Gwenivere

Grief removes all guard rails

You know what Dee?  I was trying to help you in some small way and you wind up helping me.  Thank you so much for that. You are a very insightful person.  I think we are gonna make it, for as long as we can.  

• Like 3

I had a dream about Steve this week.  He was in full health and wearing his usual apparel of boots an leather jacket like the guy in my picture.  As with all things in a dream, we were doing something that was usual but something we needed was moved.  He went to get it and had to step in what looked like a puddle.  As soon as he did it swallowed him.  I couldn’t move or shout.   I knew he drowned.  I woke up screaming his name.  I watched him die a 2nd time and could do nothing, just like the first.  Unfortunately this dream won’t go away like most, but being intense I’m not surprised.  I’ve been crying since as it stirred up so many things.  I’ve been under so much stress lately and really missing and needing him.  Wanting him.  I can just see the look an anyone’s face I told about this in the real world.  That look of you still are dwelling on that?  You’re not used to his absence?  This is gonna take time to adjust again to quiet desperation.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gwenivere said:

As soon as he did it swallowed him.  I couldn’t move or shout.   I knew he drowned.  I woke up screaming his name.  I watched him die a 2nd time and could nothing, just like the first.  Unfortunately this dream won’t go away like most, but being intense I’m not surprised.  I’ve been crying since as it stirred up so many things.  I’ve been under so much stress lately and really missing and needing him.  Wanting him.  

I can just see the look an anyone’s face I told about this in the real world.  That look of you still are dwelling on that?  You’re not used to his absence?  This is gonna take time to adjust again to quiet desperation.  

Oh Gwen: My heart breaks for you as I read this.  Dreams can seem so real.

If you should have to watch anyone's face in the real world as you share, please ignore what you think someone is thinking.  You have the right to feel this loss.  Please know I care how you feel. 

I have been trying to remember a dream I had last week, and I can't remember it.  I can only remember the other person who was in it besides me.  My memory will soon forget about it and it will leave me.  Hope this dream leaves you quickly.  Dee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, Dee.  I would only post this here and tell my counselors.  Only people I can trust.  Hugs to you and a good nights sleep.  🌸

• Like 2

I'm so sorry you had this awful dream, I can't imagine how you are feeling.  Like Dee said I hope the memory of it leaves you soon, but I guess as long as we are talking about and keep commenting on it, it won't.  Sending hugs and sending you NO dreams!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I, too, am sorry you experienced that dream and that it conjured it all back up...people only don't get it because they haven't experienced it themselves.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don’t. Know if any of you read Garfield, but I ran into a good one.   Jon says 'Sometimes dreams do come true'.  Garfield thinks 'you dream about stumbling aimlessly through a meaningless existence?'  Could have wrote that myself.  Anyone here at various times.

• Like 3