Grief Healing Discussion Groups

You should be very proud Tom.  It is so nice seeing teens and tweens being brought up in a situation that will keep them interested for years, and perhaps future generations also.

• Like 1

Horses are wonderful!  Beautiful rider too!  No wonder you're proud.  ;)

I'm sure I've told this before, but my daughter loved horses. She fulfilled her dream of owning them when they got their farm. They had a Western wedding and rode into a rodeo arena to be married. Horses definitely have different temperaments. Her paint gelding, Johnnybegood was sneaky & standoffish and would bite you if he could.  Her bay filly, 6 months old,she named Shania. That little mare followed her around like a giant puppy. When Debbie got cancer, she couldn't ride anymore, but the little mare was one of the things that kept her alive.

An old cowboy in Wyoming(35 at the time,  LOL) handed me the reins and threw me up on a horse when I was 11. No saddle, just hang on and go, so I did. I did a lot of bareback riding. On a saddle, never used the stirrups. Was only thrown once by a Welsh pony, of all things. Didn't like little horses. Rode a runaway through the trees without a bridle once. Didn't like that either.  LOL Oh, the good ol' days. One thing to remember. Always make sure the horse knows YOU are in charge.

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, iPraiseHim said:

Cookie,

I am so sorry about Olive.  This grief is no different than the loss of your beloved husband.  Although it FEELS like you are being punished it is because death hurts so much.  Your beloved, Olive, was with you at her time of transition.  She was beside you, whom she loved.  My heart grieves with you.  It is okay to be devastated. Feel whatever feelings that come.  Yet know that the UNIVERSE (GOD) is always for us and not against us.  I'm sending hugs your way. {{{ HUGS}} - Shalom

George:  I reread this because I am so bereft after losing Olive and I wish someone could convince me that the universe is for us/me.  I can't seem to shake this....one loss too many is what it feels like.  Trying not to lose hope about life.....so sad still...Cookie

Tom:  That was lovely...what a rider; you should be proud.  I love horses too.  Don't get to ride much.  Have gone on a couple trail rides recently.  Thanks for sharing the wonderful video....Cookie

• Like 1

Picturing you gals riding horses brings a smile to me...it has been YEARS since I have ridden, I content myself now to visiting the horses down the street and offering them neck rubs and treats.  The horses I fell in love with a few years ago (also down the street) have been moved and I won't see them again, I miss them terribly.  They all have their own personalities, and I grieve their absence and hope they are happy on their new ranch.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 8:15 AM, Cookie said:

George:  I reread this because I am so bereft after losing Olive and I wish someone could convince me that the universe is for us/me.  I can't seem to shake this....one loss too many is what it feels like.  Trying not to lose hope about life.....so sad still...Cookie

As you know, grief takes time.  My assurance comes from God, reading and meditating on the scriptures.  I wish I knew some way to impart that to you.  My prayers are simple, "Lord help me!"  His word says that we (people) know how to give good gifts and we are not perfect. I know that when we ask God sincerely and just keep asking he will answer prayer. My collie, Brandee, of 10 years developed stomach bloat (twisted stomach) .  We did not have the money to do the surgery so I had to make the immediate decision because she was in severe pain.  My wife was not even able to say her goodbyes.  I still miss her every day.  

Death is just so painful on so many levels.  I do pray regularly that God will grant you peace and rest with Olive.  Our pets have a special bond of love and trust. (((H U G S ))) -.  Shalom

• Like 5

On ‎07‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, iPraiseHim said:

As you know, grief takes time.  My assurance comes from God, reading and meditating on the scriptures.  I wish I knew some way to impart that to you.  My prayers are simple, "Lord help me!"  His word says that we (people) know how to give good gifts and we are not perfect. I know that when we ask God sincerely and just keep asking he will answer prayer. My collie, Brandee, of 10 years developed stomach bloat (twisted stomach) .  We did not have the money to do the surgery so I had to make the immediate decision because she was in severe pain.  My wife was not even able to say her goodbyes.  I still miss her every day.  

Death is just so painful on so many levels.  I do pray regularly that God will grant you peace and rest with Olive.  Our pets have a special bond of love and trust. (((H U G S ))) -.  Shalom

George:  Thank you for your comforting words.  I'm trying.  It's coming and going.  She was such a big part of my life, especially since losing John and Ranger.  I think the suddenness of it was traumatic (which it sounds like you are familiar with).  Thinking about another puppy, but will have to be careful and take my time.  Need something to love.....Cookie

• Like 2

I honestly don't see how I could live without my dog.  He is my incentive...when I had surgery and my heart stopped, they resuscitated me but it kept stopping for a couple of hours afterwards and they'd yell at me to breathe...it felt so alluring to succumb but I thought of my dog and even the irritable cat depending on me and it made me give great effort into breathing and sticking around here a little longer.  I don't know that the outcome would have been the same if not for them.  One thought of Arlie at home wondering where I was, scared, anxious, no, I couldn't do that to him, I had to come through!

Besides, when I get home, what a happy greeting I get!  (from the dog, not the cat)

And hanging out with him, he's so funny and goofy, I just love him to pieces!  Looking over at him, just chilling, big grin on his face, that contented smile...it makes ME smile!

• Like 1