Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It’s been three weeks since my love died.  Since he took his life.   My dear friend shared this with me tonight.  She thinks I’m brave.  That gift means so much.  I thought I’d share this with all of you because you are all brave too.  I wish I let Allen know how brave he was.  Before it was too late. 

8ECA2249-6CA3-4AF6-8706-CA7FEA347299.jpeg.70a5cf2598bd7baedce9b5426ad06c0a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

That is really lovely Katie.  You are brave.  Allen was brave for quite a while too.

I remember the feeling like it was yesterday in one moment and a lifetime ago in the next moment.  It i still like that for me now.  Fortunately I have learned some coping skills so the fluctuations aren't as difficult as they were.  Every day is different.  I'm just so sorry you have so many loved ones you are grieving.  I believe that makes it much more devastating and difficult.  Hugs and prayers 🙏 ❤️

• Like 4

Oh Katie, that is beautiful, and I feel that about you too...I would frame it and keep it to look at whenever I'm not feeling so brave.  Just getting up every day is bravery!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Widowedbysuicide said:

I have learned some coping skills so the fluctuations aren't as difficult as they were.

Can you share them with us?

Breathing is a big coping skill for me.  Our brains and body need oxygen to work well so the shallow breathing or holding your breath deprives us of what we need. I need to have visual reminders to breathe deeply, stickers or special items in places around my home or the car help.

Music can help some people cope.  Meditation cd's or tapes help me. 

• Like 3

That makes sense.  I've caught myself holding my breath and don't realize how important the breathing is until I exhale and take a deep breath to get oxygen in again.

Anne has always used music and meditation, there are a lot of them shared in the Tools section.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1