freezer full of food, that ought to be fun to get out of there rotted!  Since Mick has taken over I have no idea when they shut it off or what they've said.

Ha, I did my laundry last night!

I hear you on age discrimination, it's why I had to retire so early, took a penalty for life, it was recession too.  After looking full time for a year, I knew it was no use.  And I don't even look my age!  My last boss was an idiot so God know how his verbal references went...I saved his business, kept him from prison, so much more!  

I hope you find a company who can help you with the tools.  Mick's plan is to sign a contract with a company for estate sales.

I can't think of what its called. But there are doctors and hospitals and centers that specialize in things like this that doctors cant fix. maybe research hospital. Only down side would be finding one close enough to drive or fly to. Other thought is a forum for such things that they cant find a cure for. maybe find people who have been through the same thing.

We are at or near 100 every day and for the enxt two weeks. Rumor is the electric grid will be going down. They dont take care of it and no one has had the idea to strengthen it with a few new power plants. I will be curious to see what my elec and water bills will be. The corn is slowly growing and the pumpkins are doing well. One plant has leaves bigger than my hand. I'll load up some pics later.

Wow, cant believe they shut off the electric, companies are just about clueless. If nothing else the food could have been donated, oh well. It's funny too as i'm studying how things should be designed to provide good experiences for people, how large companies get it so wrong. 

My plan now unless there's a miracle is to survive on the proceeds from the house and file for SS at 66 and 6. I'll look for any kind of work as long as it doesnt interfere with SS. Maybe i'll get lucky and work from home. It's going to be an interesting couple years.

I saw something today i've never seen before. A couple of BIG bright deep red dragonflies. just beautifull. They kept wanting to sit on the pole for the birdfeeder. We dont get dragonflies or fireflies or anything like them. But we do get hummingbirds usually. havent seen any this summer. maybe its too hot or theres not enough food.

Take good care of yourself and Kodie, hope he is well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tachi said:

find people who have been through the same thing.

I know two already, friends of mine, no one knows anything.  I've searched and searched...  I have checked all Rxs, Dr. Google has exhausted my continual search, knows of nothing more.  Been tested for allergies (although I'm not convinced as they don't test everything!), compared notes...all three of us on inhalers, but I discontinued mine 15 months ago.  Unless the side effects are LONG TERM, I don't know, it doesn't say.  As long as it doesn't kill me or worsen, I've already lived with this 1 1/2 years.  Unfortunately inflammation has risen my platelets out of the normal ranged and increased my blood sugar, as it stresses my body.

100!  It's been a high of 50s here, supposed to get into the 70s this week, maybe summer really is coming here?  Not complaining, I do NOT like high temperatures!!!  Remembering how horrible last summer was, esp. with fire evacuations and threat of losing our homes, it was scary to go through.  This year I can't go to my daughter's and my sister is traveling Europe so can't go there.

9 hours ago, Tachi said:

A couple of BIG bright deep red dragonflies. just beautiful

I LOVE dragonflies!  What a gift!  I've seen blue ones here, don't remember red ones.  I saw a praying mantis on my front door once and also mating on the side of my house, that was years ago, it was a special gift too!  I've been getting hummingbirds regularly.

Panther Kitty has been coming around this week, I bought some cat food, he's a chowhound!  He can be an expensive feral kitty.  He's taken to sleeping on the porch swing, it has a soft blanket on it.  I prefer that to his climbing on my car, which he also likes to do to get into the rafters.  I left my car out of the carport last night so he'd leave it alone.  Not a solution long term though.

Got my will done, living will, medical instructions, POA, etc, 19 pages in all, need to get copies made this week for the kids and add my son onto my bank account as signer.  One thing Peggy's affairs have taught me is GET THEM IN ORDER!  I guess I'm getting that age you think about things...

Today it's been 17 years since I lost my sweet George, it was June 19 2005, also Father's Day that year too.  I miss him beyond belief.  I realize grief has a beginning, but not an ending, we just learn to carry it.  I hope today isn't too hard for you, the first Father's Day without your dad. :wub:

GeorgeInCoat.jpg

• Like 1

George looks like such a good man. I know its difficult. You were blessed to have had him in your life. You will be with him again one day.

It's strange here because there are memories that you cant escape. I often consider how I should have done things much better. Then i remind myself that it's all over. just trying to stay focused for whats to come. 

Today was 104 and tomorrow 102 then 90s for a few days before back to 100s. This is unseasonable hot and I hope the summer isnt like this all the way through. yep, I love Fall the best then Spring. My pumpkins wont make it because I wont water them every day. I put them in full afternoon sun and thats a bad idea. The best growers here get morning sun then shade the rest of the day. Wherever I move to will miss having a garden.

What I havent seen in forever as well are fireflies. last saw them when I was a kid in Ohio. I remember playing at Grandma's house in massillon, small rural america...and so many fireflies. She had a rose garden out back sloping down to a stream. My uncle gave her a truckload of manure for her birthday every year to work into the garden.

I guess Panther kitty has taken over. maybe he will keep the varmints away.

Glad you have things in order. It's a good idea at an early age. Keep things in order.

I need to finish. After the house is sold and its all done....and hoping there arent any doctors or hospitals sending late bills...i'll leave it in my accts . I made my best friend beneficiary and told him if he doesnt hear from me for a month to see if im gone. Then he can claim it. But honestly i dont care. There is no one that I need to provide for. I wonder if my brother has a Will and all that. Or a life ins policy or any way to provide for his wife. I dont know what she is supposed to do when he's gone. Boy what a somber note. 

Take good care of yourself and enjoy the nice temperatures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

This is unseasonable hot

I hope it doesn't last, we used to only get 90s once in a while, last year it was hundreds most of the summer, reaching 124, unheard of in OR!  I have a photo of it and it wasn't in the sun, it was away from the house.

We're in the 90s today/tomorrow, will be glad when it lowers, I wilt in the heat, ugh!

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

My uncle gave her a truckload of manure for her birthday every year

Haha, this gave me a chuckle!  Sounds weird but to a gardener, a huge blessing!  My mom loved gardening, she had a green thumb like her dad, I guess I missed that gene, ha!  But I can sure appreciate someone else's handiwork!  I enjoy Iris & Mike's every day, it has the most beautiful property on the street, always shaded on the deck and yard where the dogs play, lots of trees, they have their own gorge and waterfall, it's so quiet and peaceful, I love it!  They plan to live out their days there!  They have a spare foundation one of their kids wants to build a tiny house on and will be there for them in their old age.  It looks like it might mar the view, but better option for them overall considering it'd spare them moving when they're incapacitated.  They have great kids, they really do.

I watched Jazzy yesterday while they went to the hardware store, her and Kodie played really hard and then she climbed into her kennel, 5 min. before I'd planned on leaving!  She is getting so obedient.

I've cut back on feeding Panther Kitty to 2/3 cup twice/day, he would eat as much as you gave him and I don't know how much he needs, I guess his weight to be maybe 14-15, who knows!  He can supplement with mice/moles as there's plenty, also squirrels, snakes, etc.  Not sure if they go after them.  He's pretty much a regular here.  He likes being in the far corner of the covered patio, hiding near the cat scratcher/porch swing, if I come out he jumps down and goes under the patio until I'm gone.  He got really close to me last night, I could look him in the eye and he was okay, not any closer though or he'd run!

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

I love Fall the best then Spring.

Me too!  I was born Oct. 7, so a Fall baby...when I was a kid I assumed God painted the earth, just for my birthday! :D  I had a pretty healthy self-esteem. ;)

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

when I was a kid in Ohio. I remember playing at Grandma's house in massillon, small rural america...and so many fireflies.

We had them in Eugene when I was growing up, I remember being outside at night and enjoying playing among them!  

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

Boy what a somber note. 

:D Do we know how to be enjoyable or what!  Well, I talk about anything/everything, whatever my life consists of, I guess this is just one of those pragmatic things that needs done.  I had the bank email my son a signature card as I went twice and couldn't get it either time, he's supposed to electronically sign and return.  I emailed him about it, haven't heard back.  I hope it's taken care of now, will check in a few days.

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, am hoping to take her to lunch, waiting to hear back from her.  If so, I'll take her some pots/pans, as her XH wrecked hers.

My brother and his wife hauled off six bags of garbage, took the freezer full of food out (it needs disposed of after the elec. was off for a week) easier to do in Eugene than here.  God bless him!  I rest better knowing it's done.  Three more months before he can officially take over and sign the estate sale contract and pay the bills.  I'll help him as much as possible as I know who needs paid and her history...

I hope you're enjoying your start of summer!  Everything is growing like weeds here with the week of rain and now heat, I called my lawn guy last night, he's busy a couple of days but I told him as long as it's this next week it should be okay.  

People need a connection with nature, there is something so healthy in that peace. Sad that so many dont get that. Would that I could paint and I would paint landscapes. Their plan sounds really good. Such a wonderful place.

When I was a lil guy we lived outside Chicago. had a stream within bike ride that was covered over by trees. One of those magical places like you see in movies. 

Well, I cleaned out my cabinet and threw away my hot cocoa, chais and instant French Vanilla Cappuccino. I just dont think I can have em ever again. Maybe when I get Medicare and start working I can ask the doc. Until then I know what to avoid. Just sad to me life has closed the door to that joy. I eat clean and safe if not fancy. so I guess I eat to live but not live to eat. Its just sustenance. 

My bday is a month before yours. You never know, maybe God painted it extra beautiful for your bday. Mine gets painted hot lol. I love that time when the temperature starts to change and nights get down in the 70s, 60s, and 50s. Just something about the air...

Lol, Jazzy knows you're a good Mom and appreciates that.

I wonder if lightning bugs are even around anymore. 

I bet you'll breath a sigh of relief when the estate is all done, so much work. the system could make that alot easier I think. I dread the estate sale here, the workers coming in for a week before and 3 days of strangers walking around. I'm rather strange about them coming in. I dont like the idea of possible sick people being in here. Oh well. has to be done. 

Still havent heard from my brother, still hasnt said a thing about the package I sent with old priceless photos. Guess they werent heirloom/expensive enough.

Happy birthday to your daughter. Hopefully you get to have lunch, would be fun.

I ordered some gummy vitamins from amazon. they came today and when i opened em up...they had all melted into one gooey mess. The automated system says they cant be returned. I just want my money back. 

The grass in my lawn is slowly dying. no idea but I think the grass covers the ground and helps keeps the roots cool. now that dirt is showing and its thinning out the roots are baking.

In the pictures see the dragonfly, one of the many lizards here and my big pumpkin plant. It wilts really bad in the sun then comes back in the evening. Guessing I planted in the wrong place. I got more seeds so will try planting in afternoon shade. 

Take good care of yourself and give Kodie a bellyrub for me.

Dragonfly.jpg

Pumpkin.jpg

Lizard.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Mine gets painted hot lol.

September is that time when we've made it through summer and have a brief reprieve before winter!  It's a time when the evacuations/threat of fire subsides.  Sometimes we have an early fall and you can feel that crisp cool air in the early morning!  And once in a while, the painting begins early...

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Lol, Jazzy knows you're a good Mom and appreciates that.

Jazzy gives me kisses, I'm like a secondary mom to her, I can reprove her and she'll take it, she knows I love her.

I love your pictures!!  I haven't seen a red/orange dragonfly, usually blues/greens/purples around here, so beautiful!  I used to have a pet salamander, I have never seen green, or is it a lizard?  We get them in the road, I always move them into the grass so they won't be run over.  Will always have a soft spot for them.  Kodie thinks he should get them and I tell him no and he looks at me like, "Really, mom???"  I confuse him sometimes. :D BTW, Panther Kitty will come up within two feet of me now, of course I dare not reach out to touch him, but he'll take my feeding him or bringing him fresh water...one step at a time!  I may never be able to pet him or make him a house cat, but content myself with this arrangement.  I see a dark spot near one eye, I hope nothing wrong, can't tell if a sore or what.  He's big, bigger than I thought, maybe 18 lbs, big build, he's beautiful.

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Maybe when I get Medicare and start working I can ask the doc. Until then I know what to avoid.

I think if we're listening to our bodies we know what is healthiest for us, it's individual it seems...I do best on Keto, no sugar/carbs/starches, whole foods, not bought products, but I've always cooked from scratch, not only does it cost less, you know what's in it.  Gosh I wish I could have your chai, I love it!  I'm using up my sister's teas, they don't taste good but they were a gift to her and she never touched them, they're healthy.  I make my own creamer I put in it for flavor and pretend. ;)

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

the system could make that alot easier I think.

Yes, our gov't makes so much bureaucracy/ridiculous rules, holds everything up.  We're going to have an estate contract, they take a large cut but Peggy & Bert have a LOT of "stuff" and we have no use for it.

I hope you have a good week!  (Kodie is doing well, never did find his plastic wrap...)

I need to find a place to live thats always fall or spring. never over 80 and never below maybe 50. I know that when the estate is done I am free to go wherever but I like texas. I dread having the estate sale, i'll push it off til September when hopefuully its cooler. 

I blended several things for the Chai and tried several ways

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Q4TVK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This and water and heat in the microwave

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SRHDMK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 then mix that in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SIDKPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and sometimes a spoon of that....then at the last add some coffee creamer to taste. I enjoyed the french vanilla or the irish creme.

Panther Kitty sounds like half wild and half cat. Should be a pretty good mouser. maybe in time even let you pet her. Sounds like a comfortable relationship. We used to have a neighbors cat play in the yard but havent seen him in a long time. had a possum a couple times but he's gone too. I hope and pray wherever I go they dont have barking dogs or loud neighbors. Thats the worst.

I'm not sure if we have lizards or chameleons or both. Some do change colors. Or maybe we have several species. Some I guess are indeed lizards. because they climb high up and puff their red throats out. Showoffs.

I need to read on keto and see how close I am with what I have. You always say how its been really good for you? My system is going clean whether I like it or not. I need more fruit, fiber, and more greens. My next cooking experiment will be Salisbury Steak. Always loved it. 

I prefer cooking my own as well. That way I can control the salt and I know its cooked properly. Restaurant food has too much spice and salt for me. And i've had food poisoning from eating out three times. At my age I dont think i'd survive another one.

Do you folks get dove there? We get em sitting on the edge of the roof cooing then they try and eat all the birdseed. Theyre like comedians.

Take good care of yourself and kodie of course.

I tried to get just the link to show but nope it kept switching to full display the second I posted it!

Many lizards can change colour. The most notable groups in this regard are the chameleons and the anoles. Some species can change from bright green to deep, chocolate brown, and patterns such as lines and bars may appear and disappear along their bodies.

Panther nosed my finger last night, I had cheese on it, first time he's made contact even briefly.  He again showed affection.  He has not been this way with anyone else, he's only shown his feral side to the neighbors.  I feel honored.  I think Kodie is a tad jealous. Panther drops his dry cat food, I think he has teeth problems, common in older cats.  No matter how much he drops it and makes a mess, he manages to eat it all.  I don't think he'd ever had cheese before, wasn't sure what to think of it, but he sure ate it all!  He was leery at first (string cheese, he didn't know what to make of it at first!).  

Kodie had a rough day, I'd planned to take him with me to Bible Study, there's another dog there AND he always goes to the park to sniff/pee on everything afterwards, well instead a friend from out of town invited me to lunch.  Kodie had to stay home as it'd be much too hot in the car, so he was ultra disappointed.  Then he didn't get to go on his playdate as Jazzy got in trouble for running off (she takes her off leash).  I told Iris Kodie feels HE is being punished!  She said "They're more adaptable than you think."  Just showed cold callousness towards dogs.  I hate that they treat them like they're subhuman, not of consideration/importance.  I already don't like that they'll put Jazzy in her kennel all day with no food/water/toys or bones, while they go out of town.  To me it is animal abuse.  I always give Jazzy a break in the middle of that time, if they let me know, so she can at least pee and drink some water and get some exercise.  Crazy in this heat!  At least yesterday they put her on the zipline instead of the kennel, at least she can pee, I HOPE she was near her pool.

Iris got her blood tests back (healing herself through Keto from cancer and chemo effects), her liver had been really bad, all normal now!  This after two months on Keto!  I'm amazed!  She was beyond ecstatic!

OMG I LOVE doves and pigeons!  They make the sweetest sounds!  Yes, they're all up and down the street.  It's hard to see them in the thick tall evergreens but you can hear them, and if they land on a telephone wire or more sparse tree, you can see them.

Keto you don't eat a lot of fruit, it's high in carbs, we can have berries or a bit of melon, we don't eat most root vegetables (no potatoes) as very high in carbs, no grains, instead we have nuts and almond flour, no to seed oils, have olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
Diet And Cardiovascular Disease (Carbs are harmful, fats protect us)!

Keto Chart-what I can eat.jpg

1872384162_KayOxford.JPG.c5a84a8efdf5fa3f8f2dfd0e05a915b2.JPG

It doesn't mention but we can have almond milk and low carb greek yogurt, and heavy whipping cream.

This guy is an expert imo on cholesterol and statins (Dr David Diamond)

Diet And Cardiovascular Disease (Carbs are harmful, fats protect us)!

Thanks for the Keto info. I'll see if I can try it with the food I have. When Dad went into the hospital they were talking food shortages and supply chain issues so i started filling the cupboard. I'm at a point where i shouldnt be spending alot of money on new food. Just the perishable stuff. But I want to see if it helps.

Supposed to be 106 here today. But next week get back under 100. I wouldnt think theres alot of difference between 102 and 106 but im staying inside. The two beds that get full afternoon sun are all but gone. Ive quit watering. The water bill will be very high but I cant help it.

I get lizards of many colors. Alot of bright green and some smaller ones that are very dark and have long skinny bodies. Then some grey/brown ones that like to sun on the walkway. 

Panther reminds me of stories of ancient days when people first domesticated cats and dogs. Sounds like you're winning him over.

Yes, animals need to have water and food, cages arent good for them. theyre still animals and need to walk around. Some people just dont get it.

Great news for Iris, that stuff must really work. We just dont give credit to our natural ability to heal.

I'm making a last tour of some foods. last night I ordered in some brisket, very good. Beef is so expensive in the store I wont buy it. Tonight will be fried porkchops. I shouldnt have fried but I havent had this in forever. I eat just basic and ive been remembering the past and some foods came to mind. I think i'm done with cookies too. the ones from the store I used to love just werent good this time. I really am just going to eat to live and nothing special.

Got an email from my brother. Asked about my studies and still has no clue what its about. Doubt i'll get a job in this but maybe there will be a miracle. At least selling the house will keep me off the streets.

Poor Kodie, I hope he understands. he seems very smart though so maybe he gets it. Kodie seems more like a kid than a dog. 

If I could I would send you my pigeons, lol. Although where the feeder is they don't like trying to fit under the eaves. They used to sit along the edge of the roof in the cool evening and you could see a shadow of the roofline filled with these huge dove. Like theyre waiting for something.

Hows the heat up there? getting any rain? I'm about ready to go sit in the sprinkler and pretend its raining. We are supposed to get back under 100 next week so maybe we can get back to normal. 

take good care of yourself and Kodie. 

• Like 1

My sister has IBS, supposed to do this but she doesn't and can't get away from toilet:
https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

I am so amazed at what Keto has done for me!  Iris' liver numbers were off the chart and after two months on Keto all her numbers are great!  They put her on cancer meds now that her numbers are okay, kind of worried about how that'll affect her.  Funny thing is, her husband does this with her but "cheats" when she's gone...she's lost 20 lbs, he's lost 40!  :D  Not equal/fair, haha!  If you ever get the chance, watch the 1984 movie "First Do No Harm" with Meryl Steep, eye opener on medical system and how Keto heals!

After feeding and petting Panther Kitty (lets me do his head now but I wouldn't attempt his face or clean his ears yet if ever) he loves rubbing on me, purring, but when I turn to go back into the house, he'll swat at me, as if to say, "Come back here!"  
A neighbor moved my small doghouse (cathouse now if he will use it) to the back patio in Panther's spot far corner...he ran off until after she was good and gone!  I was worried but he came back in a few minutes.  She gave me some meds for him to start today.  She thinks I can give whole capsules in his food, uh, yeah, right.  Will open them and mix into wet cat food.  Kodie is suspicious even smelling something amis, I'm sure Panther is too!

We've enjoyed 70s all week, got to 80 yesterday, heading to 90s by Monday, ugh.  No A/C, oh well, at least it's not 100s but when it jumps 20 degrees it's hard to acclimate!  It jumped 40 degrees overnight from 50s to 90s a while back, that was a lot!

21 hours ago, Tachi said:

Tonight will be fried porkchops.

We can fry, with different breading and NO seed oils (I use olive, avocado, or coconut oils).  Pork is my favorite!  I don't think I even HAVE any beef!  Over 20 years w/o it, it's hard to remember I can have it again! :D  My freezer is full...  Posting recipex for breading.

Keto KFC

Ingredients

o    2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs

o    1 1/2 cups pork rind breadcrumbs

o    1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

o    3 tbsp paprika

o    1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper

o    1 tbsp garlic powder

o    1 tbsp onion powder

o    1 tbsp celery salt

o    1/2 tbsp pink Himalayan salt

o    1/2 tbsp dried mustard

o    1 tsp cayenne pepper

Instructions

1.   Place chicken thighs in a mixing bowl and add heavy whipping cream; stir until all pieces are evenly coated with cream

2.   Set chicken aside to “soak”

3.   In a separate mixing bowl, combine the pork rind breadcrumbs and all spices; mix well

4.   Using a fork or set of tongs, dip chicken thighs into the breadcrumb mixture and coat thickly and evenly

5.   Set your air fryer to 390°F for 16 minutes

6.   Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven on a baking sheet for 30 – 35 minutes at 400°

7.   Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer basket, being careful not to crowd them; only place what will fit easily in the basket!

8.   Let the air fryer work its magic and gobble down!

image.thumb.jpeg.3aa6792cbfe36fabae6ff16988d4d699.jpeg

Your brother keeps harping on the same things over and over, if you're sick of it, just ignore him.  He won't go away, but that's what I'd do.  Just because someone demands/asks, doesn't mean we need to answer!  I can imagine how annoying that'd be!  I have the opposite problem...this week I was 50 miles from home with a car full of groceries that need refrigerated (HWC, butter, meat, etc) which I paid $112 for (no sundries, all need to be cold)....my tire goes flatter than a pancake, I was waiting at the light, leaving town on a fwy, had to get through the intersection and pull over safely, bad place...couldn't believe it, no warning!  Only indication the dash light.  No bump-bump-bump, nothing!  I call the place I got the tire (under warranty) and they said they're swamped and don't come this far.  They gave me names of tow trucks and Les Schwab so I'm trying to look up on my cellphone, my family all starts texting me (after months of silence) wanting to set a date to scatter Peggy/Bert's ashes!  I texted I'm in an emergency.  Not one asked what or ever checked to see if I was okay!  So annoying!  (I couldn't help to think how different this would all be if my husband was alive.)  They just kept texting, so I said 8/6? and suddenly...no response.  :angry: STILL haven't gotten back to me!  I messaged my little sister and she said they were all waiting to hear back from ME!  Umm...I'd replied 8/6 I said.  No response.  Anyway, I ended up calling Iris to see if she'd get Kodie out of the house and take him there so he could get exercise and pee.  She said she put him with Jazzy and her husband would stay with them and she'd come get me.  By then I had a tow on the way, he put my donut on and told me where the nearest Les Schwab was.  Got there, wasn't even a parking spot!  Super backed up!  The day after 4th of July, ugh.  Waited for parking space, parked, went in and waited, told them I'd need another tire, not comfortable driving that far on a donut.  They weren't sure they could get to iit that day.  Told Iris where I was.  I think I got home at 6, would have been 4 hours earlier if this hadn't happened!  Got my new M/C in the mail, so had to change all my autopays...did the next morning, got up at 2 am and did it, hadn't eaten anything the night before, just one meal that day, thankfully I'd packed a sack lunch with me!  Called and got someone to take me back to Les Schwab, they were done, $127 for tire, gave Iris $20 for gas.  Had problem with trying to update M/C on Dish so called...the guy told me I had two weeks to update my equipment, more $, two year contract, if cancel up to $480 penalty, etc...he spent 45 min. on the phone with his spiel, me kicking and screaming, ugh!  Kodie had a 10 min. walk before my ride came for me, we were running...I had to take him to Jack's to pay him, we hurried and barely got back before ride came!  Drove in, got car, took the flat to my tire place locally and they said it had damage from the rim, not covered under warranty because of it.  All in all it cost me $222 plus the lost groceries and it'd been nearly three weeks since I'd gotten any, and 1 1/2 weeks to go before I'd go to town again!  Had to stop by bank THIRD time as my son never got the emailed form to sign to add him on as signer on my account...got paper form from them and snail mailed it, texted him and haven't heard back from anyone.  Such is my life!  Got back home to get Kodie and take him to my Deaconess Mtg, called and said I'm leaving will be there in a few...it was a LONG meeting (personally I think you should be able to keep them under an hour if organized and respectful of other's time, but that's me...), got back after 5, took Kodie to his playdate, got home after 6 and fixed eggs for dinner.  Called Dish that night to check what he told me, nope, he lied, 45 min. spiel for nothing!  Canceled.
BTW: Not one family member ever asked me what my ER was or checked on me all week!  Nice.

I'm glad I don't get a water bill, but if the well goes out, I'll get hit hard!  I'd rather pay monthly that $20,000 at once as when do we have that!

I hope you're having a good day, plan to stay home and enjoy the weather....mind you they predicted 73 yesterday but it was 80...hope that doesn't mean their 90s will be 100s!
Hope you have a good week!

weather.JPG

Its before 11a.m. and already 97. We're forcast over 100 for the next two weeks. It isnt the hottest summer...yet...but I have no idea when it will get down below 100. I envy your weather. The end of the year is going to be insanely stressful for me. But at least it will be cooler. 

Anyway, this is my Photoshop work from last night. I am working through tutorials and stll lost. This is taking three pictures and compositing them together.

Sounds like Panther Kitty has chosen your home. Good thing you two get along. have you tried getting a ball and rolling it in front of him and see if he plays? 

Wow, your family. Sorry theyre that way. Too wrapped in themselves. I get it tho, life is crazy. I hope they wake up and understand whats important in life. Ive always been scared and protective of myself. Always been the giver, the appeaser...and it never works. So I became bitter and protective and thought I knew things and was smart. None was true however. 

here's to you having a quiet week, no emergencies or problems. Able to relax and catch up on rest. My brother doesnt care. he never contacts me, never asks how im doing, never sends an email. And thats ok. he doesnt realize I catch on because he's very bad at hiding it. he is a corporate type person and he handles 'us' like a business meeting, same tactics. And of course I cant trust him for anything. because he lies and tries to cheat me on the estate. Oh well. I will somehow finish the estate. Altho dads taxes still arent done yet. they did an extension and were supposed to be done a couple weeks ago. I'll give them two more weeks then ask again. I hope they arent having problems.

Thanks for the recipes. I'll have to see what I have that I can use. My diet is really very basic and based off my ulcer diet. The direction they had given also was eat basic and then one by one add things to see how you tolerate. For me its not just stomach but also metabolism. Some things just crash my metabolism and make me so drowsy. I had some brisket from a place here the other night and it made me so sleepy. Normally I make my shredded simmered chicken. Or heat up some precooked sausage. Then add potatoes or rice or heat a bag of mixed veges or the veges for gumbo. I dont get digestion issues from those and my metabolism is good. It would be better if I worked out every day and took more study breaks and moved around some. 

It sounds like you stay pretty active. Do you take a walk with Kodie every day? I dont think I could stay sane going through your days, too crazy. I am so protective of my peace and quiet and alone time. I may not be good at going back to work but I must. 

Ok, you and Kodie take good care of yourselves.

umbrella.jpg

• Like 1