Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dear Katie, my prayers are with you. Come here any time you need to, but please rest and recover as much or as little you can. Ask for help any time you need it. You are in a safe place with professionals who can help you. Know there are a lot of people who are holding your hand. You are not alone.

• Like 1

I too have been thinking of you and wondering how you're doing.  Sending you my love! ❤️❤️

Haven't heard anything for a few weeks. Wrote her, will see if she replies.

It's only been 2 1/2 weeks, it just seems longer.  Praying for Katie and the boys.

Katie,

I hope you find something to enjoy in each day you're alive, perhaps a smile from Ryan or Caleb.  A visit from your friend.  A phone call from your parents.  These are the things that get me by, only with me it's my dog as my babies are grown and gone now.

I am sorry Katie.  I know that one loss is a struggle but multiple losses must be so much harder.

You are smart and strong enough to recognize how you are doing and seek help when needed.  That is so great you can do this.  Praying for you for some peace.  Hugs too you 3 ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

Katie,

I can't begin to imagine.  Just do today, that's enough.  Take all the hugs you can get from Ryan and Caleb!  I know it's hard, Hon, we're all on your side, praying for you.

• Like 2

Katie-girl, none of us can imagine the pain you are going through.  None of us can take the load off your young shoulders with words or with deeds.  All we can do is be here for you to share your hurt, and I am sure even the amount of hurt you have gone through, we cannot take any of that hurt away.  Please, I hope you have friends and close family that are there with you.  There is a poem written by someone about footsteps on the beach and walking along with Jesus.  The person asks why did Jesus desert them when all they saw was one set of foot prints.  Jesus said he had not deserted them, that was the time when he was carrying them.  My prayer is that Jesus will carry you now.  And, I know some people believe this is a fairy tale, but I am one with loss of faith that got some relief from thinking Jesus was carrying me.  I am not a religious fanatic, I have lost so much of my faith, but I know it is there waiting for me.  I cannot even imagine your loss, it is so far out of the realm of my understanding, but I hope some pastor can make you feel Jesus carrying you.

At one time in my life I felt totally adrift from my faith.  There was a bar in the motel we were staying in for my treatments at the big cancer hospital.  I was so frightened, I was not a drinker, but I told my husband I had to have liquid courage because God had forsaken me.  Then my husband, who once questioned my reasons for my faith, he reminded me of the shepherd  who had 100 sheep.  He lost one and he left those 99 other sheep to go after the one.  God had sent me an Angel in the form of my own Billy.  Sometimes I struggle with my  faith, but know if I could talk to Billy I would find it again.  But I cannot  talk to him and have him answer.  And, when I need it the most, it is not there, and talking to pastors has not helped.  I know this is about religion, and we are not supposed to discuss religion or politics, but these are just my honest feelings.  My mom would mention the "Peace that passes all understanding" and we all need that, some want it, some do not believe in it.  Some of us try to hold on to it.

"I'm struggling" was just two words and we humans cannot understand the depths of your struggles, we do know it must be 10-fold the amount we are struggling.  I wish you peace our Katie girl.  We love you.   

• Like 3