Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dad had a good long life, but now what...

My dad passed last Tues, 8/14.  He was 94 years old.  A great father, husband to my mom, and all around great guy.  I had moved him from his home 3 states away to assisted living near me 6 months ago.  He had fallen about once or twice a year for the past 10 years, but I never knew about it.  I started visiting more often, on a monthly basis and witnessed his decline.  That's why I moved him near me.  I had a friend orchestrate the sell of his home, I had a will, etc written up, and I was the executor of it all.  Now that he has passed, I don't know who to turn to for advice financially.  I feel so confused, concerned, and full of anxiety about that and his passing.  To whom would you recommend I turn?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C47090 said:

Now that he has passed, I don't know who to turn to for advice financially.

I'm so sorry for your loss, my dear.

If you are seeking information, comfort and support for your grief in the wake of your father's death, then you'll find that and more right here with us.

If it's financial / legal advice you're seeking, you might begin with asking the friend who orchestrated the sale of your father's home and whoever helped to write up your father's will if they could point you to an estate attorney. 

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I offer it in hopes that it may help: Use This Executor's Checklist to Smooth Estate Transitions

I'm so sorry for the passing of your father.  I also would consult an estate attorney.  If he established residency in your state (usually six months), it would be someone in your state you would consult.