Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

Had my MRI. She said we got some good pictures. Praying for the best but my bet is theres cancer else he wont be able to tel clearly. Really dont want a biopsy and cant immediately jump into rounds of cancer. First I want my prostate fixed so I am free again. Have to do the estate sale no matter what. The house value is crashing. It has lost 100k from the high value much earlier. Nothing I can do. Will see the Urologist monday.

Maybe I'll do like you. Replace the bad stuff little by little. I'm finding articles about how bad some/many things are we use every day. Cooking oils esp. meaning I probably wont be eating out again. 

I think at this point in life you should just do what makes you happy. And take good care of yourself. You're a very compassionate person. I just wis there was some way to ease the pain in your hands etc.

Doctors are odd, I now think its worthwhile to get second opinions. My brother has my ssme problem though he can still pee. he is on the same meds and the doc wanted to biopsy but bro refused. They didnt even do an MRI. He called last night to see how I was and also asked about the estate sale. No matter wht happens I have to at least get that done by end of year. Dad money runs out after January and then will be burning mine. And no idea what medical expenses will be. Its a mess, destroyed all my careful plans.

Grandma, dads Mom...loved to garden in the backyard. They lived in an old town in Ohio in an old house with a nice porch. Th backyard sloped down to a stream. She grew roses. Every year on her Bday Dad lil brother would get her a big load of manure and she loved it. 

One lesson losing family teaches you, albeit too late...is to ask questions while you can. Mom loved to garden. But I had never asked her where that came from and if she did gardening when young. 

One of the side effects to one of my prostate meds is to lower BP. I will certainly take that and be appreciative. I am beginning to think that what is true in medicine is always changing. One day certain things are true but then new studies come out that show us things we never knew before.

Poor Panther wants to come in where its warm. Funny how cats think they own things. Hopefully he will be happy with his warm blanket this winter. 

From what I've been reading none mention chemo, but they talk about radiation. Depending on circumstances I will want to wait if its at all possible. Supposedly an MRI is 96 % accurate in showing cancer and the stage and aggressiveness. 

I bet you were very happy to get home. they should have treated you better and enjoyed the time together.

Have there always been so many fires? I never knew it was so bad.

How is your lil sister doing? That sounds horrible. Why dont medical people ever listen? Meanwhile they put her through all that stress when they could have listened and solvedit sooner. T be honest going to the hospital scares me. You lose control of your life. I dont think i'll get a flu shot this year. Chances are I wont be around people much. Except maybe the estate sale. 

We got almost 3 inches of rain the past 2 days. Good for us as we've been in drought and good to save on the water bill. Tonight a low of 45. I wish I could have some hot tea or cocoa. Last time I drank them it hurt me. I wonder if I could have hot cider. My Urologist hasnt talked about diet. In fact ive only seen him once and he didnt say much. I have some questions for Monday. I cant remember when he is leaving. I hope the new guy is more expressive and isnt deadset on one course. 

I guess the droughts are over. We are supposed to be a bit warmer and drier than usual thru the end of the year. 

Take good care of yourself, hope you can relax and get some rest. Praying for your sister.

• Like 1

Cooking oils especially!  I have videos about it.  
Why is Vegetable Oil in Everything? | The History and Corruption Behind Processed Oils - YouTube
Dr. Chris Knobbe - 'Diseases of Civilization: Are Seed Oil Excesses the Unifying Mechanism?' - YouTube

Mick has the house cleaned out and is listing it this week, it's lost a lot over the summer.  Very sad but nothing can be done.

My little sister is back in the hospital again, haven't heard anything, worried about her.

Tongue throat issue broke out worse last two weeks from the smoke, finally heard from ENT last night, scheduled me for May 1, 60-70 miles away, have to go further distance for Covid test three days before, ugh.  Hope snow is gone by then.

Going to a new dentist this morning, in Springfield, 1 1/4 hours away.

No I have lived here 45 years and never had fires like this or even last year's.  It's because of how they "manage" the forests now.  It's been let go.  Trees down, etc.  All the big bucks going to fight the fire, you have to wonder if that's why they let it get out of control so bad,  Not blaming the firefighters, they're doing an amazing job, it's the powers that be.  But no one listens.  Typical.

7 hours ago, Tachi said:

T be honest going to the hospital scares me. You lose control of your life.

Exactly!  She won't get help from them this time either.  Her pain is 100 on a scale of 1-10.

Got some firewood yesterday, four loads, looks like I need three more, got one load last Spring before they shut the woods.

Panther is scratching the heck out of my ramp post and patio posts, ignoring the cat scratching posts I have on both ends of the patio.  

I've had a fire going several days now and the house gets too warm with it on lowest setting, sometimes it's okay, it's been consistently cold all week though.  The shoulder season is always like this.

OMG, I want you to get the catheter out so badly!  Will he do that Monday?  My heart hurts for you!

The Urologist will indeed take the catheter out. Replace it with a camera, hopefully a flexible tube, and get film of my urethra and bladder. Google says its 'uncomfortable. I say every time teyve put a catheter in or out it hurts. I would love to be able to pee and leave it out but I really doubt that my prostate has come down much. Google and my brother say it takes 6 months for the meds to work fully, IF they work. And mine was the size of a grapefruit. he may want to leave it out but I dont care to have to go to the ER later that day like I did before.  was thinking I could have him leave it out and then hang around in the hallway for a couple hours and drink water. If I cant pee before they close he can put another catheter in. But I would have to be able to pee fully and easily. Last time I could trickle at first and that was because the catheter was keeping the tissue apart. But then it closed up again. I read the Bladder scan results come back in a week. Hopefully at least he can tell me if the MRI indicates cancer. In any case I need to start cleaning and straightening house for an estate sale. Luckily thats all I will have to do. I really dont want a bunch of strangers in here and spreading germs etc but no choice. 

So sorry about your sister. Praying and hoping they can get her feeling better. Bad air/smoke irritates your mouth malady. Have you ever considered getting Oxygen? I know that you are active and do alot. But I wonder if it would help on the dirty air days to use oxygen. Breath through the nose and all. 

The more I read on nutrition the more i'm convinced the best thing would be to eat only fresh food and organic food. 

Panther...do you have any pieces of old carpet? You could try wrapping them on the posts.

We are supposed to get rain all day tomorrow and early Saturday but we will see. Hope all is well there. Take good care of yourself and Kodie and Panther.

• Like 1

The smoke is pretty much gone for right now.  Now it's my car. :angry2: The lights and defrost quit working, tried the local guy but he said they'd have to take the whole dash apart and they don't do that....will have to take it to the dealer and sit all day and wait and likely bring it back after they get a part in, if it isn't snowing.  Not so easy from here.  What a time for this!

Julie went to the hospital, waited until midnight for a brain scan, then went home, starving and tired.  They said she had a stroke prior to this.  ???  How come the hospital in the country she was in didn't notice?  Not sure it was prior.  She's more trusting than I am.

My whole deck is wood, so are all the rails, posts, can't wrap them all in carpet!  I can't do it anyway with my hands like they are.  He's out there in the middle of the yard, 3 am, waiting to get preyed on by a cougar or something.  I don't get him sometimes.  How he thinks is why I won't let him inside.  He's different from a domesticated cat, yet I love him.  But am limited with what I can do for him, and that is hard.

Oh Scot, I am so sorry for all you are going through!  We've been having rain every day, yesterday it was in the morning and last night.  Thought Jack was coming to trim trees yesterday but he didn't, maybe today or tomorrow?  Will see...whenever I least expect it.  He delivered the last of my wood, pole barn is full.  Have had (wood stove) fires for 6 days now.  Let me know what you find out about your bladder/catheter after Monday...

BTW, they said no more Oxycodone for Julie after learning she'd had a stroke. ??? What do they expect her to do?  Tylenol does nothing.

So I learned the auto light only comes on when needed, ha!  All this time I was using it when it was smokey!  Now the smoke is gone, that's why it's not coming on.  Learn something new everyday, it gave me a good laugh.

I have a mechanic coming to get my car at 8:30 this morning, going to look at defrost...he said likely a fuse or relay.  I looked at fuse stuff yesterday 1 1/2 hours until my glazed over, they call them by different names than the function so it makes it very confusing.  All it did was get my anxiety up.  Doesn't take much, anything out of my comfort zone!

Went to lunch with pastor's wife yesterday, she wants me to stay on the deaconess board, said no one thinks ill of me when I can't make it due to snow, etc.  Came home and Jack was here, trimming, cutting trees, got burn pile started, worked all day at it.  I spent three hours picking up branches and tending burn pile, then came and checked it again a couple of times when it was down to smoldering, it looked good!  I can't believe how much a difference it made to my yard, I had him create a defensible space around my yard for firefighting.  He's going to dig up the lilac tree I had him cut and plant it at his house, I am so happy about that, my MIL's lilacs will live on!  Yay!  It makes me feel better, I had a lot of sentiment in that tree (got the start from her).  But it was so close to my house and ramp and always dropped snow on the ramp when shoveled and leaves everywhere too.

Praise God, I dont have cancer! Phew. Saw the urologist today. My prostate is now famous because its the biggest one he and the lab has ever seen, like a cantalope. Meds wont fix it so surgery it is. Sadly, the surgeon is an hour across town and will have to drive the freeways, and those get scary. I may call and see if I can just talk to him online or on the phone. What was described was less invasive. Overnight or two in the hospital. They poke a couple holes in me and use microtools with robotic surgery to take out pieces on the prostate. Need to figure out how brave I am as to how soon . Will get a better idea in two weeks. Hate hospitals and want this to be done. One month recovery at home, cant lift over twenty pounds.

Hope tey get your car done. Nowadays seems they make them so theyre hard to work on. I dont even bother changing the oil in mine anymore. Used to be you could everything yourself. 

The yard sounds good. I can only imagine how pretty that Lilac tree is. Good that its not going to waste. Bet its a load off your mind to get that yard cleaned up. I guess if nothing else the threat of fire gets everyone to clean up. I had heard several times about California. That they were not cleaning up their forests properly, cutting branches away from power lines, dead brush. And thats what heavily contributed to their fires.

I dont understand doctors and medicine. I agree, what is Julie supposed to do? Cant they give her anything else? It scares me to have to go into the hospital because of things like this. Maybe what she had before was a Tia (I think thats the term) My Dad had at least one, went to the ER and got checked out and tey found nothing wrong.

My best friend gave me some advice as relates to my dad. You can only do so much and then you have to let go. I dont understand him either. Panther has adopted you so he sees your home as his home. You are the momma cat. 

Over two days we got 3 inches of rain and supposed to rain Friday. So no more watering. Due to the nice weather my electric bill was way down but I hd two times where i left a sprinkler on overnight ad ran the system with the leaky zone. My mistakes and it cost me 110 bucks extra in water. No more watering I think. We should have a couple weeks with 50s to 70s, which is perfect for me so I have to enjoy it.

Well, now that I know I have the biggest prostate in the world I can stop the supplements and diet. They wont reduce it. Scares me to have an operation because I know many things can happen and seeing the way my Dad was treated in the hospital, I dont want that. But it has to be done so may as well get it over with.

You folks take good care of yourselves. Hoping you get some peace and quiet. Take care.

• Like 1

Thank you, Scott, for sharing your good news! I'm sorry you're facing surgery for your problem, but relieved (as I'm sure you must be) to know that it isn't cancer. I understand why the thought of having surgery is scary for you, along with a month of no heavy lifting afterward ~ but given what you've been living with for so long now, once it's done you'll have it all behind you. Is there anyone who can be with you during your stay in the hospital ~ to act as your advocate and to make sure that you're getting the attention and care you need? Keep us posted, and know that we are thinking of you and pulling for you!

• Like 1

Thanks Marty. And yes one big step forward. According to my Urologist and I will talk to the surgeon the 15th, its a minimally invasive procedure with usually one night in hospital and walk next day. Sadly, there is no one here except perhaps my nextdoor neighbor who has offered to drive if theyre in town. I also need to do an advanced directive just in case. But it's a very safe procedure. Will be very happy and thankful to get past this.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 9:49 AM, Tachi said:

And thats what heavily contributed to their fires.

Yep, here too, and they could have fought it from the air to begin with or dipped from the lake they hoped to protect, but nope!  Instead they let it get to 128,000 acres and still would not dip from Waldo!  Yet meanwhile all the fire debris getting into it as it came clear up to the lake.  I'm disgusted.  My blood sugar is still paying the price.

As big as a cantelope!  I'd be wanting the surgery over with asap!  I'd have to find somewhere for Kodie to stay...

He brought the car back same day, even washed and vacuumed it!  He ordered an engine filter and wiper blades and put them on at church the next day!  And would not take any $ for it.  I was very humbled!

I am SO GLAD IT'S NOT CANCER!!!  That is a huge plus and relief!!  Wow, no wonder you are so uncomfortable though!  Did he remove the catheter yet?  

wow, 3" of rain in one day!  I'd have to don my raingear to walk Kodie in that!  We're supposed to get 2" snow through tonight, more this week.  Kind of early to start that!  Last year it didn't start until a month later!  Winters are getting longer, 7 1/2 months!  Not much in the way of fall this year but who could tell with the smoke!

I hope your neighbor is able to drive you, that'd be a big relief!

My little sister can have Tylenol, it doesn't touch it.

Peggy's house is listed for sale, 1/2 what it would have been when she died, but they moved as quickly as they could and the housing market crashed...

The yard was done in one day, I spent three hours cleaning up stray branches after he left and tending the fire, it smoldered for two days but wasn't going anywhere, it was perfect timing with the rain, and no wind.  It looks nice.  Next day I cut more off the neighbor's encroaching Photinia ( taller than the house and huge), I cut it back to the property line for defensible space.  The funny part is the Forestry rated me down for it but rated them good because it's not next to THEIR house!  Watch them rate me down for what's on THEIR property!   Oh well.  I have my mahogany cut back too.  Still left plenty of room for Panther to hide in.  
I'm horrid at pictures and he wouldn't hold still for a split second, so couldn't get his big round eyes or big paws in...

DSCN1359.JPG

DSCN1363.JPG

DSCN1372.JPG

DSCN1374.JPG

*sigh*

where do I begin, where does this all end.

Forgive me if I told some of this. Saw my urologist and my prostate is as big as a cntalope. I see the surgeon on the 15th, he will test my urine and we will go from there. Im opting to get tis over with asap. Catch is hes a very long drive on the other side of Ft Worth. 

I woke up today wit brown urine. Ive had funky urine before so just started drinking lots of water. then before dinner the catheter stopped draining. So I went to the ER...again. Very busy but I survived. I have a bad UTI and thats probably where the blood is coming from. They changed my catheter, which hurt because of the UTI. In there a total of 7 hours. He gave me a script for antibiotics and a nausea med, because the antibiotics (Cipro) can make people sick. Lovely. Oh, and when I was in the ER I was getting frequent, bad bladder spasms. Still one or two here and there, so am on my heating pad again. 

I read that the blood is from the bacteria irritating the urinary tract linings and the bladder. I'll run get my meds first thing tomorrow and supposedly the blood will clear up in 1-2 days. Good, because its scaring me like crazy. So I have to get this cured so I can see the surgeon, else will have to push that appt back. Im worn out, didnt eat much, feel bad ad am afraid thats from the UTI gettings serious or blood loss. But probably just because im up too late and stress.

Kitty looks angry. handsome cat though. Lots of fur or else lots of eating. 

Forestry there sound like typical beaurocrats. 

Housing market has fallen and ive read it will do so again. Ive given up on it. I went ahead and applied for SS. Wont be much but if it will just pay the mortgage and some bills im happy. I misunderstood how it all works and should have been pulling it already. I wont be working before my full retiremnet age and once I reach that I can earn all I want with no penalty. Not that I think anyone will hire me. 

Snow already, goodness. We will hit 80 tomorrow with lows in the 50s and 60s. We added another inch and a half last week. It rained a bit while I was in the ER but I dont think it was much. I always enjoyed the snow when young, just dont enjoy driving in it. But I can sit and look at it all day. Too bad I cant drink some hot tea or chai or cocoa. I tried some cocoa one day and had some pain in my rt side, guess the prostate.

The man who fixed the car...now thats a good man. If you can you should make him some cookies. 

oh, the catheter sadly will stay in through surgery and 10 days after. then we will see if I can pee. I would even settle for wetting my pants. Just as long as it comes out, we can finetune it later.

My dentist used to give me T3 plus codeine and it wasnt all that good. I think maybe alot of doctors are afraid to write scripts for the strong stuff. I guess they think its dangerous for her to have it. its a wonder tough theres nothing else to give.

Sounds like you have some interesting and beautiful trees. Nothing like a beautiful yard to sit and relax in. 

How is Kodie doing? I wonder if he's dreaming of dog toys for Christmas.

Well, i'm going to try and sleep. Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1

Wow, you said your prostrate was big as grapefruit, now big as cantaloupe, that is scary!  And with a UTI, OMG, like my sister, the hits seem to keep coming!  I am so sorry you're going through this, didn't it start in August?  That's a long time to go through this pain and misery!

Julie said her pain is more of a dull ache/throbbing now rather than searing pain so that is good.  She went ahead and used the pain Rx she had and has been out three days, managing but it's hard.  Your situation is going on and on!  (About housing market), yes, it is what it is, nothing we do can change it, same with my IRA, I'd always counted on that to pay off my place in five years, now it looks like I'll have until I'm 80 as I can't count on that, but maybe with any luck in the years to come it'll recoup some, haha, I know that's a fairy tale.  I have to start drawing out this coming year, hopefully not a lot.

So glad you'll be able to start drawing out soc. sec.!  I filed mine over the phone, things were so much easier back in those days!  I too should have taken out sooner as it was $ down the drain I didn't get and it didn't benefit me to wait.

2 hours ago, Tachi said:

Forestry there sound like typical bureaucrats. 

Pretty much.  They sent a letter (implication threatening) about our places and rated mine high danger for trees/fire, 45 years living here, first time it's a concern!  They revoked the letters after so much feedback (all rural Oregon), they got Fed $ but didn't send any our way for helping us create a defensible space around our homes, we had to provide that ourselves, I hired a tree faller for mine.  Can't help neighboring property but cut back to the border, you watch, they'll fault me for that!

2 hours ago, Tachi said:

How is Kodie doing? I wonder if he's dreaming of dog toys for Christmas.

More like chewing them up, LOL!  No, Panther wasn't looking mad, just how his markings are.  He's beautiful!  (I'm prejudiced)

Yep, beautiful trees here, one of the reasons I'm here, that and the neighbors/community, I truly love where I live although it sometimes feels a bit much, tired of being totally on my own, 17 1/2 years now!

Wishing you well, my friend, 

Prayers.png

This started Aug 24th. I think the UTI is better. No more blood in my urine. Meet with the surgeon Tuesday if I can find his office. They will run a urinalysis so we will see if the UTI is gone and if he will do surgery. 

They approved my SS and it should start in December. It will be enough to pay the mortgage and house bills except not all the property tax. That relieves alot of stress.

We are 44 and rainy today. looks like our warm Fall weather is gone and Winter is here. 

Will keep Julie in my prayers. When I worked a the Walgreens in Lubbock i talked to some people with similar problems. It really makes you stop and think. Hoping she ges more relief soon.

Now the value of the house has shot up about 40k. I'm wondering how accurate Redfin and others like it are. I thinkI will just do my best and whatever comes my way will be a blessing.

Love it when government gets all belligerent on citizens. They should use some of the money we give them. And do their job properly in the first place. 

Puppies need toys. And hopefully they dont chew up people things. You're a proud Mom.

Im going to try and avoid putting up that hufe Christmas Tree my brother sent me. Really no reason to. I have a small artificial three footer that will do. I'd rather hang a wreath and some garland and ornaments in my room anyway. Thats where I will be. I started rewatching all the old movies one night. But I couldnt sit through them. They reminded me of good times years past. Guess I was trying to recapture the feelings. It doesnt work, you cant go back. Only forward. Maybe I should start up the artwork again along a Christmas theme.

I had a plan years back. Move home, get an education in animation. then find a job wherever and work my dream. I didnt hang on to the friends I left. I didnt have time to make friends here, between work and school and the folks. So I find myself with no real friends here and just a few total. Ive always been a loner. But now my health is failing it would help alot here. 

Dinner time. Hot stew in a flor tortilla bowl with cheese. Take good care

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with Kodie, when he was a pup he chewed the carpet in a few places, I covered the place in rugs.  He hasn't chewed anything that wasn't his since, he was maybe 5 months old, but now I have problems with Panther severely clawing up my posts on my patio and ramp!  Have gotten onto him but he does it anyway.  You don't train cats. :(

Good luck at the surgeon's!  So are they doing the UA Tues and then scheduling for surgery?  I wish you luck, I hope it's soon!  I'm sure all will go well.  It's too bad it's gone on so long, and meanwhile grown so big!  It'll be great to get the catheter out!

Yes, praying for my sister daily.  What a year!

My heel has been hurting since Sun., Thursday I couldn't walk, just limp.  I did epsom salts, didn't help.  I couldn't see anything, my foot looked fine, except tiny cracks in the heel from dryness, it's never done this before.  Put Neosporin and a thick bandaid on it, held in place with socks.  I ordered some Colossal Silver Gel, should be here Wednesday.  Having to stay home from funeral and church this weekend, stay off my foot as much as possible..

Maybe it's just here the real estate has taken a dump, so has my IRA, stocks down.  It's bad.  My IRA went from 31,600 to 25,600 in the last year, heard it'd gone down more, haven't looked.

I had a good friend for ten years, she moved to TX 7 1/2 years ago, I miss her and that chapter of life.  Haven't made any since,  did a bit for a while, but then one clung to the pastor's wife and the other to her husband, Covid changed things, kind of wrecked what little of a social life I had.  I'm alone all the time.  Iris talks at me, but doesn't converse, or listen at all.  Mike is to a point but you can tell he has a lot of boundaries up for conversation, kind of weird.  Aww, so it's just me and Kodie, and sometimes my friend George on the phone.  If you ever want interesting reading you can catch up on this...(The latest entries...they came as a shock to me.) 

All I know about my visit with the surgeon tomorrow is that its a consultation for surgery. have no idea whats involved. I would guess he wants to see if im a good fit and healthy enough and tell me about the procedure and answer my questions. I dont know if they do any testing on me to see if im healthy enough. They are supposed to do a urine test so we will know if the uti is all gone. The other problem now is ive been constipated all week. Once you open up your health things start to happen. Pretty sure i'll end up in the doctors office for that. In a way I want to get it over with but in a way not too fast. i know he wont do surgery if i'm constipated so have to solve that one.

I guess Panther has claimed your porch as his own. Doubtful the little tricks I know would work on a feral kitty. They are untrainable as you know. Stubborn. 

I thnk you got Lucky with Kodie. Just everything about that pup was good. And he is luck to have you, I dont think he could find a better home.

So tell me, are you going to get him a doggie sweater? I guess he doesnt need one. But people seem to like dressing their dogs. I wont ask about Feral Kitty, That would be quite dangerous. 

How is your heel feeling? maybe bumped it or stepped wrong? Just a little mis step and pressure bruised it.

Yes, investments have taken a dump. many have lost alot. But they say just sit tight. Ive been following the house on Redfin. It was way down and then the other day jumped up 30-40k, so I wonder how reliable it is. Hopefully it recovers. The only good side if it stays down is that hopefully rents go down.

Holding my breath to see that my SSstarts in December. Should be about enough to cover mortgage and bills except for the increase in property taxes. that will be a big help. 

Covid changed many things and messed up life for many. Things changed and will probably never go back. Almost all my friends have been at work. I'm never been interested in partyng with them so after i left work they vanished. I have one best friend in Lubbock, solid guy. 

I read a couple entries, her husband. better off just moving on I think. Sometimes I wonder how people can be so selfish abd cruel. But then theyre fallible humans. I'll read some more tomorrow.

We are headig into Winter40s a few days and then 50s, so a bit colder.

Well wish me luck tomorrow. Hopefully I pass my urine test. I didnt even study. I just hope I dont get lost. Then well move on to the next problem. 

Do you have snow yet? 

Take good care of yourself. Maybe I should send you a new porch for Christmas.  Be good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

The other problem now is ive been constipated all week.

I've started taking 1-2 fat bombs/day and that keeps things moving well.

Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Ingredients

·         8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)

·         1/2 cup brown swerve or erythritol sweetener

·         1 cup peanut butter

Instructions

1.   Heat a medium size sauce pan over medium heat

2.   Melt butter and add brown sweetener, stir continuously until sweetener dissolves and a thick brown caramel begins to form. This usually takes 6-8 minutes for me.

3.   When the sauce is thickened and looks like caramel remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until melted.

4.   Spoon into a silicone mini muffin pan and freeze for 15 minutes or until set. (This made 30 mini muffin size fudge bites for me when I filled the trays 3/4 full)

5.   Top with sea salt as desired.

6.   Store in freezer.

27 servings, .6 net carbs each
#recipe
https://thebestketorecipes.com/keto-peanut-butter-fudge-fat-bombs

Keto Fudge Fat Bombs*

Ingredients:

1 cup almond butter/peanut butter:6.9,4.6
1 cup coconut oil or butter @room temp:0
1/2 cup 
unsweetened cocoa powder:8
1/3 cup 
coconut flour+ ½ cup Almond Flour (or 2 cups Almond Flour:4)
1-2 Tbsp of 
classic Erythritol sweetener (I doubled from1-2 to 2-4)
1/16 tsp 
pink Himalayan salt

Instructions:

1.   Mix almond/peanut butter and coconut oil. To the same pot, add dried ingredients and stir until well-combined.

2.   Pour mixture into bowl and transfer to freezer to solidify, 45 minutes, OR pour into silicone mold. Once solidified, remove bowl from freezer and form into 2 Tbsp balls, place on plate and return to freezer for 15-20 minutes. Can use mini meat-baller (38@.43 each).

3.   Store in freezer in container.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/keto-fudge-fat-bombs-recipe-real.html
#recipe

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

So tell me, are you going to get him a doggie sweater?

No, he has a vest, never wears it, he LOVES the snow!  Unless it's down below 20 I wouldn't worry, and even then people tell me their huskies are in 15 below, never got that cold here, knock on wood!

Panther has so much fat and fur on him, I doubt he needs one anyway, he has his house on the patio. 

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

How is your heel feeling?

It's healing nicely now, it had tiny cracks in it, they looked red inside, been moisturizing, putting Neosporin on it, only can't keep a bandaid on it with the moisturizer, but figure it needs the moisture at this point, and keeping covered with socks on it.

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Holding my breath to see that my SSstarts in December.

It will.  You can go to the soc. sec. site and check the status later this month.  Mine comes the second Wed. anywhere from 8th to 14th.  Not everyone gets theirs on the 1st.  It has to do with when you're born, go figure, my bdy is the 7th. ???

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

We are headig into Winter40s a few days and then 50s, so a bit colder.

Do you mean for daytime?  That's what we've been getting, going to 50s this week, but it's 20s at night, their predictions are 30s, boy are they wrong!  The ramp is slick until noon!

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Hopefully I pass my urine test. I didnt even study.

Huh?  Study for a urine test?  Or are you moving from one thing to the next?

6 hours ago, Tachi said:

Do you have snow yet? 

I have had it, not much, hopefully not much until after Thanksgiving!  I want to go to my son's!  Nine more days...

It's my back patio Panther has taken over, the front porch is in a fenced yard, it's Kodie's. The patio is 30 1/2 ft. x 14 1/2 ft.  He's actually kind of taken over everywhere and wants to come in the house, not sure I ever want to go there, for one thing he's nocturnal.  For another, his claws!!!  And no idea how he'd mesh with us, but kind of have an idea...so we stick to greeting him on his turf. ;) 

Good luck at the doctor's today!  My doctor's appt. is in the valley, 50 miles away today, trying a new dermatologist, the other one moved farther away than my liking, although I will miss her.

Urine test...just kidding...curious to see if the UTI is gone now that the meds are done. He refused to run a urine test. Said that taking urine from the catheter bag meant it was tainted. 

I had read yesterday that peanut butter is good for keepig the system going and fat too. Geting fat and fiber and fluid in the system helps make healthy stools etc. I must be old because I talk about health stuff like its nothing. Honestly I see alot of good ideas but I think at this point its too late to get me going. One thing I read was do a spoon of mineral oil or olive oil. I might stop on the way home and get some mineral oil. 

I guess Kodie's breed is made for the cold so its just like home. Its in his genes. 

Had a neighbor one time who had 20ish cats. They patroled the neighborhood. I had a small bbq grill with a removable lid. One day I was smoking a roast and when I went out to check the grill...the cats were dragging my roast across the yard. they had knocked the lid off. 

Your heel...maybe its dry and cracked skin? I get that on a couple fingers, only those and I dont get it. When it cracks open I use superglue and when its dry wrap some athletic tape on it. 

SS-thank you, my Bday is the 8th so will get mine the second wednesday of december supposedly. 

They said our normals temp is in the 60s but I think thats a bit high. We are 40s for the high a couple days then 50s. Nights go down in freezing. Sometimes cold fronts will whisk right down the great plains through Oklahoma and settle over us.

Edit-saw the surgeon and like him alot. he wants to do this before the end of the year so I assume next month. Its a robotic procedure. he never has his hands in me. they machine makes 5 incisions and sticks the instruments in and he controls them thru a 3d screen and interface gloves. One night in hospital and go home. He is going to place a temporary catheter tap in my abdomen. A week after surgery he removes the catheter and if I cant pee normally I pee tru the tap. Either open the valve over the toilet or hook it up to a regular bag. He wants my poor catheterized member to heal. And if by chance I cant pee i'm not running to the ER for a new catheter. 80% success rate. 

Still a bit constipated and that concerns me. Did have two small this morning but none since, sorry thats gross. Theres always something. I got some mineral oil and may try that. Was going to go in and see my doctor but she has no openings. Maybe thats one reason why ERs are so crowded, people cant get i to a doctor.

There is no prep for this, no checking my heart or whatever to see if im healthy enough. I'm scared to death but want this prostate etc fixed so bad, have to push forward. 

Thats all here, wish it was dull and boring.

Take good care

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

I think at this point its too late to get me going.

MCT oil.  But honestly, I used to sit there 1/2 hour and couldn't get it to budge (sorry, TMI)!  But this has kept me regulating, seriously.  It easy to throw together a batch, a bit messy, but it does it.  And if you don't have a candy mold, roll into a log and cut into 30 slices...for you, you might want to cut it into 15 slices so it'd be like 2/day instead of one.  lay on wax paper/tray, freeze 45 min. then put in ziploc bag and store in freezer.  Or cut into the 30 and take 1 with each meal.  I'm not kidding, I've done this for months now and it works!  If I miss 1, I notice pronto!

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

Maybe thats one reason why ERs are so crowded, people cant get i to a doctor.

Oh no doubt!  People go to ER regularly now!  What happened to our doctors that they're so short for help now?  Did medical needs increase that much with the onset of Covid?  You'd have thought it'd go down by now!  Now it's RSV.  I know someone whose child has strep and their little boy (two?) has RSV.  You can hear it in his chest, he coughs incessantly.  I'm taking her my humidifier on my way out of town to the doctor this morning.  If I don't get it back, I'll buy a new one.  All I know is, he needs it, NOW!

Tachi, you take good care of yourself, this isn't your fault at all, nothing you could control, I am sure you will make it through the surgery just fine!  So cool how they can do that robotically.  I can't imagine operating with a machine, seems harder to me than governing my own hands, but maybe not.  It's amazing what they can do.  I once went to an endodontist that used robotics.  So good to hear all this news.  The fat bombs work, try it!  

What a surprise, surgeons office called me and he has an opening for Monday at 7:15. Guess i'll get a cab over. Trying to get ahold of my neighbor who said he'd help. No idea if they'd let me leave in a cab or I have to have a person. But then I really dont have a choice. If my neighbor is out of town for awhile I'm out of luck. 

I had asked the surgeon if there was any prep and he said no. But I have to go to my pcp for prep this afternoon. Will do an advnced life directive and ask about the constipation. I know its important to get the system going again after surgery and if I cant poop then its going to be a problem. I did a spoon of olive oil at bedtime last night and had a small bm this morning. But its not enough. I cant really take anything before the doctors visit. It kind of handcuffs me as far as taking anything at all because I dont know if or when I need to be somewhere. And the hospital may want to have me come in for a prep visit beforehand. I'm thinking they wont do surgery on me yet. 

Scared to death but I want this to be over. Cleaning house and making a list of things to do and take to hospital.

Geez, pre-op appt with pcp in a few. Hosital will call me to set up a pre-op there. No idea what they are doing. But I took a teaspoon of olive oil last night and had several small movements today. So will see. Will need a cab to get to hospital Monday. Leave about 5am, geez again. Neighbors are nice enough to agree to come get me. Praying this all goes well and I can get my health back.

• Like 1

It takes more than once to really notice a difference.  Keep taking it.

I was out of town all day, dermatologist, dentist, got groceries.  Took all day.

I'm glad to see you've had some bms even if small ones.  Keep taking oil, maybe at mealtimes.

I'm glad you have your bases covered with the surgery for rides.  

I need my son to give me back my paperwork, the folder I gave him has his copy AND the original, including medical directive.  You reminded me. ;)  Wish I was there, I'd give you a ride.  5 am, they always schedule early!

Wishing you well, Scott!

I took olive oil at bedtime for a couple nights and one metamucil capsule and it seems to have done the trick. Once I get home will continue the metamucil. 

When I got home Pcp s office called to set up remote appt with my doc because my tri-glycerides are high. Had to look it up and is related to heart problems. I dont eat a bad diet and I dont drink. But I did drink some for many years and some of what I eat is bad for TGs. Good we caught it but I dont want to get involved in alot of stuff now. Researching now what I need to give up and what I can eat. 

As far as I can read I can have turkey, chicken, some fish...green beans, limas, brown rice and quinoa,...broccoli...Yogurt...and i'm leaving out things I wouldnt eat like squash. I'm sure she will talk diet with me. I know I need exercise and will do that after a month of healing. easy stuff at first. And my preference is to tackle this first with diet and exercise...which I wont be doing for a month or so. I've heard the meds for cholesteral have bad side effects. 

I will be giving up some foods I love, some comfort food but oh well. 

You are a strong person, always helping others and running errands. What I often wish and pray for you is some peace and quiet and rest. Thats where Kodie is so wonderful.

Wanted to ask if you were getting Feral Kitty a present. What do you get a feral cat?

I set up a cab today, 5:15, up at 4am. Dont know if I can do it. Have no choice. Scared but also so excited to get it done. Will see how bad I feel after and if I can walk into CVS for meds. 

I'll let you folks know how it went. I'm sure it will be fine.

Dont forget your documents. 

I want to wish you and Marty a Happy Thanksgiving. take good care. Are you cooking a turkey or visiting family?

36 minutes ago, Tachi said:

I'll let you folks know how it went. I'm sure it will be fine.
I want to wish you and Marty a Happy Thanksgiving. take good care.

Yes, Scott, by all means, DO let us know! We are thinking of you and sending healing thoughts and prayers to you. And we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving too!  🧡

• Like 1