Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

It doesnt go away. I wonder if it could be something like a fungus. Something that occurs naturally that somehow went from finger to tongue. Wish my old doctor was still around, he was very sharp. Maybe take another look at everything. Toothpaste, mouthwash, like that.

maybe a good break in the weather and they can get it under control. 

Blessing today...got a refund check for 2700 bucks from my first ER visit. Turns out instead of the 3371 they told me there it was really 629. No clue what happened but i'll take it. No idea whats up because I have no synptoms or feel bad at all, I feel fine. I'm drinking alot of water and im making alot of urine, so id say my kidneys are fine. I would think theyd look at the urethra and see if its piunched, maybe thats what the ultrasound will do. Or it could be the sphincter from the bladder to the urethra, or maybe a stone. The prostrate is big so there could be cancer in it. Trying to just relax and we will see in a few weeks. The urologist didnt seem concerned after the exam. I read that there is a certain feel to a cancerous prostrate so im hopeful/

Kitty loves the attention I bet, but still wild. he must be happy or he wouldnt hang around. How are he and Kodie getting along?

Pumpkins still growing as is corn and a few flowers. I need to take some pictures and pass along. Funny how after being without coffee I dont miss it. loved the taste of my chai. But I dont even set an alarm and I wake early and not sleepy at all. I dont miss the ales either. Enjoyed some of the flavors but they just made me sleepy. I now wonder why so many get themselves addicted to and believe that either one does anything good for them. they should stop playing the game and take proper care of themselves.

Stay safe and hope and pray the fire gets under control. Take good care.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tachi said:

I wonder if it could be something like a fungus.

Nope already treated for that doubly, twice, nada.  Candida possibly, no one suggested it.  The gastroenterologist said maybe heartburn but I don't have that either.

Blessing today...got a refund check for 2700 bucks from my first ER visit. Turns out instead of the 3371 they told me there it was really 629. No clue what happened but i'll take it.

OMG, that's the kind of blessing we welcome!  Wonderful news, Tachi!

Kitty loves the attention I bet, but still wild. he must be happy or he wouldnt hang around.

He would not let me treat his ears last night and seemed leery all day.  The treatment was working but my no means done yet and I hate to see it make a comeback.  I'm hoping this morning...

Him and Kodie get along fine, with Kodie at end of leash, not sure how it'd be inside the house, still too scared to try that.

I love my coffee but limit myself.  When I was gone I had one cup/day.  And my daughter makes the best coffee in the world!  (She used to Barista).  Yes our health is #1.

Hmmm, not a fungus...could you have possible have developed an allergic reaction to something, like a vitamin or medication? Or something exotic perhaps. 

maybe kitty knows Kodie is safe on a leash. just guessing kitty wouldnt understand kodie wanting to wrestle and play. At least they get along as is. What about when it gets cold. I guess you can put a warm blanket in the kitty house? 

After this is fixed he may say I can have coffee again but I wont touch it ever again. From what I read my prostrate is too big for meds. So im steeling myself to have a procedure or even surgery. There are different ways to go and hoping I dont have to be in the hospital. After seeing how they treated dad i never want to be in there. Wednesday is the ultrasound and Thursday is the bladder stress test. they run a catheter in and fill my bladder and test to see if its working ok. Im thinking it could be a huge prostate or the valve stopped working. bet its the prostate. 

We are in the mid 90s again, we got warm. The flowers are comig out again and everything is growing. Maybe by the time my prostate is fixed it will be nice and cool. 

Attached is  pic of the flower shrubs that my Aunt Lena gave Mom and Dad when they first moved in in the late 80s. I see those red flowers and say a prayer thanking her. She was a strong woman with a good heart.

The other is a young Chinese Pistachio tree, I think. The birds dropped the seeds over a broken pot and I rescued it. then last year planted it and its been doing well. And finally the baby pumpkins. The yard is nothing like it used to be. But some of the flowers my folks plants still remain.

Hoping and praying the fire stays away, temps cool for you and everything goes well. take good care

a Lena.jpg

C Pistachio.jpg

Pumpkin.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

could you have possible have developed an allergic reaction to something, like a vitamin or medication?

I've already explored that possiblility with an allergy clinic, also looking up products/Rxs online, even called the Feds/USDA.

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

I guess you can put a warm blanket in the kitty house? 

I have a heating pad, but no longer have an outside plugin.  

Last night Kitty didn't show up for dinner or at all.  I went out several times and called and called, even checked the garage.  It has me worried.  He has hung around for at least five months!  Kind of weird he'd suddenly change his habits.  I brought his food in before I went to bed as I can't see feeding other critters.  II hope I see him today.

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

after seeing how they treated dad i never want to be in there.

My sentiments exactly.  It's possible it could be a day surgery but where it is, IDK...my gallbladder was.  But I did need a ride to/from.  They were mad because my "ride" left!  And I died on the operating table.  My heart stopped several times afterwards in recovery.  I never had heart trouble, it was because they over-anesthetized me because they refused to get my weight, even when I told them to.

Your place is beautiful!  Here they'd want to cut down any greenery as "dangerous."  It's very annoying, after 45 years here!  I'm having Jack come today and trim three large trees near the house (few feet away) up quite a ways.  Still, they won't consider that "defensible" enough.  But honestly, next year shouldn't be such a problem for fire, from the east anyway!

That hospital story is just crazy. Its what scares me and makes me want to try any alternative to being on the operating table. IF they need to do something there are non hospital options if they will work. But with my prostate so large he may want to operate. The other fear is that they find something else wrong, altho i have no symptoms at all.

Love having a yard full of vegetation. great to walk and sit in the evening and enjoy. I never understand why people have a house and yard and dont put plants in it or get out and enjoy it. I know you dislike having it trimmed. Good thing is it will keep growing. 

Maybe Kitty went running around with a friend or did some hunting. he'll come back. I think he calls your porch home now. maybe he will come back with a family.

This is where it would be nice to have a neighbor who was a doctor and pick their brain. Do you know any doctors in Church that might chat with you?

well, did the test and my bladder is fine. nurse said that once the prostrate is fixed I'll be fine and opinioned that meds wont fix this. So bloodwork next week and then scope the following week and im guessing talk about optioned. I had a chance to pee today and still cant. So have to do boodwork next week and scope the following.

Now, this new catheter she put in today isnt draining but I can pee around the catheter. getting blood so im wondering if she put it in too far. Really dont want to drive over to the ER again but i may. not my fault this time. Really dont want them to want to do alot of work tho. You know ERs.

Alright im going to go read. Take good care of yourself and Kodie and hopefully Kitty is back.

• Like 1

No doctors in town, let alone church.  Only PAs at my clinic.  Years ago they had to be under the supervision of a doctor, must have changed over the years.

Panther was back yesterday morning and hung around off/on through dinner.  I didn't do his ears (he won't let me anymore) but it'd been over a week I'd been treating his ear mites...still some black gunk in there as he won't let me clean them thoroughly but hoping it's all dead mites, not live ones by now.  Take swipes to get some of the gunk out as allowed.

He's not eating his tuna so back to regular catfood, he ate some of it, but not all of it.  

Yesterday afternoon was moderate but now back beyond hazardous air quality again.  Enjoyed it while it lasted.

Gosh I can't believe you're still suffering with the catheter!  Not good that it's not draining!  Really they should do it again for NO CHARGE this time! 

Last night I got down on the hearth (about killed me with my permanent knee injuries!) and looked at the bypass door in front of the combuster and it's not the door that's warped, it's the frame!  Called the place in Salem that sold me the stove, they no longer have a technician and are all backed up past October!  Called Marshall's and they'd left.  Got the gasket measurements for the door and ordered on Amazon along with some wood stove glue and a couple other things.  (Amazon sent me prime membership which I just had to cancel...they do not make it easy, nigh impossible!).  Put in a call to Lane Electric inquiring about heating systems, no one called me back.  Ugh!  It totally stressed me out!  Son called...he explained some things to me (in my high anxiety) and told me he will replace the rope (you have to take the whole &%$! stove apart to do so and you have to take the door apart, it's insane!  NOT at all like I remember our old wood stove being!  He said I can run the stove this year and the rope is the large part of the stove burning too hot.  He'll have next summer then to come fix the frame to the bypass door.  It will require cutting out pieces and welding in new ones.  He'll look at it when he replaces the rope.  It will NOT be easy!

I got to talk to an ER doctor and he said I could try pushing it in and out a but and twist it. It came unclogged... finally. I had a bladder stress test, still cant pee but nurse said my bladder works fine and once I get my prostrate fixed I'll be back in business. She agreed with me its just the prostate is squeezing the urthra shut. She asked if the doc has discussed options, he hasnt, and I told her i will avoid the hospital at all costs. 

The meds can take up to 6 months to work fully and no guarantee they will shrink my prostate enough. And I cant be on a catheter for 6 months. Options might be surgery...no. Theres two kinds of laser treatment and one of them seems viable. Theres also a treatment where they used steam to destroy the prostate around the urethra. That I have left for tests, a blood test next week and a scope the following. 

Talked to my brother last night and he's being supportive. He's been thru some of this. he says the psa is not accurate and he refused a biopsy. I will refuse a biopsy also. 

wow, heres the kicker for the ER visit i had with no insurance. The hospital sent me a refund check because the doctor is billing me separately. 984 bucks. So I expect to get other bills as well. Glad I didnt spend that money.

Glad Kitty came back. Still a wild beast I guess. You do what you can.

adding on here. I'm a hopelessly unorganised poster now.

We got some rain unexpectedly and its gone down to the 70s. For the next ten days highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s. Now Fall is here. It struck me while enjoying the rain. We only get so much time. And whether good or bad things are happening its still our gift of time. Abd we should find peace and joy no matter what. Perhaps that is my lesson to learn. 

Getting bladder spasms every 45 - 60 minutes. Feel an urgent need to pee, but the catheter is working. I'll stop there, lets just say theyre uncomfortable. Talked to the 'on call' urologist and he said he could give me something but it may keep me from peeing. So I said no. later I thought, if im on a working catheter what would it matter if my bladder was able to squeeze or not? Going to call my urologist tomorrow and ask, errr rather send a msg.

Ok, take good care of yourself. Hopefully you get cooler temps soon and the fires burn out.

• Like 1

Wow, you are going through so much with this!  My FIL had prostrate cancer...twice, but made it through both times.  He lived to his 90s.  He bowled up until the last two years and had a GF.  I miss him, he's been gone quite a while now...he'd be 103 if alive, so I guess he's been gone 12 years.  Time seems to fly the older I get, but really, my whole life just went like a vapor before my eyes it seems.

Air quality still hazardous here.298 right now which is at the top of that category.  It has been in the 400s and 500s all week.

Panther's ears still not good but he won't let me touch them.

I started driving to my granddaughter's yesterday to watch her baptism, got 45 minutes out (driving 62 as I had someone on my tail) and my check tires light came on, I pulled over, tires looked okay but I thought maybe a slow leak and one is going down, so I drove back to Oakridge Tire Center and had a friend meet me there, dropped car, keys, note off and she took me home.  My son is mad at me, thought I should keep going.  The first three times the light went off in the past, it was a situation, and I have no idea what it is!  Thought I should get it checked out, I didn't feel comfortable, esp. on a Sunday when nothing is open and no one to call to my rescue.  After they call me I'll have to find a ride to go get my car.

So much going on, my head is spinning.  I want to be able to just enjoy the fall, but it's hard with the fire, car issues, leaving to retreat in a couple of days, smoke everywhere.  My one bright spot is Kodie, he's been amazing, so in tune to me!  Such a sweet loving dog.  I wish I could freeze our moments together, I don't ever want it to change.  But like is like quicksand running through our fingers.

Issues with my wood stove, no word from my son about when he'll come and replace the rope in it, I ordered one and got it in.  Usually I've had my first fire by now.  Yesterday hit 91, but today/tomorrow 80s, then down to 70s and 60s again.  It even hit a high of 50s one day!  Been in the 40s at night.

You folks are a bit cooler than us at night. we get 60s. Hoping things slow and calm down for you. I'm trying to enjoy the calm times here. Wouldnt it be nice if all the things get done and you could relax? 

I agree with you. If you're not comfortable driving the car then get it looked at. better safe than sorry. If it's a faulty system then theyll get that fixed and no more worries. 

Enjoy the retreat. bet thats alot of fun. Does kodie get to go or does he stay with a sitter? You are definitely blessed with an angel in kodie. Life is very odd to me. So much to do and fast yet cant do anything and this fixing me seems to be going slow. Granted im a bit scared of what we will find and how we will fix it. But i need it done. Had a bladder stress test. Nurse said my bladder works fine and once the prostate gets fixed i'll be fine. Scope next week. getting tired of having things shoved inside me lol.

Poor kitty. Wants the friendship and love but on his own terms and can't fully trust.

Life...now that things have slowed i get memories. Things come back unasked. I have a couple pictures of me as a small boy. I can remember a few moments and the thoughts attached to them. And I wonder what happened to me. Guess most of us think about that. 

Take good care and enjoy the retreat.

I hate using my phone instead of PC. Kodie is with me and very sick, first time ever. I think he got some onion someone dropped.  Made him chicken broth today and chicken/rice/yogurt/pumpkin for next couple of days. Hoping for the best. If I was home and had my car I would take him to the vet. I feel so helpless. Everyone is going out to eat and shopping so we are alone here. Will be glad to be home but that is not until Saturday night.

How is Kodie doing? Hopefully it passed right on through and he recovered. Are you back home again? I bet you were ready to get home. Peace and quiet...hopefully.

Did your weather cool down? We shifted to mid 80s by day and upper 50s at night. So very nice.

I need to get some pics of the pumpkin flowers. I had late summer planted seed all over the flower beds and theyre all doing well. Pumpkin flowers are so different to me and I love the colors.

Here we go...pumpkins...

The red ones were the bushes Aunt Lena gave the folks when they moved in here.

Tuesday I get my bladder scoped and not looking forward to it. Hoping he will explain some things then and have a plan of action, even if thats to give the meds another month. Honestly , I dont think the meds will do enough. Thinking a procedure in the hospital and it scares me. theres a HOLEP one where they insert and laser and laser away part of the prostate. Its cheaper, does a good permanent job, less side effects, cauterizes and minimizes bleeding. Go in one day for procedure and come home next day. We shall see. 

Hoping all is well there, the weather is cool and the fires have gone away. take good care of yourself and Kodie.

pumpkin.jpg

Aunt Lena.jpg

• Like 1

Your weather is the same as ours right not...not typical of this time of year but have been relieved it's been warm in the daytime as my wood stove wasn't fixed yet.  

At least one day hospital visit isn't too bad...praying for you, I wondered about you this week when I was gone to my ladies retreat,  Wed. through Sat. eve.   My son and grandson came at bedtime so I stayed up late.  My grandson is five and had never been here before.  I fixed this for breakfast! (Chaffle Dog)
image.png.ea586e35b7df2def3ae6bdaed5738529.png

Your flowers are gorgeous, I'd never heard of Pumpkin Flowers before!

My son spent Sunday working on my wood stove, took all day!  They left at 5:15 pm.  I was thoroughly amazed, even for him, he has knowledge and understanding of EVERYTHING that most people would not have a clue about!  He figures everything out!  He took it all apart, and I mean everything!  He didn't just replace the gasket on the door, he also put a gasket in the warped frame around the bypass door to the combuster, he did a lot of cleaning out (good thing I'd "cleaned" it!  Ha!)  He cut the chimney down at a friend's shop and put it back to get rid of the warped piece where it collapsed after the heavy snow, it needed to be willy nilly, not affixed like the instructions had said, hard to explain without showing..  Anyway, it is ready to go now, I just have to have a small fire in it to "cure" the glue and slowly bring it to temp...

Praying for you, dear friend, as you go through the scope this morning.  Let me know what they plan to do!

My Urologist was called to surgery so my appt moved to next week. Wanted to find out something even if its scary...but whoever he's working on needs him more than I do. I basically hadnt studied most of last month but now have to start doing projects for my resume. hard to focus but then this is life. Still having bladder spasms. A heating pad does well but once I get off it the spasms come back. I cant really go anywhere or do much. Considering if I can have the estate sale like this.

Your son sounds like a mister fixit. Sadly, those practical skills are slowly being lost. My dad was that way. Loved to take things apart and see how they worked. If your son lived closer I could give him some of dad's tools. 

Those chaffle dogs look pretty good. Is that a chicken and waffle? I thought I'd brown some chicken and make either a chicken stew or a pot pie.

Has Kodie gotten over his upset? He's such a good puppy. What about Kitty, bet he missed you.

Hope all else is well, take good care.

• Like 1

I am so sorry your appointment had to be pushed back, honestly, you should be moving up in priority!  I mean your life is rendered on stand still right now. :(  
OMG, yes, Kitty missed us!  And I hope Kodie is doing better stool wise, he had an issue night before last, I had to clean his whole back end and he has a LOT of very long thick fur!
Got hit with credit card fraud (last time was three months ago, here I go again!  Had to cancel card, charges driizzling in from the time I went on retreat to today!  Have to go to the eye doctor today, can't use my card. :angry: 
Chaffle Dog
I doubled the recipe and added 1/4 tsp Watkins Bacon/Cheddar snack & dip seasoning.
Chaffles
Ingredients:
1 large egg
½ cup shredded mozzarella
1 heaping Tbsp almond flour or coconut flour
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your waffle maker (a mini waffle maker is best and should make 2 small waffles).
  2. Crack your egg into a bowl and whisk until well beaten. Add the almond flour and mix again. Next, stir in the cheese until well combined.
Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray and sprinkle a little cheese directly onto the griddle (optional but makes them more crispy); pour half of the mixture in and cook for 2-3 minutes or until your automatic timer goes off.
Special wafflemaker:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DDGHS2R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&fbclid=IwAR2KwR7y4XhI5FkWQH5P4rxT8EEUbQZC3P7go10ifgi1ZHELyw8x2-aNHA4

My life is a circus. psa came back a 45 and supposed to be 4. So working on getting an MRI to see if theres any danferous looking lumps or growths. Waiting on Ins to authorize it. So maybe next week. Then a week or two and get with Urologist and see what he wants to do. praying no cancer. Really dont want a biopsy and operation. Just a laser procedure to let me pee again. If I have cancer and is early stage and not spread, it evolves slowly so may do nothing. i dont want chemo and radiation. Being by myself i dont think I could handle that. let along drive to and fro. 

Wow, C card hackers. Any idea how? Do you ever use it online? If so be sure your anti-virus is up to date and scan well. Or maybe someone in person to person transaction scammed your number. I had this several times and no idea where they got it this last time. the first one a website hosting company accepted the card without the security number present. many companies just dont practice good security. At least the bank is taking care of you.

I guess Kitty owns you now lol. Hoping Kodie is better. Guess that was lingering.

Thx for the recipe, will have to try that. Been having pancakes a couple times a week so will try these instead.

Tomorrow is Mom's birthday. Was going to try and do something but cant do much now. But will go gather roses out of the yard and put them in a vase for her.

Take good care and hope Kodie gets well.

• Like 1

My antivirus is always up to date, it was done through a UPS survey (not, apparently), no more surveys!!!

OMG, my heart goes out to you, praying earnestly with you, dear friend!  My FIL had it twice, I think they did surgery, I don't remember him going through chemo.  This is a company called MasterGadgetSenergizer.  Hit my credit card three times so far!  Credit card found in my favor already on two of them, of course the last is the biggest!  Never had a problem with Paypal in all these years!  This was just me being stupid, but last time it wasn't and no idea, some sporting good store in CA, never go to Sporting Goods stores or CA!

Yesterday was Kodie and my birthday!  Went to Eugene to lunch with my two remaining sisters, and my DIL and grandkids joined us.  Kind of annoying how she always expects my sisters to pay. :angry2: But at least she made the trip down.  (We met in the middle, sort of, about 1 1/2 hours from my place, nearly two hours from my sisters' places.  It was good to see them again.  It's strange how DIL never interacts with me or looks at me.  And although the grandkids made me cards, she didn't bring one but at least she brought them!  I figure she has some kind of social disorder or maybe Bipolar or something, super super anxious!  My daughter and her friend texted me yesterday morning and her and my son called me last night (he's on his way hunting near here somewhere).  He said the only place in OR with smoke is here...over 800 air quality yesterday!  I masked up all the way to town and back!

After calibrating tire pressure sensor, it went off again on the way home.  Ugh, not paying dealership $200 to fix something that isn't broken, just acting up!

I totally relate to your cancer scare, I felt the same, I do not have the support and live 1 1/2-2 hours away from the center!

That scary...i've done some surveys off a survey reddit, no more. good that your bank stood up for you. I got a notice in the mail today. One website I bought a couple shirts from late last year. Their payment company was hacked and some payment info was lost. Altho they didnt say what so i dont know if someone can make purchases with mine.

In a way this is a lesson for me as ive started trusting the emails im used to seeing. But anyone can spoof them and add a virus.

I might have gone to work in Cali if I had stayed in 3D. Im crushed the dream never worked out but so thankfull I never moved out there. 

Waiting for Ins to ok my MRI and theyre dragging their feet. MRI place called today and we set up an appt next week to show Ins we are serious. I am not doing a biopsy because they wont do an MRI. So MRI next tuesday and then urologist the following monday to go over MRI and do a bladder scope. Then, hopefully, we know something and can make a plan. If he wants to do a biopsy or remove cancer he needs to do holep (laser) and open up my urethra so the catheter can go away. I am not keeping the catheter all during cancer treatments if thats what I have. Praying no cancer and we can solve this by end of Nov. 

Did I tell you I fell a week ago? very strange. Woke up and went outside because I had left the sprinkler on overnight. My neighbor had shut it off. I was standing still as we were talking and felt very weak and dizzy. I tried to excuse myself but he just kept talking. next thing I knew I was falling backwards. Luckily he grabbed me and lowered me down. After a few minutes i got back up and went inside. Poor circulation? Blood pressure? Needed to eat something? The past week ive felt a bit uneasy but today feel normal again. My glasses hurt my head cause theyre squeezing above the ear. Better now I think. Anyway, really weird.

Happy Birthday to you and Kodie, sounds like a nice family luncheon. I wonder whats up with your DIL. Is she shy around alot of people? maybe for some reason she feels intimidated. She shouldnt tho, you're a very sweet person. I wonder how her relationship is with her Mom. If its bad or abusive maybe thats it. her loss tho.

Lucky you, in the only area with smoke. Hope that clears asap.

I found the birdbath apart again. Some larger animal seems to jump up on the rim and it flips off. Im not putting it back up. Taking the birdfeeder away too. I never see birds in the yard.

I have a hard time believing its cancer. there have been no symptoms. Only thing I had was frequent night peeing but thats after I had a few beers. After I quit drinking I would get up once. My daytime coffee would make me pee but thats coffee. I have no pain or aches or anything else. But considering how the past 5 years have gone i probably do. I will ask for radiation and not chemo. Prostate cancer progresses slowly so if its not bad I may just wait and have them fix the catheter issue. 

Is kodie back to normal? Been thinking about hime. hte the thought of him being sick. 

first pic is me years back when i managed in a target

then Mom and dad some years ago

then me , ummm, no idea what I was doing

I found an old thumbdrive of dads. My folks collected some really nice art off the newsgroups back when those were active. At one point my Dad scanned in all the old family photos. They were breaking down and fading. they were on his hard drive and it crashed. So he lost most everything.

Does anyone trick or treat there? I imagine your neighbors arent real close like here. Or do you celebrate Autumn? I wanted to go on a hayride again one day. maybe someday. but i wonder if anyone really cares. personally dont like Halloween in the least. love Autumn/Fall. The smell of a fireplace. Someone was using theirs the other night. I stood outside a bit and just breathed in the smell, heaven. And a nice pumpkin pie...

Does kitty have any cat toys or does he just play with whatever he can find?

One thing I fear is the car breaking down. I need to find a good garage and wrecker. Sensors can be real flaky. 

well, you folks take care of yourselves.

Scott 2.jpg

B & D.jpg

img040.jpg

• Like 1

I had another charge go through and the bank has not done anything about that one, of course, it's the largest.  Tried calling my bank yesterday FIVE times, holding, authenticating, explaining, only to have them hang up on me, took 1 1/2 hours to get a real person who took care of my issue in one minute!  Beyond annoying!

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Did I tell you I fell a week ago? very strange.

Oh no!  Very scary as no apparent reason or rather an unknown one!  I hope it was needing to eat.  And I hope it doesn't happen again!  It could cause a concussion!

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

I wonder whats up with your DIL. Is she shy around alot of people?

No, absolutely not.  She changed on her wedding day, as in put on an act until they got married.  She yelled at my son all during their honeymoon.  I think she's Bipolar and needs meds but she refuses.  It's been hell for him yet he makes the best of it.  She is awful to her parents, yelling at them.  Seems spoiled.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Lucky you, in the only area with smoke.

The whole town has it and often it's through Eugene, 1 1/2 hours from here!  But it's worse in this area as I'm one mile from the fire.  It escaped containment this weekend so they're working on backburns more, very scary.  It's been running 800s for air quality...300 is hazardous, so this is off the charts.  Have to mask up going outside.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Is kodie back to normal?

Yes, thankfully!  I cleaned out my freezer yesterday morning as air quality went down to 300, a rarity, and found some homemade Boca burgers...thought about giving to him but it seems I put onions in them (I can't eat them because too high in carbs with beans in them)...so I tossed them.  Gave my neighbors the fruit juice I'd made.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

My glasses hurt my head cause theyre squeezing above the ear.

Oh no!  Mine are way too loose and fall off, had to go to my spares, need to take my old ones in and get them adjusted.  Wish I'd realized when I was there last week!  1 1/2 hours from here.  They did my exam and wanted $300 for lenses, turns out ins. no longer pays on lenses, just frames, so my wanting to reuse my frames doesn't help, paid my copay and left.  The Rx wasn't that different anyway.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

I found an old thumbdrive of dads.

Wow, your picture is handsome!  How long ago was this taken?  I have to share a funny story when my son & grandson were here...my grandson (5) said, "Who is that?"  (Picture on wall)  I told him, "That is my husband and me."  He said, "Oh, that must have been before you got all those bumps!"  My son interpreted..."He means wrinkles."  :D  So now I know, I have "bumps!"  I've noticed it more this past year.  It's been a rough year.

So nice of your folks too!  And is the little boy you?

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Does kitty have any cat toys

No, he doesn't seem to play or have a sense of humor like Kodie, feral cats are different, very different from domestic cats, very serious/intent.  Like if Kodie makes a move like he wants to play...Panther is NOT amused!  Goes to archenemy mode quickly!

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

The smell of a fireplace.

I had to do a small fire in my woodstove two days ago to set the gasket/glue.  If I built a large one like normal it would make the glue brittle and crack off, so got this done before the cold sets in and I NEED one!  Been running 64 in the house lately.  Any time now...

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

Does anyone trick or treat there?

Not that I've noticed up here, usually opting to go to Halloween parties in town instead.  They have a "Trunk or Treat" going on in Oakridge.  I long ago quit buying candy as no one would come.  So now I leave the light off to let them know.  Kind of miss that tradition though.

8 hours ago, Tachi said:

One thing I fear is the car breaking down.

I've learned this one isn't as essential, not a safety issue, esp. since it seems useless and a false alarm.  The first three times it was for good reason, now, no.  I'm thinking it's a sensor or battery for one.  Under warranty but that's not covered.  That's how warranties go!

You have a good week and good luck on the MRI!

My Fall...I would guess a combination of not having eaten yet and standing still for too long. Its been hard to find a good position to sit or lay. One day or two I let my rt foot hang down the side of the bed to the floor and it got swollen. I put on the special sock and elevated and it went to normal. As i'm not gettig much exercise I must be careful. 

Still no word if the Ins company authorized my MRI. Considering asking urologist to just fix my Prostate first. Hopefully the Ins co will ok that. I cant be in a catheter forever. While im waiting toi fix this then can do the estate the house is losing value hand over fist.

Glad your bank finally woke up. hate how they automate everything. The systems are almost worthless

Your DIL...my ex was kinda like that. One way while we dated and we made plans and had an agreement. Once we were married she was another person and went back on all of it. From some things she told me after we were married i think she was abused as a child and was really messed up. Your DIL sounds like a spoiled brat. She obviously doesnt appreciate what she has.

Glad Kodie is back to his old self. I had never really considered what we eat that are poison to them. Been so long since Ive had a pet. Good reason not to let people feed em off the table.

Glasses. I think I get a small allowance for glasses. havent had a new pair in many years so its time. After my prostate gets fixed i'll get a pair. With exam and glasses im sure it will be expensive.

Im guessing theres not alot where you live and you have to drive at least an hour for most things? I guess its a tradeoff between being in the peaceful area and having to drive. 

Yep, the lil guy hiking his pants is me. Im saying now that wrinkles are a sign of wisdom. The picture is me many years ago when I worked at target out in west Texas. My folks wanted a nice portrait and I could never understand why. I think it was just the way they did things. My folks were all about what was prim and proper and what people would think. I'm way more practical. I know they thought less of me for it. But I just never cared about appearances and keeping up with anyone or doing things so they had a good impression. Maybe I was wrong but its way too late.

I guess kitty will never get rid of the feral in him. I wonder if he would treat other cats like he does Kodie.

I havent seen anyone trick or treat for probably 20 years. In Lubbock I lived tween two churches and they had a party for the kids. Here there are no kids and the neighbors dont care. When I was a kid it was great fun. Times have changed too much.

Took the car in for inspection and oil change but the guy said they dont do radiators and hoses. i find that extremely odd. Need to find a different place and hope it gets done before a bladder spasm. I can strap a leg bag on and wear sweats and cope. I could even cope with a bladder spasm. but sometimes I cant help it and pee around the catheter. I try wearing a pair of dad;s old adult diapers...but the way everything is set up it often doesnt work.

My first project is to redesign a website. So i picked what to me is very ugly and will apply some design principles to it. As I dont have access to students etc to ask questions of them, it will have to just be a redesign based on principle. Thats where I will fail hard is not being able to have people to test with. But Tbh really dont care, I just my prostate fixed and get rid of the catheter.

Anyway, hope you folks have a good weekend. Take care.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tachi said:

Good reason not to let people feed em off the table.

In his situation someone dropped some on the floor, pure carelessness and it could have cost him his life!

Our air was 1300 yesterday, throat, tongue broke out bad and eyes burning, east winds this weekend, I evacuated to my son's.  

18 hours ago, Tachi said:

I wonder if he would treat other cats like he does Kodie.

Feral cats tend to get into it, because he is older, he gets the brunt.

Good luck with the web design!  So neat that you have something technical and creative!

On 10/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, Tachi said:

Im saying now that wrinkles are a sign of wisdom.

Ha, don't know about that, my brain is tired lately!  :D  Still love my grandson saying they're "bumps."
Yes, you need that catheter out above all!  I wouldn't want to pay the hospital w/o ins, but gosh they make it hard between doctors that disappear on ya and their appts so far off!

I keep googling my issues. because the doctors treat the symptoms with drugs and surgery. I want to also treat the cause. part of which...my age...I cant change. but diet I can. Unfortunately I just dont have the money to redo mu cupboards. I'll do what I can. Going to do 16 hour fasting. 7 at night til 11 the next day. If I can skip breakfast and just do a brunch. Supposed to help reset my insulin. I also have indication of too much cortisol, by my gut. Reading about diet and no one is very specific. Some foods i cant stnd so will do my best. 

The days are mild and the nights cool. Too bad it will get colder. I read we are forecast for a warmer and drier winter. I think the almanac said the same and then in jan or feb next year it starts to rain again.

I look at this yard and think this will be the last fall here. Its sad how many simple things we take for granted, that we dont really enjoy when we can. We get so full of ourselves and fill our lives with things that dont matter. I was thinking back to when I first moved back home. It was a good time. 

Kitty reminds me of a few neighbors I had in Lubbock. Excons and you could tell they were dangerous. Kitty didnt have a safe place growing up or in life and those instincts will never go away no matter how much he loves the attention.

How are you feeling? Your air must get really bad. Do you think maybe uour mouth problem could be from all the bad air?

Doctors, bah. IF the mri indicates he will want a biopsy. i want my prostate fixed. What I dont want is to get into a long line of stuff and be stuck in the catheter. I have to get the estate done, esp if there is cancer becuse that will take a long time. And I will run out of money. So whatever we find I will ask him to wait a few months so i can finish the estate and find an apt. But we must fix my prostate. I really havent had a chance to talk with him. i want to know his honest opinion if the drugs alone will work. I keep reading that prostate cancer is different and works slowly. So if I do and it isnt spreading then it can wait. Lowgrade cancers of the prostate may not cause problems for ten to fifteen years so they just watch it. What I dont want also is for him to do a random biopsy, where they dont see anything but take 10-12 samples...no way. I dont think he's going to like me very much. But then he's moving soon. the head of the urology in the rea is going to be my urologist so we will see. 

Sorry, the whole thing preoccupies my thoughts.

Old picture of the yard when it was in good shape.

No idea what trees these are but they are huge now and they get covered with these beautifull pink flowers. they also get covered with berries. the cedar waxwing birds flock to these and in one day will eat all the berries. Its crazy.

You know whats funny? When I drank I had urinary issues. i would get up several times a night to pee or try to anyway. But after I quit drinking I would only get up once. I didnt have any problems for a couple before this issue now. came out of the blue. I will always wonder what caused it. Must have been diet, no idea. Thats a hard part of life, never understanding why things happen. 

You folks take good care. Scratch Kodie behind the ear for me. 

IM000953.JPG

Picture 002.jpg

So much has happened in the last week, it feels like a year! October 14 our air quality was 1,500, my throat, tongue, nasal passages, eyes all burned!  My son called and wanted me to come stay with him so I packed for evacuation and left...they predicted East winds which would blow to the West towards my home/street and the concern was fire would jump the containment line, just one mile away, which is nothing!  I was so worried about Panther!  

In the time at my son's, I was babysitter.  They went out to eat three times without me, leaving for hours at a time, the kids were "on" early am to night (past my bedtime), so was Murray, their Golden Retriever pup, who kept humping Kodie.  Kodie had an accident in the house, which he hasn't done since he was 5 months old and getting housebroken.  My son said it's because Murray doesn't leave him alone to do his job.  Makes sense.  My son and I cleaned it up and Bethany dramatically opened all the windows and complained loudly about the smell, my son said there was none (I'd already thrown it away).  By the time they got back from church, I was packed up and car loaded!  I couldn't take it anymore.  In all that time, no one offered me any food!  I'd brought yogurt and a serving of soup and three small pieces of chicken, it had to do me.  Still my blood sugar was elevated and I couldn't breathe because of smoke exposure.  It never felt so good to get home! (Gone Friday night to Sunday night).  I had to set up new laptop while I was there and will be on the line for Office 365, whatever they'll charge me for that, only to use the thing a couple of times a year!  Oh well, such is our life now...

Came back and my little sister couldn't sleep, severe pain, went to urgent care...again the next day, the next to Emergency, and the next day, and the next!  She told them it was from the Shingrix and flu shots and they said no, it wasn't.  They FINALLY admitted her to the hospital after five tries to get them to, and spent two days testing, even her brain, spine, everything!  It was side effects from Shingrix:  Guillain-Barre Syndrome.  Attacks nerves, paralyzing her.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/guillain-barre-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20362793 .   She said her husband was a keeper!  She got sent home yesterday, her husband went to tend some business and she fell and couldn't get back up.  That must have been a low point.  They had to cancel their trip to Peru for next week. :(  No idea how long this will last.  Meanwhile can't drive, having to learn to walk all over again.  They fed her high carbs/sugar in the hospital (she's on Keto).  Back to square one with that.  They have her on some regimen for this, I don't know what.  They didn't list it as a side effect on the Shingrix when she got it because it's so rare.  Helluva way to find out you're one in a million!

Last night it poured rain, waking me up in the night several times.  They predicted 35 last night and 43 today, lasting several days, so I built a fire...wood stove burns too hot still so house is 80, will let it die out.  Woke up to this!  Have not seen this in months!!!  They issued a flash flood warning, supposed to rain all this next week!

Air 102222.JPG

I wanted to do a separate response to your post as I had so much to catch you up on.

I fast from 5 pm to noon the next day (used to do 2 pm) and do fine with it, esp. eating the way I do as it holds me.  I have tea and water in between and some coffee.  I think if there's an addiction I have it's to coffee!  Went without it a few days, didn't make any difference, so took it back. ;)

I cleaned out my cupboards when I started, eating eggs, meats and greens and once a month I'd buy a new product like almond milk, almond flour, natural sweetener (monk fruit, erythritol, Stevia), guar gum, etc.  By now I have quite a good accumulation!  And I've collected recipes on nearly everything I used to eat only the healthy version.  Well, haven't found a substitute for Doritos, LOL but I even have recipes for Keto twinkies and cupcakes!  Haven't made them, didn't eat them before, but I kept the recipes in case others want them.

I am honestly happier eating this way, this way of life, than I was before!  I think whatever we find that works, that WILL make us happiest!  I applaud you in your efforts!  I pray you get some relief soon!  And they'll take the catheter out!

Your place reminds me of my mom's, city, but oh man was she a landscaper, just naturally, she got it from her dad.  My little sister also has the green thumb, not me, but then with these hand injuries and severe loss of strength, I can't do it.  I gave them three months notice I'm not going to be a Deaconess next year, it puts me under pressure in the winter (and even this summer with the fires) to be there when I can't, also it is so hard on my hands as I do a ton of dishes, cleanup.  So just have to tough it out a few more months.

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Do you think maybe uour mouth problem could be from all the bad air?

I would think so except it started WAY before the fire!  I've had this issue two years Christmas!  BTW, I had 2 1/2 good months out of 12 this year...harsh long Winter, then horrible Smokey summer/Fall.  But my home survived.  So far.  

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Sorry, the whole thing preoccupies my thoughts.

PLEASE, no apologies!  Of course these things are on your mind, same as my throat/tongue this is mine, I was so relieved to hear the gastroenterologist tell me it did NOT look like cancer!!!  It was worth the visit just for that.  Supposed to get an appt. for an ENT, guess they're waiting for winter to call, if so, it can wait until Spring/Summer!  I've lived with it two years, what's another!  Sometimes it does get really painful, like a week ago.

Oh, and my BS has been elevated 20+ points since the smoke...I found a study that links it to elevated blood sugar and Diabetes!  Shared it with my group.  This morning it was 110, 104 a couple hours before, I'll take it.  Kodie woke me up barking at Panther, who was at the door, so I went out to see how he was, wet and wanted inside.  I showed him his "house" and dry blanket!  Not ready to have a feral cat in the house...

I am glad you've done your homework!  Good to know what you might be facing, I hope your mind can stay balanced and not jump to the worst...easy to do, I know.  My FIL had prostrate cancer, twice, I do not remember him going through chemo, I think he would have complained a lot at that!  Seems they may have done surgery, over and done with, but it's been quite a while and I can't quite remember.  

You remain in my prayers, Scott, I am so sorry you are going through this!  It seems everyone I know is going through something or another!  Hang in there, keep hounding the powers that be to get it out!:wub: