Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 hours ago, Marg M said:

Sometimes I struggle with my  faith, but know if I could talk to Billy I would find it again.

We may not know where God is, but He knows where we are all of the time.

• Like 1

Katie, we sit with you here, just as if we were having a cup of coffee/tea at your table, so we are with you.

• Like 1

Katie, the struggling is to be expected, but I'm so glad you and the boys have each other.  I think of you often and pray when I do.  It takes much time for all of this to process, it's unfathomable, how can it not take time?  Just get through one day at a time, we'll be here in your corner, rooting for you.  (((hugs)))

• Like 1

I’ve spent six hours in the ER this morning.  I felt like I was having a heart attack.  That was ruled out.  Pneumonia was ruled out.  And blood clots in my lungs were ruled out.   I have viral pleurisy.  The most painful thing I’ve ever endured.  Laying down is excruciating.  It could last a few days to a few weeks.  😫

• Like 2

Katie I hope you will be able to start feeling better soon.  You definitely need your strength and good health.  You must be exhausted from the pain and worry.  Maybe now that you know what it is you can get the appropriate treatment.

You are so incredibly strong.  I wish you didn't have to go through everything to find that out.

Hugs and prayers to you and the boys.

• Like 1

Dear Katie, we are thinking and praying for you. Please, any time you feel unwell ask for help. Call someone, go to ER. You don't have to stand up for anything elese on your own. You are not alone. Ask for help and care.

Peace

Ana

• Like 2

Katie-girl, please listen to Ana.  Ask for help, you deserve it.  Life is hard but one day you will see the sun, you will see the flowers and the aspens changing colors.  I don't know how many years it will take, but please just hang on and when it gets too hard ask for help.  Please.

• Like 1

I have a friend who had that, in her 20s, very painful.  Are you able to sleep in a recliner if laying down hurts worse?  You're in my prayers, Katie!  Can you take anti-inflammatories to help with it?

Thanks everyone

yes im on an anti inflammatory med.  that’s really all that can be done.  It could last a few days to a month.  It’s not better yet.  Crying today didn’t help it.  😢.  And yes I’m sleeping in the recliner so the pain isn’t as bad.  

We are getting our first snow storm yay...  😕

• Like 2

Oh Katie, I'm sorry.  Do you have someplace to go on Thanksgiving with your boys?  I hope the snow storm doesn't amount to a lot.  to me it will always be a four letter word, even though it is pretty.  It felt very different to me sitting in a warm home looking out at it with George...together we made snow angels and sipped hot chocolate.  Now it just represents not being able to drive safely and all the shoveling I have to do and canceled plans.

Katie, I'm glad they're coming to be with you.  No, right now it's not any easier. Sending you love and healing thoughts.

I'm glad that you have your friend and your parents coming to your home.   It must feel good knowing they love you and the boys enough to do Thanksgiving with you.  It won't be the Thanksgiving you had hoped for and I'm sorry about that.

Take care to look after yourself.  I know it's hard to feel good about anything but your health is very important.  Hugs to you ❤️🙏

So we made it through thanksgiving but not unscathed.  Myself and both boys are sick.  We all have strep throat and Ryan also has a double ear infection.  So mom is over with homemade soup and cuddles. I miss my husband very much.  Caleb really misses his dad right now.  

This is a long bumpy road... 

• Like 3