Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

Had a super long meeting yesterday, notified right beforehand, took Kodie with me at 11:15 (yes we walk twice/day every day), took him to the park to sniff/pee on everything, then to the church, we were there hours!  Got done in time to eat but still needed to take him to play with Jazzy, stopped by here to get treats and took him to the far end of the patio as I wanted to check on Panther Kitty...Kodie still hooked to me, Panther RUBBED on Kodie!  I couldn't believe it  Wow!  I love that cat even though he's challenging, never tried domesticating a feral cat before, not sure he'll ever be 100% but we're gaining ground little by little!  Started him on meds, he's doing well.

Iris brought me out a bowl of salad and a bit of pork while I was watching the dogs play, so I didn't have to come home and fix dinner late!  

Sorry you have so much heat, that would wipe me out!  

You sure your blood glucose is okay?  Because that can cause sleepiness after eating as well...

Gosh, isn't it fun trying to figure out what works for our bodies as we age?  Never a dull moment! :D  

When this eat/drowsy thing started I was eating grease...cheeseburger and fries at work. Really depends on what I eat and what I do. Some days I sit and study all day and I can start drifting away. I try and get up periodically and walk around or get exercise and that helps. But its been quite a bit less since I went to what I eat now. But when it started I tested and everything appeared ok. that was years ago tho. No idea when i'll get to the doctor again. I'm becoming a firm believer in diet and exercise, sleep and water. i never thought i'd give up caffeine but I find I dont miss the pickmeup. Only thing I miss is the flavor of my chai.

I forgot to tell you. Couple days ago right at dusk and never seen this before. There were two younger owls sitting in the birdbath. I tried taking pictures but I must have been shaking because they were blurry. The redeye went off and they stared at me for about ten minutes. Wonderful creatures. One of the dove started to fly in to the birdbath and abruptly veered off. he then tried coming in with flapping wings to scare them off but the owls ignored him. the dove left. Wish they would come more often.

I hate long meetings. Sometimes people enjoy giving them but after a short time it's pointless.

Wow, panther made friends with kodie? Amazing. Panther knows Kodie is yours. Thats very cool. 

Should have had Kodie sniff/pee at the meeting. That would have ended it real quick. I know, cant be doing that. It would work though.

I noticed alot about Mom and dad as they had their issues. And about me as I try and motivate. I have become very sedentary and my metabolism has dropped. I do get good sleep now and water. I dont drink anything unhealthy and 95% of the time eat clean. I need to get more exercise and workout. get my metabolism going again. One problem is terrible focus. its like adult adhd. I study for a bit and then get off on another tangent. Or sometimes get up and walk into the kitchen and forget why im there. Seems like my brain is just asking for a reason to go onto something else. I'll work on that some more.

usually august is our hottest month. So i'm thinking we will have this heat til September. Hope winter is mild.

Take good care of Kodie and Panther. Your little family is growing.

• Like 1

Kodie tried playing with him last night, ha!  That ended that real quick!  Panther didn't understand and reacted, I had to pull back on Kodie.  But the thought is there between them.

Panther expresses more and more he wants more time with me.  He sleeps a lot too.

Today was a normal temperature...91...the breeze felt cool so we must have had a shift of winds. Tomorrow back to 100s for the next two weeks.

Sounds like Panther and Kodie may be friends after all. I guess it's hard for an animal being alone. Is Panther a he or a she? Hope not a she and pregnant. That would be fun for kodie. 

I ordered some Gummy vitamins from CVS and UPS brought them today. Silly me. They are all melted together. Guess I'll carve a bit off every day. I wonder how many people got melted gummies. Should have gone down there. Its just so convenient when the shipping is free. 

Have you folks had any wildfires> Hoping this year you can avoid those. 'Knock on wood'.

I was looking at some of Mom's things. There were some things handed down to her and most they bought. There are things I remember as being around since I remember. Those I want to check and see if they are valuable, not good for an estate sale. Enclosing a pic of what appears to be faceted lead glass/crystal by Beyer, there's a Beyer sticker inside it. Similar online go value up to 900 online but some under 100. This is my frustration, not knowing what things are. I'd love to find someone to come in and get the valuable ones and either put in auction or buy.

I guess this is why life is difficult.

Hope your small family is doing well. And things are rather quiet. take good care of yourself.

box1.jpg

• Like 1

It's neat when you have things handed down like that.  I didn't get anything from my parents' estate.  My dad collected things, he was good at spotting treasures.

Panther is a he, near as I can tell and not pregnant.  He has his ear clipped, which I'm told meant he was neutered and released.  What a life he could tell me about!

Oh my goodness, on the gummies!  I guess with it being in a hot truck...

Panther seems to want me to stay with him.  I feel bad not wanting him in the house but he is wild, he may look domesticated out on the patio but I know better.

If Panther were a Liberal he could get pregnant. Lol. At least thats what the press says. Of couyrse what they dont tell you is thats not a man getting pregnant, its a woman trying to be a man. Sad times we live in. Well I hope Panther and Kodie get along or at least co-exist. I think Kodie would be his friend if Panther allowed it. But he's probably been chased too many times.

yesterday was my Bro's birthday. I sent a gift certificate by email, which he got and I sent a card by email. He works odd hours so what we have always dont is base our calls around his convenience. Last email exchange he wanted to talk soon and I replied to just let me know when. Nothing. Didnt even email a thanks. I guess one day I'll call him out of the blue...and he'll be busy or his wife will be taking a nap for the religious holiday (muslim). 

Took a look at the 'Family History' binders Dad had. One Great Aunt wanted in the DAR so she had the family traced. Very interesting and fun. Some of it goes back to the early 1800s. 

There are things I vaguely remember from when I was a kid. I know they were passed down to my folks by family. No telling how old they are or the value. I've tried looking a few things up but never find them. Similar things are worth alot but that doesnt mean much. I just hate the idea that some things are very worthy and will go for a couple bucks in an estate sale. If I could find a value id be willing to try to sell them online. 

Only supposed to get to 100 today, a cold wave. Read yesterday that we have been in a 2 year pattern and it's about to shift. The el nino/la nina thing. It said we will continue dry through end of year and then soon after it will shift. Hopefully that also means a warm winter too. And all the alarmists screaming its the end of the world. They will feel silly when next year is colder.

I hope you two are doing well. What do you think Kodie thinks of Panther? have things quieted down for you a bit. Hoping you get some peace and quiet. 

Take care

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Kodie's thinking about him, but something, for sure!  But he aims to protect him when he hears/sees something on the patio.  So I guess he considers him one of the family now, but he kind of like his "mom and me" time for sure!

I shake my head about your brother's response (or lack of) to bdy cards...shows narcissistic traits.

The housing market has dropped here considerably as the int. rate went up, pricing people out of homes (50% more payments) and lowering the selling price.  Made me wonder how that's going to affect the selling price for you and also for my sister's house when at last it is ready.  What a mess.  

I ordered an A/C unit Wed. morning, will arrive Tues., will have to suffer through more heat first though.  First one in my life!

Congratulations on the new a/c. Hope it does well for you. My previous rent house in Lubbock I had a swamp cooler. Worthless. I bought a small window unit for the bedroom and shut the door, worked well.

I'm thinking Kodie accepts Panther because you do. So you're right he accepts him as family. Will be interesting to see if they ever become pals.

I sent my brother a box of old photos and some things. Priceless and irreplaceable heirlooms. He never mentioned them just like he never mentioned his Bday card and present. I considered calling him but decided against it. Hopefully all works well with the estate and house and he will have his money and then we dont have to pretend to be family anymore. 

One of the neighbors is selling the home to move to be near her kids. She had a seller ready and when they inspected the home they found a crack in the foundation. Thats a fear for me. Will they find something wrong here that will be an expensive fix. I know I can have a foundation guy come check but cant afford it. maybe after the estate sale. 

My neighbor across the street, nice lady. her brother passed last year after dad did. her sister moved in but she's gone. No idea what happened. Now this lady suddenly has her home up for sale and she is out. No idea if she's in a home or with family. But every day i pray for her. 

Everyone i've met here is very nice. I will miss them when I move. This is the first good neighborhood ive lived in since I moved away as a young man.

I watch the price of this house on Redfin. It needs some things fixed so it will be more on the lower side. But the price range is somewhat steady. It's taking longer to sell in this area but still just a few weeks. The price range has come down just a bit. I expect it to be a mess come end of year. But we shall see.

I best go do some work. Take good care of the little family. I see them both curled up  by the fire and you reading stories to them. Americana I guess. take care.

• Like 1

Not having Panther in the house yet if ever, he's too feral to trust him yet.  He's good as a patio kitty.  I carried my purse and lunch bag on my arm and went to greet him, he went nuts, was terrified!  I had to put them down to greet him, and he looked panic stricken at them!

Got a letter from the Forestry Dept wanting a 40' swath around any buildings, they're nuts!  It'd destroy my property value and all enjoyment I get from my home, privacy, aesthetics, etc.  They sound threatening but haven't even completed their policy yet!  All the neighbors are up in arms about it, some not taking it seriously.  Honestly, if they want to do that, they'll likely get lawsuits.  I don't see anyone out cutting yet.

Your brother....shake head....

I haven't heard from my family since my "emergency" in town when they were hounding me to text them!  1 1/2 weeks until our supposed date to scatter ashes but not a word of affirmation.  I don't want them waiting until fire danger and I can't leave Kodie alone here.

Panther...how odd. I wonder if someone tried to beat him with a handbag. he seems to recognize what they are. Guess he will have to get used to them. I think you're right. best to remember panther is a wild animal. Patio kittys are nice to have.

I might have some birdbath owls. haven't been checking most nights but they were there again at dusk a few nights ago. last night just before dusk i put some raw chicken slices on the birdbath edge. they were gone this morning so hopefully they got it. Cant afford to keep feeding em but maybe they will hang around. Would be nice if they killed all those rats. I'm still not brave enough to go search the attic. havent heard any commotion for awhile tho.

Forty feet around any building? As in no vegetation? Do they offer to pay for the work to be done? That would make me laugh. There are some limbs here that need to come down. But the thought of me on a ladder with a chainsaw doesnt appeal to me. The next owner can worry about it. Let's hope it's nice and quiet there. 

Temps are showing signs of easing just a bit. Highs of 100 and 101 instead of 104 and 105. Crossing my fingers. There were a couple rainclouds today and I just pointed and laughed. Well, shame on me. Just looked out the window and looks like rain. We wont get it tho. Ok, so it dropped one drop on my head and we got half a minute of rain. But the clouds are beautiful.

And i hear nothing from my brother. Every so often I send something just as a feeler and no reply. I hesitate to mail him anything because he never mentioned the package I sent. Everything shows me im right. he doesnt care about heirlooms just money. 

Sounds like your family is pre-occupied. I get that there's alot going on but they should be keeping in touch. Guess it's too late for them to change. 

I looked at keto again. Much of what I eat is on the list. I decided to give up starchy vegetables. Going to try and go with fresh lettuce again. Tho it seems they have trouble keeping the good stuff in. I'll keep working on it. Is there an alternative to bread you can use? 

How is Kodie doing? those two kids still getting along? take good care of yourself.

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

Do they offer to pay for the work to be done?

No.  I guess the $ they got from the gov't is just to harrass us.  Now it's 50' swath!  Around any building!  That takes out everything except the lower part of the property.  No.

Much too guarded to let Kodie and Panther have at it!

Now they're putting off scattering ashes again, want to next year around Peggy's bdy but depends on if it snows here, I'm not setting it for then.  Last Easter I shoveled snow all day!  And even on Mother's Day and the day after.
This is my favorite:
image.png.2e0b61c5a7ee66325f7661e3f898d311.png
Keto Bread 90 Seconds

·        1 Tbsp melted butter

·        3 Tbsp almond flour

·        1 egg

·        1/2 tsp baking powder

1.   Mix, add grated cheese, garlic powder, everything bagel.

2.   Microwave for 90 seconds in 5” bowl.

3.   Slice in half.

.4 net carbs w/o additives

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a nice sandwich, might have to try that. i made some burgers last week. For some reason I just dont like the taste of ground beef anymore. I had a whataburger and enjoyed it. No idea. I'll stick to my chicken for the most part.

I guess Panther is just too wild to trust Kodie. may not have the social skills to buddy up and play. Kodie seems very sweet so he probably doesnt understand why Panther doesnt buddy up. At least they somewhat get along.

Our temps are mellowing out a bit. Highs 100 and all week high 90s. Cant wait for them to come down. Except by then I will have to get some very serious things done. Dreading the estate sale. Finding an apt and selling the house. I need to hire an appraiser to get a value of the house at the time i inherited it so I can pay capital gains tax next year. Funny thing since bro gets half the money from the sale. All the things ive done and will do for nothing. I still never hear from him. Guess that for the best because I dont have anything for him.

Fifty feet now? I wonder how they think some people will be able to do it or afford to have it done. Let alone as you say ruin the property values. Insane.

We are having grass fires in the area, some have gotten pretty big. They act like we wont ever see rain again. I think its supposed to be dry thru the year then in Jan back to normal. 

How's everything else going? getting some peace and quiet?

Take good care

Kodie's experience with cats was Kitty when I first got him, unbeknownst to me her kidneys and liver were shutting down and she was very grumpy/protective of herself and thus grouchy with Kodie.  He's curious about them but doesn't know them.  Panther and him went nose to nose the other day and he pounced playfully and Panther jumped back a bit, but overall they're doing really well.  Still, not sure I'd want to get it started, we'll see.  I'm pretty protective of Kodie and his home.

We have Waldo Lake on fire (Cedar Creek Fire) and it's 3200 acres now, 13 miles from here.  Am wondering why they diidn't pounce on it good when it was 800 acres!

Our weather has been the same, 90s and 100s, very hot, today should be lower, in the 80s.  Now we have threat of lightening, not what we need with the wildfires!  Looking like we may not need the A/C much in the next few days!  Yay!

This is in response to people's appeals:
https://kval.com/news/local/oregon-pulls-wildfire-risk-map-after-homeowner-backlash?fbclid=IwAR1LKdwTeB0EF2PeE_KFyKj90o55n2y9jANnkAdtkT-DfLLkuNg6Q_wt7f8

And here is my granddaughter signing a song at their church (about 13 min. or so...look for little girl on the left) 
https://www.facebook.com/foothillsstayton/videos/450151713655828

She is really taking this seriously!  She also plays the piano!  She's amazing.  She's basically a horticulturist at age 7!  She's like a sponge with her learning.

I have been down with Covid the last couple of weeks, am just now getting back to normal where I can breathe again!  I was hit hard a week ago Sunday!  Right after my last post..

Your brother will have to pay capital gains on his half too, I'm sure!  

Wow, the forestry people are nuts. That could impose a severe hardship on many. I just dont trust government at all. I just dont think they always or often have our interests in mind.

Kodie and Panther, so far so good. As long as they can get along its all good. Must be hard for Panther to trust and understand it's safe to play.

We had a gift yesterday of rain. One inch here and some places got over two. 90s this week, some low 100s next week and then low to mid 90s and more rain. Hopefully the heat is breaking. 

I'm not starting any new classes, just finishing what I'm on if I can. I need to work 3-4 projects for my resume and somehow I dont think I will finish by Christmas. Thats why I have to sell the house so I can survive. Estate sale late September, early october. Still dont hear from my brother. Read an article the other day on gaslighting and narcissists and they described him to a 'T'. Lol. Guess I shouldn't laugh because it's very sad. But all that I predicted before Dad passed is true.

It is hard at times being in their house. And at times I really want to tell or show them something, but I cant. I realise at times that my Mom loved me unconditionally and was the only one. And I wonder if dads dementia set in alot earlier and drove him into narcissism. I only saw them two or three times a year for decades. I know he was in narcissism in 2014 when I came back. Doesnt matter now anyway. I just realise that I'm alone and have to get tougher. This is a quiet time and after this year I'm back in the world again.

Yea 80s sounds like a dream. Too bad you dont get 80s all summer long. When does it start to turn colder there? Does Fall last long? We seem to get a couple weeks of fall and then its winter already. 

That fire sounds close. I wonder as well why they didnt jump on it from the start. Should be much easier to stop. Have there been alot more fires the past few years or do you folks usually get a few fires every summer? My brother had one close enough to them they were getting some bad air quality and didnt go outside.

Your Granddaughter is a star. She is learning so much there's no telling where she will end up. Isnt it amazing what kids can do. I wish my brain soaked up half that well.

How are you feeling? Sorry you got covid. may I ask if you saw a doctor and got some meds or was it like a bad flu and you treated it that way. Hope you're better. I've read it can take awhile to get over so take it easy.

I try and look up estate things online. This capital gains thing I cant get solid info. It looks like the estate wil need to hire an appraiser to get a value for the home when Dad passed. Some places say there no tax unless your gains are over 250,000. Some say different. But what I plan is, the extra property tax owed will eitgher be paid from the sale or from what ive sold already. the gains tax can be paid with my taxes next year and that amout if due will be hefty so will come off the top of the sale. i wont be paying any of that myself. the estate will do that.I will be holding my breath to see if and how he tries to cheat me. Oh well far be it things go well. 

Hope you're feeling better. get some rest and take good care. you are in my prayers.

• Like 1

I didn't go to the doctor with Covid or get meds.  I got it 7/25 and by that Friday knew it was going to be bad, sure enough, Sunday was my worst day, couldn't even talk.  My throat was in extreme pain on steroids!  It went into congestion and I coughed/hacked for several days.  A couple of days ago was the first day I could breathe!  I took a test the Sat. before and it was negative (home test). 

Next weekend will be going to my son's to watch the kids for Sun. -Tues.   I don't know how II'll keep up, I'm getting old.

Had a plumber out for my toilet yesterday, $202 with senior discount, they were very professional, organized, any anxiety I had I needn't have!  So nice to have that done.

My XH was Narcissist so believe me, I know what you're talking about.  So was my mom but with her dementia seemed to lessen it and make her more appreciative, I guess because she forgot all her imagined wrongs (paranoia), she went out softer than she came into the world.                                           

It'll be important to stick to your moxie with your brother and fight him on cheating you, you already know he'll attempt to.  

Panther Kitty had something happen to his head, the whole top of it is like it was scalped, bloody raw, you can see inside him, no skin or fur.  I put Neosporin on it the last couple of days.  I hope he'll let it scab over, it had and somehow he got it off.  Oh and I caught him resting in the "cat house" on the patio!  (former dog house).  I had a cat that lived in it for a couple of years 16 years ago.

Yep, we're all getting old. You're doing great. just take it easy and get rest. Glad you're healing. Probably take awhile before you're back to normal. At least you have Kodie to help. 

Respiratory infections ive always healed slow from. 

Wow, that plumbing bill is amazing. I need someone like that here. The guys Dad always used were crooks. They came out to look at his toilet, needed to replace it. talked him into also replacing mine. And instead of going back to the shop for toilets they 'just happened to' have a couple $850 toilets on the truck. What a coincidence. lol. hard to find good help that wont rip you off these days.

Looking back I think Dad forgot his at the end too. I've decided that the passing of my parents will forever remain unresolved without closure for me. I have too many regrets. And while things have eased quite a bit and I know what I think is wrong and pointless it remains. 

Of the things my bro wants free. The big picture he will go broke having shpped and insured and wont be worth it. The main thing will be the house and he will not cheat me on that. All fees and taxes come out before we spit. The estate sale will probably be spent on property taxes and repairs. If I need to just give him the ring to make the entire deal work thats ok. But with the understanding thats all he gets free. And I will die on that hill. In a very real way I just want it all to be over and turn out well. fast forward to everything is sold and all debts paid and i'm in a small studio apt in a safe area.

Sounds like Panther Kitty is making himself at home. thats a good sign. I wonder if he was chased and tried to run under a fence or metal or something. Or got stuck. Hopefully he lets it heal. He's got a good Mom.

Hope your weekend goes well. take care and get rested.

• Like 1

He replaced some innards in the toilet.  Honestly, the last business we had was half the price (they charge minimum of $155 + parts).  The guy retired and sold out to this company, so same employee, but twice the cost.  Only plumber local.  Most things we pay double for so it's nice to catch somewhat of a break.

For the most part I'm over Covid, have been all week, except still a bit of clearing my throat.  My neighbor has it, is in his second week.  His lungs hurt.  

I hope you have a good week!

Glad you're feeling better. My Mom would brew you a nice hot cup of tea with honey and lemon and some cookies. I suspect she really wanted tea and cookies and someone to chat with. But I never turned it down. Thinking about her lately.

Summer seems over here. Today is the last day of seasonal temps. For the next week we are upper 80s and rain. I feel giddy typing 'rain'. I'm taking all the seeds I have left...corn, pumpkin, watermelon, chard, and some more...and planting them. My water bill was really high so have to cut back.

Signed up for Medicare. They approved it in two days. Now i'm looking at which Advantage plan to get. None are as good as the plan my dad had but will just have to pick the best I can.

I'm talking myself into buying a mandolin. My only hold is will I give it enough effort. 

Soon will have to find a company and do the estate sale...dreading that.

Hope everything is doing well there. How are Kody and Panther kitty doing?

Back to studying and then going to go play Johnny pumpkin seed and pant some more seed.

Get some rest and take good care.

• Like 1

That used to be my go to, I can't have honey now.  

This morning I'm going on my trip the three hour drive to my grandkids' to take care of them for three days, leaving at 7 am if I can get out of here on time.

Summer over?  I'm packing for evacuation in case the fire shifts (nearly 6,000 acres now) and it's been hot here, going to be another heat wave this week...  The house will be unbearably hot when I get home!

15 hours ago, Tachi said:

Now i'm looking at which Advantage plan to get.

I picked United Healthcare, a lot of people have it here.  Look for not only coverage, but also providers, it'll be good to make sure hospitals and urgent care as well as your choice of doctor is covered....that's why I dropped my last healthcare, they stopped contracting Peacehealth, which was half the providers in the area and no urgent care!  They got too hard to work with.

Kind of nervous about leaving Panther, my first time, I hope he does okay, will leave him plenty of food, hopefully nothing gets to it.  I hope he doesn't abandon ship while I'm gone.  

Not ready for summer to be over yet, it's gone way too fast, I've enjoyed it this summer, way better than last summer, that was a nightmare!  This one has been pleasant, minus the heat waves, but even so, not nearly as hot as last year!

My brother has a realtor coming up and looking at the house.  I haven't been there since a neighbor's house burned down, I've known them 45 years and they were neighbors with my sister nearly 50 years!  My heart is sick about it, she went to my church.  It's very hard emotionally going into Peggy's home.  Nothing is as it was.

A mandolin, huh?!  Have you ever tried your hand at one?  You definitely have the artistic part of the brain going, with your painting, gardening, and now this!  Good luck to you!  
Panther was scalped 2-3 weeks ago, totally missing his fur and skin on top of his head!  I've been putting Neosporin on it, but he won't leave his head alone, got the scab off, it's just totally bare, concerns me.  Can't overly worry about what I can't change though.

Kodie is great, I'm so glad I have him.  He is a great companion!

Hope the trip goes well and you have a nice visit. And the fire needs to burn out. I used to want to live up in that part of the country when I was young. But i never considered the fires.

Had an eventful couple days. Ive had an issue for a year or two where I have trouble peeing. Not every day just sometimes and it always went away the next day. Of course I was having 2 big coffees every day and a couple beers at night. So i was killing my insides. The last couple days had severe issues and last night couldnt pee at all. Severe discomfort and went to the ER at 4a.m....had never felt that level of discomfort. The ER was great. Drained my bladder and left the catheter in (these are uncomfortable) and gave me antibiotics and a prostrate med and a referral to the urologist that they expected I could see in a day or two. What a joke, the urologist cant see me for three weeks. If I have trouble I should go see my PCP, whoever that is supposed to be. Only doctor I know in town is my folks old doc and no idea if they will see me. 

ER with no Insurance was $3373.11. Medicare hits sept1. Looking at UHC aarp advantage. Both the pcp and urologist are in the network. Tho from the sound of the lady from the urologist office who caled me they dont like medicare. I think I will try and talk with the PCP and see if we can take the catheter out and maybe I can pee. Worst case is put a new one in. Feels like being abandoned really. This thing is pretty uncomfortable.

I bet Panther can go hunt if he gets hungry. He'll probably just hang around the porch and keep the varmints away. Always picture your part of the country as having mild summers. And cooold winters. I may have one more fire here before I sell it.

We've had cool and rain. One day we had over 5 inches. The rainguage only holds 5 inches so who knows. Now its back to normal.

I know going to Peggy's home is tough. Wish I had some words of wisdom to make it easier. Guess the things we cant change we have to learn to deal with. Sorry thats not more help. 

For now the mandolin is on hold. Everything will be pushed back a few weeks until I get this catheter out and get healthy again. Maybe after the estate sale if im not broke. This is my nightmare come true is going broke on unseen things. Hoping nothing else happens.

Give credit where its due. My brother called me to see how I am and talk about the estate. It was a good chat.

Anyway, scracth kodie behind the ears for me and take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

We always had mild summers until recently, and cold winters but not as bad as Colorado or MT or MN.  Still, with an old mobile home, it's challenging, it lets the heat out in the winter and the cold out in the summer!  And can't take the weight of the snow.  Shouldn't have bought it for up here.  They didn't warn us about how it was made, they only wanted the sale.

Here is a picture of my grandson's first FB practiice yesterday!

Vincent 082422 football.jpg

• Like 1

Can you make it until 9/1?  That is a lot, my bill for justt gluing my head shut about 2" straight was over $2,900!  Add on catheter, drainage, etc. I can see it being that high.  I'm glad your insurance starts soon.  If you get UHC, they can recommend a PCP for you.  To see a specialist in three weeks is even good, although in this instance, it wouldn't feel good at all.  I've been waiting for months for the gastroenterologist.

Wow on your brother calling!  Do take care of yourself, prayers!

Sad how so many just want a sale. I think there is great value in taking care of your customer. If the product isnt good then dont sell it. Or only sell it in the right circumstances. Crazy me.

You need a good earthen mound. Or clay brick and just surround the house with it. Ive read both are good insulators. Dad knew a guy who used to own and sod home, half underground. He said it worked well.

Problem with healthcare is no co-ordination. I contacted ER about med making my sinuses clogged, barely slept last night. No one told me much about catheters, and I wouldnt know if it was messed up. I cant afford another ER visit. I may make an appt with my folks PCP as close after 9/1 as I can get just to be safe. If I wait for trouble I may not get in for a week or so. they said go to PCP. I just want it changed. My brother took it and had it changed cause of that. Oh well.

Thanks for the reminder. I should let UHC help me find a new PCP. I need to get that done today. Need to get my Advantage card asap. As always we need more doctors and specialists in this country, alot more.

My bro has decided he doesnt want the expensive ring or the valuable print. so when I feel better I will go talk to Mom's old jeweller. There are a few things like that which dont belong in an estate sale.

Your grandson looks like a good kid. bet he loves playing football. Hope he gets to have that fun for many years to come. Thats what life and this country is all about. We used to play at the high school when I was a kid, then break and go to the gas station for a cold Big Red. We never realize how life will change, and change us. A life secret is to fully enjoy the pleasures we have now.

Hope Kodie and Panther Kitty are well. Take good care.

• Like 1

Sometimes when you change PCP it starts the next beginning of the month so I'd get it done in Aug.  

That was Vincent's first practice, the only one grinning!  He looks so much like his dad.

I can't imagine having to wait to get your catheter out!  I bet it's very uncomfortable.  Only five more days.  I'd also make the appt. ahead of time so no more waiting, you have six more days to go, I wouldn't want to wait beyond that!  Good luck to you.

Urologist appt is sept 13, cant and shouldnt need to wait that long. It should only be in until I can pee on my own. They are arbitrarily leaving it in. Slept a solid 6 hours last night, checked my bad and was full, was also a much lighter color. Went back to sleep and woke up had some blood in my urine. Went to docs office and had the PA, worthless trip. She didnt want to help with the catheter but wondered how long they expected me to leave it in. She did order a urine test and will find out Tuesday. 

It is very uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. I cant help but think thats where the blood comes from. At 6am my urine was fine and better. Something happened and theres blood and dehydrated. Its just that everytime I move it hurts, like its cutting. I'll wait to see what the urine test says. I want to know how long the protrate med takes to work and how do I know when its worked. I feel like ive been hung out to dry and left to suffer. If i'm ruined from that catheter im suing some people.

But other than the catheter I feel fine. No back or side aches, nausea or anything. Just need the prostrate meds to work and get rid of the catheter.

Ive eaten a few avocados...and plated the seeds in the yard. Hopefully they will grow for the next owner. 

My bro may be out of a job. His company had their big contract cancelled, theyre appealing but he may be out of luck come octoiber/nov

Vincent seems a good kid. Bet he is a natural. Does he play alot of different sports?

You folks take good care

• Like 1