Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Almost at two year mark and feel like sliding backwards

Hi everyone it has been awhile since been on here I had to make a new account forgot old log in info, for anyone who does not remember me I came on here lost, empty,lonely and hopeless after my husband passed away I never thought I could exist without him we were together 26 years and had 7 grandbabies I now have an eight Kevin never got yo meet , everyone took me in with open arms and helped me to go through this endless grief process, I found out my husband passed away from a drug over dose and still everyone stood by me, I tried to help others when I could, this journey is hard, endless, and full of pain slowly I fell away from the site , started learning to try and live again try and be happy again even tried to find love again (which still haven't found) but I feel myself slipping backwards a lot lately feeling more bad than good days again just passed his birthday April 10 and his death date is right around the corner am sure that had a lot to do with it but think I need to be back here for a little while back with people who understand the pain

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear from you again!  Don't know if you were able to read my message since you couldn't get in to your account, but basically asked how you're doing & miss you!
Glad to see you again, although I'm sorry you're getting hit hard with the grief again, it seems to do that, reminds me of a roller coaster, this journey of grief...

Thank you Kayc yes it is hard to be doing so good then feel like day one all over again, I learned that no matter how far I come I still need people who understand it was hard though coming back I know a lot of people who come on here are just starting the journey and its hard for them to understand trying to find love again while dealing with the feelings of loss I couldn't picture it two years ago. I can't seem to shake the grief wave on day 4 I try to just be around my family and grand babies when it hits because they tend to make me feel better, just gotta ride it out and know we are not our thoughts or feelings and it will pass

• Like 1

I wish you well with it!  I gave up years ago on having someone in my life, it was hard to think of doing 40 years without him but I've gotten resigned to it.  Each of us must do what we feel best in proceeding with our lives, it's not always apparent at the beginning, it can take a while, quite some time, to figure out.  Those special days are still hard.

• Like 1