Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For Cookie and her beloved John.

On ‎06‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, kayc said:

I am having a super bad reaction to an antibiotic for my ear infections...this "reaction" is worse than any pain I've ever known, I'm wiped out from it.  Didn't sleep at all night before last.  Went back to the doctor yesterday, felt I wasted my time and effort.  I hope it starts improving soon.  If it wasn't for my animals I'd probably have someone drive me to the hospital.  But then if the doctor wasn't worried, I guess I should just give it time to pass...hopefully it does pass!

I bought a different car yesterday, my son is going to sell mine, I decided I need a four door automatic, I'm getting old and with the injuries I got last year (not to mention the time I broke my right elbow) it hurts to drive a stick shift, hold the clutch in, etc.  Plus (picture this) most of my friends are in their 80s...a couple of months ago I drove them to a luncheon 50 miles away...Getting them into the backseat wasn't a problem, getting them OUT was a whole different ballgame!  Picture me pulling, prying, pushing, you name it to get some 89 year old ladies out.  I thought I was going to have to call for a crane!  The episodes of laughter didn't help our cause any.

Oh, kayc, that sounds horrible.....hope it does pass.  This getting old stuff is hard.  I had to laugh at your description of getting the "old ladies" out of the car.  You have such a good attitude in troubled times....hugs to you, Cookie

• Like 1

I can't wait to take them to Creswell next month!  I got a new battery for the Volvo yesterday, cost an arm and a leg, but it's done.

• Like 1