Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Katie, 

Your road is indeed very rough, but you are doing it, day by day and your children will rise up and call you blessed. 

Sending you much love and prayers,

Kay

• Like 3

Tomorrow is two months since my Allen suicided.  I will never get the image out of my head.  No matter how I try.  I want to go back and have him talk to me so I knew his feelings and could’ve loved him through it.  

Mom having difficulty eating.  I’ve lost weight.  I try.  I really do.  I make certain my boys are ok and cared for either by myself or my parents or best friend.  

I am so numb again.  Just feeling nothing. Like if I felt it all I will crumble to pieces.  

• Like 1

I think it's common to lose weight in early grief...I did too, until I started doing the emotional eating and went the other way.  It affects us in every way.

I'm sure you will never forget the image, but with time it won't hold so much power over you, hopefully.  I remember the last moment I saw George, his eyes were huge, he was in acute distress, he was having a heart attack and they were working on him...then they threw me out of the ward and locked the door behind me.  I never saw him alive again.  But I digress...have you talked to your therapist about doing EMDR or EFT? Anything that helps!
http://blog.healthjourneys.com/update-from-belleruth/emotional-freedom-technique-eft-may-look-weird-but-if-it-gets-the-job-done-do-we-care.html
http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2010/03/using-emotional-freedom-techniques-eft.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2016/03/in-grief-using-eye-movement.html

I know you're a good mom, Katie, and have no doubt you'll continue to take wonderful care of your children. I'm glad you have such good support around you, the most important thing you can have!
I'm sure the shock hasn't worn off yet, it's your body's way of protecting you so it ekes it out little by little.  I don't know when it'll wear off, it's different for everyone and you've been through so much, it may take quite some time.  Try not to worry about it, just get through today.  You're doing well!  And you have all of us behind you, rooting for you!

How is Caleb?

• Like 1

It’s been just over two months since Allen suicided.  I miss him and ache for him so much.  It’s difficult raising Caleb and Ryan. It’s difficult to even get out of bed and function.  It’s so challenging to just do simple tasks like brushing my teeth or showering or eating.  My world has been shattered.  I do my best for the boys.  But when it comes to me I’m lacking.  The boys are my priority.  

I cannot even.fathom what you are going through, Katie.  Add on the pregnancy hormones and loss.  I’m so glad you have the boys to give you purpose and something to fight for.  So much to deal with in such a short time.  My thoughts are with you.  Those little self care tasks do become monumental.  Do what you can but especially eat.  It’s too easy to really get messed up more by neglecting that.  💔

• Like 1

Katie, my dear ~ This just came to me via email. I share it here with you just in case you may be interested. If the timing doesn't feel right to you now, you might wish to save the information for later:

Free 3-Week Series: Suicide Loss Support

This FREE course is designed for anyone who has lost a loved one to suicide

Remember With More Love Than Pain

• Get instant access
  • Specifically tailored around the tragedy of death by suicide
  • Weekly video workshops
  • Secure access to the David Kessler Training site
  • Available on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
  • Powerful Healing exercises
  • You can go back to each lesson again and again
  • Discussion around the topics that rarely get talked about

"Life Ends, But Love is Eternal"

- David Kessler

Week 1: The Moment that Changed Everything

Losing a loved one to suicide alters the rest of your life. In this series, we'll begin to process the loss as well as your reaction to begin to let go of some of the pain that keeps you stuck in the trauma.

Week 2: Your Reaction and Response

When our loved one dies by suicide there are so many "what-ifs", questions and "if-onlys" on top of the grief. Together,we'll find ways to move beyond the confusion, anger, and guilt to make room for a legacy of love.

Week 3: Remember with More Love Than Pain

Creating a life after loss doesn't mean forgetting. Love never dies. In this series we will talk about ways to begin to find meaning as we move forward and consider life after loss.

David Kessler 

David Kessler is one of the world’s foremost experts on healing and loss. 

Personally, David has faced some of life's most challenging losses and uses his experiences to live fully.

He is the author of five bestselling books, including two bestsellers with the legendary Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.  David’s work has been featured on CNN, NBC, Fox, PBS, Dr Oz and Oprah and Friends. 

dm5wMDsYQZKpPSPXJOb5_Untitled_design-45.png

• Like 1

That looks like a good course, and of course, I've heard of David Kessler.

Katie, your feelings are to be expected.  You're doing good to take care of the boys.  In time I hope you can learn to do the same for you.  Right now, like you say, just showering and brushing your teeth is a feat.

I’m starting an inpatient program tomorrow as I’m just struggling without any retreat.  I need the attention and respite.  Probably at least a week.  Just wanted to let you all know.  Plz pray for me and for the boys as they will miss mommy.  

• Like 2

Katie,

Praying for you and the boys...I hope you get much relief and help there.